[PGT] Vancouver at Seattle

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Nope.

This season they have a reference to go back to. Something that was working that they can refer to.

Confidence is definitely a factor....but before they just sucked. This year, they're good.

Lots of teams have been losing.

I really hope you're right!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Tocchet called out 4-5 players in the post-game. I'm guessing Mikheyev is one of them. The others include...Petey? 

Lindholm/Aman/Mikheyev/Cole & idk the 5th could be Petey/Myers/Lafferty?

6 hours ago, NucksNation said:

Not gonna lie wouldn’t mind if we trade Petey. We could get some major pieces.

He’s been getting physically dominated for a while now and playoffs will be much worse. Once the cheap shots and cross checks start it’s only a matter of time before he gets injured with his frame and is completely ineffective. 

Committing $12 million to him is kinda risky with how much he disappears. Isn’t the first time he’s done this for a long period of time. If he does this in the playoffs we’re done!

I remember when he joined the league and had a fire in him to be the best in the league. That seems to be completely gone.

I can see the rumours about him not wanting to sign here because of the market/attention/media being too much for him, now that’s it’s come out Nucks offered him 12 mill before the season started.

Has it though? Is is creditable or is it just another shit stirring wannabe 'insider'...

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Kragar said:

Schedule improves soon. Unfortunate that they don't have an extra day to prep for Boston (and why the hell they agreed to a 4pm game is beyond me).

The road trip coming up had no back to backs, and then they go over 3 weeks without a road game. As long as it's all just a matter of being gassed and lacking practice time, I won't worry.

HNIC... & So we can be embarrased in front of the whole country...can hear the fools in TO gloating already

Edited by Moeknows
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Integra250 said:

We were pretty much out of the playoff picture at this point last year, yet the sky is falling because we’ve lost 4 in a row but we’re still 1st in the NHL.

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

No no no you don't understand... we have zero chance and really suck, while Vegas, Boston etc etc they just lose because, that's what happens during a season......./s

• Cheers 2

In the last 10 games played:

BOS is 4-3-3

COL is 4-4-2

WPG is 4-5-1

VAN is 4-5-1

Not to mention the last 8 for the Canucks happened in 13 days including 6 on the road and 2 back to backs.

Relax.  The boys are gonna be fine.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Kevlar said:

I know that this may not be the right time to be looking at the bright side of life...

But this adversity will knock some sense into the team and it will make them that much better in the playoffs.

I just refuse to think that the team that we saw in the first 50+ games can just disappear. They did not just forget how to play. Maybe this will jump(kick)start these guys come playoff time.

Just look at Florida for example. Last year they were dog shit and struggled all season and sneak into the playoffs on 2 Pittsburgh losses to end the season and then down 3-1 to Boston and all of the sudden they come back to life and dominate their way to the finals. Everyone forgot they won the Presidents trophy the year prior and that, that team had the right recipe the whole time, they just battled through adversity all season long. I’d rather go cold now than in the playoffs like Boston did. Historic regular season run only to flatline holding a 3-1 series lead.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Canuck You said:

I feel like the Petey we've seen lately is what a playoff game would look like for him.

As well as getting roughed up a lot.   I am having nightmares about that…..not going to be pretty. 

7 hours ago, 24K said:

In the playoffs your opposition get the same schedule, games, and rest as you do. 

They won't be playing teams that were resting for 2 or 3 days after a grueling b2b in the playoffs. 

Maybe its why bigger more aggressive players are more apparent in the playoffs as apparently rules are changed from regular season and the stuff they do in the regular season isn't called as much and they are able to wear and injure players with lesser calls, and why we notice them more

I personally do not like the difference in calls/non calls between the two seasons and a rule book should be applied the same in a regular season game to game, regardless of the score or period and for the playoffs (or it's bush league)

I hate refs deciding a game by ignoring obvious penalties on plays they are clearly right in front of one, and call lame penalties from afar  it's frustrating at any time of the year, let the players decide, but ignoring  obvious holding, interference, tripping slashing etc in the playoffs should still be called as they give players unfair advantage outside the rules, is not letting the players decide, as one is cheating and getting away with it, let the best team playing within the rules win

9 hours ago, JayDangles said:

No.. that's just making up an excuse for the sake of making one up. It's not tired that's resulted in a 1 for 27 power Play. 

You should be concerned now.

Well no really we shouldnt be as concerned… we are scoring 5v5. We arent relying on the powerplay, if anything we should be salivating at the potential of that PP to get back on track and start doing damage again. I mean we’re what 23%? Like top half of the league? And our PP has done dick all this calendar year? When the whistles go away in playoffs, we’ll be the team finding the back of the net and the opposition will be trying to figure it out without the PP.

• ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

HNIC... & So we can be embarrased in front of the whole country...can hear the fools in TO gloating already

Can't see why they would care... they'll still have the Leafs for HNIC, and that's all that really matters to them.

53 minutes ago, spook007 said:

No no no you don't understand... we have zero chance and really suck, while Vegas, Boston etc etc they just lose because, that's what happens during a season......./s

Nobody in the comments has said the season is over. It’s funny how people blow what people say way out of proportion and then make fun of people for blowing things out of proportion while doing the same thing back to them.

People are allowed to be worried especially since Tochett himself has said these are pressure games and he wants to see how they react. So far they haven’t reacted very well. Doesn’t mean they can’t turn it around but there are legitimate concerns like the their top two lines not having chemistry at this point in the season and their pp in the toilet right now. Their ability to meet pressure with pressure is concerning because of the teams they just faced and the fact they haven’t shown they can. So far.  The teams were desperate teams. We don’t look desperate right now likely because we had such a big points lead.

The next game against Boston is a huge show me game because of Tochett calling out his players but I haven’t heard anyone say the season is over. Even Tochett has said if they play this way in the playoffs it will be over. So let’s stop saying the people who are negative are giving up. They aren’t at all but I can see how people can use what they say to twist to make it sound like they have given up and are fake fans. They aren’t. That’s just crap. The idea that you are only a fan if you speak 

mostly positive words about the team is people’s issue. It’s weird how people

feel they have a right to decide who is a fan and who isn’t.  What gives anyone that right?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Nobody in the comments has said the season is over. It’s funny how people blow what people say way out of proportion and then make fun of people for blowing things out of proportion while doing the same thing back to them.

People are allowed to be worried especially since Tochett himself has said these are pressure games and he wants to see how they react. So far they haven’t reacted very well. Doesn’t mean they can’t turn it around but there are legitimate concerns like the their top two lines not having chemistry at this point in the season and their pp in the toilet right now. Their ability to meet pressure with pressure is concerning because of the teams they just faced and the fact they haven’t shown they can. So far.  The teams were desperate teams. We don’t look desperate right now likely because we had such a big points lead.

The next game against Boston is a huge show me game because of Tochett calling out his players but I haven’t heard anyone say the season is over. Even Tochett has said if they play this way in the playoffs it will be over. So let’s stop saying the people who are negative are giving up. They aren’t at all but I can see how people can use what they say to twist to make it sound like they have given up and are fake fans. They aren’t. That’s just crap.

Everyone was concerned Vancouver was going to get pushed around and beat up and outmatched physically against WPG, we instead delivered the beating and outmatched them physically. That loss didnt concern me. We lost on a couple small mistakes, shit happens. But we dictated a lot of that game.

Minnesota 5v5 we mopped up, but the amount of consecutive penalties and 5v3s would be hard for any team to overcome. We still made a comeback up until the empty netters - that PK situation wont happen again and really shouldnt be too much of a concern facing 192836373 5v3s in a row.

COL we played a mistake free game coming off a back to back and the goals that beat us didnt come from the PK. An odd bounce off the net off the boards and back out past the goal line while Demko was looking the other way and then the Ian Cole screen that had Demko beat by a point shot… not concerned. 

we played at a top of the league level against some top teams and didnt fold. To say we dont meet pressure with pressure is a little false. Last night was the first game in ages where it was just a shit performance all around

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Everyone was concerned Vancouver was going to get pushed around and beat up and outmatched physically against WPG, we instead delivered the beating and outmatched them physically. That loss didnt concern me. We lost on a couple small mistakes, shit happens. But we dictated a lot of that game.

Minnesota 5v5 we mopped up, but the amount of consecutive penalties and 5v3s would be hard for any team to overcome. We still made a comeback up until the empty netters - that PK situation wont happen again and really shouldnt be too much of a concern facing 192836373 5v3s in a row.

COL we played a mistake free game coming off a back to back and the goals that beat us didnt come from the PK. An odd bounce off the net off the boards and back out past the goal line while Demko was looking the other way and then the Ian Cole screen that had Demko beat by a point shot… not concerned. 

we played at a top of the league level against some top teams and didnt fold. To say we dont meet pressure with pressure is a little false. Last night was the first game in ages where it was just a shit performance all around

It’s Tochett saying it, not me. He is the one calling out his players and he has mentioned more than once about handling pressure so I trust the coaches and what he is seeing and I agree with him. He knows his hockey and he’s behind the bench. I am not going to argue with Tochett.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

42 minutes ago, HKSR said:

In the last 10 games played:

BOS is 4-3-3

COL is 4-4-2

WPG is 4-5-1

VAN is 4-5-1

Not to mention the last 8 for the Canucks happened in 13 days including 6 on the road and 2 back to backs.

Relax.  The boys are gonna be fine.

Well, it’s really interesting to see those who want to trade Petey and then if Hughes go to see his brothers in a few years Miller don’t have anybody taking away the heat from his shoulder. 
He will be the top dog on the team and The youngsters coming up are are ready to go when Miller is loosing motivation. 

So why are some fans willing to go through the depressing years again and again? 

I don't know how we're supposed to find balance? Despite some good effort by Hogs, bigger teams cut the shooting lanes, and block him out . Garland got clobbered by Tanev. Then when Zads and Myers, Cole, Juulsen try to be physical. We get nothing but penalties. When we have Joshua and Soucy in the lineup we're a different team. Miller has been trying but we're still getting loses. I'm hoping it's the team is just tired and they need to recharge the batteries. I wish I had an answer.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s Tochett saying it, not me. He is the one calling out his players and he has mentioned more than once about handling pressure so I trust the coaches and what he is seeing and I agree with him. He knows his hockey and he’s behind the bench. I am not going to argue with Tochett.

He was pissed off last night in his interview. He did everything but call out individual players. He's really mad about the lack of proper practice time.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He was pissed off last night in his interview. He did everything but call out individual players. He's really mad about the lack of proper practice time.

Glad to see it. Hopefully the likes of Pettersson, Hronek, Cole and Mikeyev get the hint and actually play within the system tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1