[PGT] Vancouver at Seattle

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Mik and Aman are second stringers.

Just on the bus for the ride. God forbid they should actually throw a body check much less score a fuckin goal.

Mikheyev should do the honourable thing, and go on the LTIR for the remainder of the season, work on his skating until he's back 100%.   His biggest asset, at 80-90% hasn't worked out at all.   PK ... well there are guys like Motte and Bleugar for that.     Then Allvin can pull the trigger and bring in something big for us, and add another 4-5 defenseman.   We could use a Luke Schenn like trade the other way this year.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, NucksNation said:

Not gonna lie wouldn’t mind if we trade Petey. We could get some major pieces.

He’s been getting physically dominated for a while now and playoffs will be much worse. Once the cheap shots and cross checks start it’s only a matter of time before he gets injured with his frame and is completely ineffective. 

Committing $12 million to him is kinda risky with how much he disappears. Isn’t the first time he’s done this for a long period of time. If he does this in the playoffs we’re done!

I remember when he joined the league and had a fire in him to be the best in the league. That seems to be completely gone.

I can see the rumours about him not wanting to sign here because of the market/attention/media being too much for him, now that’s it’s come out Nucks offered him 12 mill before the season started.

Not sure who this "source" is, or how reliable...and why it would be "leaked".   Seems odd.  And if I was Allvin, would be quite pissed about it, and locate said source and give him/her the boot.    12 x 8, for sure has to be the absolute high bar.    Don't like the "hate" or dislike getting thrown around, but do respect that number is very high, and comes with trepidation.    Agree with the video's analysis, at that price range, and at that price, we'd need EP to be a 100 point plus type every year, and be an impact playoff performer.    He'd be getting paid like a top player, and as a result should be a top player.   This for sure is still paying for potential.    Don't blame anyone for being nervous.  

Also said two months ago, EPs best comp is Barkov.    I'd also have a very difficult time, if they were the exact same age, and even not the same age, picking EP over Barkov.   He's a coaches delight, one of the best two-way players in the league, for sure the heir apparent to Bergeron and Kopitar.   Huge legs/core strength, and like Kesler, can manage a line all on his own no matter whom is put on his wing.   He's also a leader, and built for long playoff runs.     Barkov is on the second year, of his 8 year deal.    Cap went up 2 million since then.   And should go up 4 to 4.5 this year.   So 6.5% or so.   That puts EPs salary at 10.65 as a direct comp.   Starting salary.   12.27% cap hit is about bang on too.    Then to make sure EP is paid based on take home, add another 1.5 or so.   Arrive at the magic number 12.   

The Canucks for sure put their best offer forward.    And have to wonder, if they take it off the table at this point.    Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.   If EP doesn't like our media now, he's going to be ripped a new one non-stop after he signs that contract by both the media and fans when in a funk.    Suppose that's fair, but personally don't find it very classy to beat up on guys for contracts they were offered and signed.   Direct that attention to the GM.  

Edit:  As a case study, we lost Bure too.   And Hedican.  For Jovo basically.    Not at all a great trade at the time.   Seriously disappointed.   Jovo eventually won me over, the only reason that trade worked out, was because Bure's knees.     Bure with Mogilny,  should have been amazing.   Had his best years in Florida.    Hope EP signs that deal, can live with that.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Thanks 2
  • MillerTime 1

Great road game..............By the Kraken!

This IS one of those ya' can't win 'em all type games. I mean, I'm not worried. However it's evident we miss Daks and Soucy. Kraken was pretty consistent on the forecheck and positionally didn't really give us much; lotta' stick checks and being in the way of passing lanes and such. Kraken played a perfect Tocchet type game!

Bains with Flow and JTM I thought was pretty alright. Arshdeep certainly didn't look out of out of place. I don't know what their plan is with him presently, but he's a keeper for sure! He's our cheap option winger as far as I'm concerned.

Not gonna rag on any players in particular, but I do agree with RT's assessment in the post game of certain players not up to par. 

Looking forward to the rematch with the Bruins.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Hopefully they work it out.

Lindholm needs to improve, his +/- is worse than kuz since the trade and he's barely above kuz in points...

john huston work GIF by Warner Archive

Whose hands are those?   Waiting for a turn. 

IMG_3696.jpeg

Edited by IBatch

8 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes up until three weeks ago. It’s weird to see a forward that never throws hits. He just isn’t physical.

On more than one occassion this year I have seen Boeser throw the puck away to avoid getting hit.I'm still standing on my trade him pedastel and I ain't getting off soon.I would rather trade a guy having a one off goal scoring year for speed,strength and desire to drive the net and put up 65 points a year than 2 brock Boesers on my team.Those guys can help pull teams out of scoring slumps.Boeser really isn't and has never been a leader on this team.

31 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They got out of their rhythm on a tough road trip. The ASG was a big party then back to the grind, literally for this team.

Refs also really threw a monkey wrench in to things and they need to recover and regroup. It's like last year when they didn't have an answer and played tentative...gripping their sticks too tight. Getting away from what made them effective.

I'm not seeing many good hits...refs have made them scared to play physical. When a game is getting away from them sometimes knocking the other team off their stride is necessary. Kraken flying into our zone at times unimpeded. 

I just hope this isn't the beginning of the end of this great year. I don't buy the we're not good enough narrative and think they can turn this around. Get home, get some practices and refreshers in get back and into winning ways. 

All other top teams have had a losing skid so I'm not as worried as some. Happens. But it's also nothing to just ignore. I won't kick my team when they're down. Let's go Canucks, pick it up.

Don't buy it either.    As usual, sound of reason.  

We are a good team.   Maybe even a great team.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dude said:

On more than one occassion this year I have seen Boeser throw the puck away to avoid getting hit.I'm still standing on my trade him pedastel and I ain't getting off soon.I would rather trade a guy having a one off goal scoring year for speed,strength and desire to drive the net and put up 65 points a year than 2 brock Boesers on my team.Those guys can help pull teams out of scoring slumps.Boeser really isn't and has never been a leader on this team.

He's been engaged and battling on the boards. I'm not sure people on the trade him pedestal watch him as closely as they should.

He hit in the game vs the Wild and the Avs.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Heretic said:

I can't see that happening in our universe - maybe in an alternate one!

I don't either, but if they lose that game and 5 in a row, the season is over IMO. Their confidence will be completely gone. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

I don't either, but if they lose that game and 5 in a row, the season is over IMO. Their confidence will be completely gone. 

Nope.

This season they have a reference to go back to. Something that was working that they can refer to.

Confidence is definitely a factor....but before they just sucked. This year, they're good.

Lots of teams have been losing.

• Cheers 1

Their cheating. Stopped skating and hope the stick will reach. That’s why we having all those high stick penalties. Take that extra stride then stick check and take the body. To many swing and a miss thinking it’s all good

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1