[GDT] Thurs Feb 22 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Seattle

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Fair offer.  $12 million x 8 yrs. But EP will decide after the season.  

True or not, I actually don't really care.  Only thing I really care is his playoff performance this yr.  

^^^

A bit of a risk on health at the very least, although Petey would be betting nothing serious will happen to him between now and the end of the seasons - odds are on his side and as a Canuck fan longing for a deep run, I am praying it be so as well. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, tas said:

doesn't matter why he's better, just that he is. 

Beyond meat burger is better than couscous. Still no beef. I want to see Brock get mad just once. 

Hit someone in an awkward spot. crosscheck someone where they have no pads. bury someone 3 feet from the boards. Just once. Could be the difference between a cup or getting speed bagged by Marchand. 

Edited by Hammertime

9 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Beyond meat burger is better than couscous. Still no beef. I want to see Brock get mad just once. 

Hit someone in an awkward spot. crosscheck someone where they have no pads. bury someone 3 feet from the boards. Just once. Could be the difference between a cup or getting speed bagged by Marchand

I would whole-heartedly support Boeser supermanning (is that even a word) Marchand into the 5th row and take a 5 minute, game and supplemental discipline hearing (over the phone) for Boeser 

After the Canucks are up 5 - 1 of course. Mind you, that could potentially cost a few shekels out of BB6's bank account ... ok, a borderline blindside hit to the left of the numbers with skates stay on the ice but a massive upper squat lift with the right shoulder ... need him in the games and not in the press box at this moment in time.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

I would whole-heartedly support Boeser supermanning (is that even a word) Marchand into the 5th row and take a 5 minute, game and supplemental discipline hearing (over the phone) for Boeser 

After the Canucks are up 5 - 1 of course. Mind you, that could potentially cost a few shekels out of BB6's bank account ... ok, a borderline blindside hit to the left of the numbers with skates stay on the ice but a massive upper squat lift with the right shoulder ... need him in the games and not in the press box at this moment in time.

Superman that hoe. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

^^^

A bit of a risk on health at the very least, although Petey would be betting nothing serious will happen to him between now and the end of the seasons - odds are on his side and as a Canuck fan longing for a deep run, I am praying it be so as well. 

If this is true quite frankly I'm at a loss. He's the 4th most important player on the team. As much as it pains me he's basically made the decision for managment at that point. 

Edited by Hammertime

22 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Lets Go Arshdeep 

Lets Go CANUCKS

There can only be 1 Northwestern Pacific team, Lets send those Kraken down to the Bottom of the Ocean....

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

this is so true. LOLOLOLOL is there a worse NHL mascot?

21 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Hit someone in an awkward spot. crosscheck someone where they have no pads. bury someone 3 feet from the boards. Just once. Could be the difference between a cup or getting speed bagged by Marchand. 

oh, weird, I just like when players play to their strengths. expecting violence from brock is frankly kind of silly, just not at all who he is. 

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

If this is true quite frankly I'm at a loss. He's the 4th most important player on the team. As much as it pains me he's basically made the decision for managment at that point. 

Id say arguably 2nd. Hughes is the most valuable but Petey has the potential (when he's on his game) to be our best player & worth 12M for sure. Right now I'd say he's worth 10-11

Not to mention the rising cap which will make 12M seems like less over time. I'd also agree with Allvin when he says he feels Petey still has room to grow & become even better (he still just turned 25, we acquired Miller at 26 IIRC). 

28 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Fair offer.  $12 million x 8 yrs. But EP will decide after the season.  

True or not, I actually don't really care.  Only thing I really care is his playoff performance this yr.  

Very fair offer! I'd venture to say even a bit more than a top 5-10 center should get, but if your lucky enough to have one of these elite rare centers, you do all you can to keep them. But as you said, he is making a decision after the season. Said it in Sweden on that boat with Friedman this summer, so we will need to patiently wait. 

Saying all that management cant be to patient after the season. If you are not close by pre-season its time to make calls. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Id say arguably 2nd. Hughes is the most valuable but Petey has the potential (when he's on his game) to be our best player & worth 12M for sure. Right now I'd say he's worth 10-11

Not to mention the rising cap which will make 12M seems like less over time. I'd also agree with Allvin when he says he feels Petey still has room to grow & become even better (he still just turned 25, we acquired Miller at 26 IIRC). 

Obviously losing Pete to injury whatever would hurt. But losing Demko Miller Or obviously Hughes would be worse. This team is completely dead in the water without them.

Potential is beans. 

15 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

If Lindholm gets a bag around $8M+ with term, then I would probably start thinking Petery "might" not be in the cards for the Canucks long term and will be traded. But that is the world according to me and my opinion means Jack Squat to management ... we may be surprised in the end. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1