[GDT] Thurs Feb 22 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Seattle

30 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I'm not going to create a low light's package. I love Brock. I got a the flow T shirt from his rook season dudes a beauty. I'm just trying to bring some reality. He's been better/ more interested for Brock it's not like he's burying guys on the boards and hard on pucks. there is a small amount of improvment from last year in the non scoring part of the game. 

i strongly disagree. 

• Vintage 2

Little secret that most will not like; The first line should be (Miller / Boeser / Hoglander).................

Should really be the 649 line but strangely, it isn't.  See the thing is, we have the depth ant talent to use it all the time, so why not do so?  

4 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

JT always takes care of player on PTO or coming up from the AHL. Started with Chiasson, PDG and now Bains.

not his fault but also take Jake V under his wing...having said that I believe Jake's issues took place before JT arrived in Vancouver.  Would love to have JT mentor me....would be fun...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Why don't they call it the dads trip?

Does that term offend the rainbow army?

Not really sure  but some of the players in the picture don't have a father anymore, living anyway, I.e.  BB6 ... still there must have been some thought process going into the name  I wondered that myself.  Pretty sure it had nothing to do with a rainbow army.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

On 2/20/2024 at 8:11 AM, Breadnbutta said:

It's a bad look when a franchise and its fans complain about the refs constantly. And it's been this way for decades. Canucks Twitter is toxic, radio text lines are crazy, 

It's not a good look. 

I hate the cry baby stereotype Canucks fans have around the league, cause I'm not one.

17 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Why don't they call it the dads trip?

Does that term offend the rainbow army?

You were worried about our complaining...makes us look bad, remember? 

So be part of the solution not the problem?

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

The couple years previous to this, Brock played like crap and I recognized that. I'm not his biggest fan but he has noticeably improved in almost all areas. I think it's obvious his head is in a better place and he put in the work over the off-season. I'm not claiming he's a Patrice Bergeron out there or anything, but he is not hurting this team defensively and is providing some nice offense. I don't see anyone claiming he's become some kind of superstar, just that he's a good player that's found a nice fit and is earning his salary this year.

Brock has become some kind of superstar! There, it’s been said.

Seriously tho, I’m on your side here, he has vastly improved and we can all see that even hammer time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Dom said:

David Pagnotta claims the Canucks have offered EP40 8x12M.

If that's true then any distraction Pete wants to avoid is on him. If he's holding out for more it won't be here. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Did you ever consider that some Dads have recently passed?? And so it's inclusive and extends to other family members so everyone can have someone there.

I mean, it'd be awfully tough for Brock and so this is a considerate way to do a family trip.

Only those with insecurities will have a problem with it. 

Well said. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

BIG TEST

MUST WIN

BAINS

BAINS

BAINS

BAINS

ADVERSITY

ADVERSITY

ADVERSITY

ADVERSITY

MENTORS

MENTORS

TOP 6

ARSHDEEP

gioated-family-guy.gif

Oh man, there were some juicy ones laying right there for the taking 

Which @Dr. Crossbar  wisely avoided, 😆 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Did you ever consider that some Dads have recently passed?? And so it's inclusive and extends to other family members so everyone can have someone there.

I mean, it'd be awfully tough for Brock and so this is a considerate way to do a family trip.

Only those with insecurities will have a problem with it. 

Its a brilliant thing they do... It creates a family atmosphere amongst the players, that their families know one another...

On top of that, without the hockey mums and dads of the world, most of these players would never have reached the heights they do...

I think, things like that also plays into players mind, when they look at it come contract day... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1