[PGT] Vancouver at Seattle

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To quote Dirty Harry: "How's a man supposed to get experience if no one will give it to them?"

You know that there are 3rd and 4th lines, right?

Plenty of spots up for grabs there. He'd be a great linemate for Lafferty on the fourth. Aman needs to take a chair. 

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Zads, Myers, or Miller should have done something. 

Exactly so we are still lacking guys that are willing to drop their gloves. Could have picked up Zach for nothing and he would have done something no doubt about it. 

When you watch other team plays majority of them will do something about it except for around 5 teams that won't do shit and Vancouver is one of them. 

Edited by RolexSub
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It was good for Bains to have the experience, but his lack of NHL experience makes him a stopgap and not a real solution. 

Yes, this is true and obvious. No one should be thinking he's a solution this season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is a team that's lost its footing, anchors, and what stabilized it before the All Star Game.

A good example is Hronek - who is usually a stabilizing force for Hughes, has a more measured, multi-dimensional game this season - but is now trying to do too much and who is now being tried on the first power play as well (which I'm in favor of - he's a helluva player. Key to our success).

But we've seen this before. Guys start to get out of position, we see more holes, grip sticks tighter, and this all adds to the travel fatigue and frustration.

The entire team is weaker in chemistry, scrambling to cover the injuries, and off its footing. 

Need to get it together and dig deep. Another measuring game tomorrow. 

They need a break... I have full confidence, that once they get settled at home, we will see a turn around... 

Before we went on this and the previous away trip, everyone agreed this would be really testing times... They first away trip they nailed, the second they failed, all in all its what could be expected...

We will do fine, but the team gets to get its footing again, be it v Boston or the game after or the game after... 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yes, this is true and obvious. No one should be thinking he's a solution this season. 

I think he needs less pressure. He's probably a great full-time option for the fourth line. Match up his motor with Lafferty and sign a more truculent, bowling ball fourth liner, or trade for Cal Clusterfuck and Bainsy will shine. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was a crazy schedule. Two game homestand is just stupid. The amount of games in a small amount of time is stupid. I am sure lack of energy is playing g a big part but it doesn’t solve the lack of top 6 forwards we don’t have. Not only that but we don’t have enough forwards who provide something different on the top 6. In the top 6, other than Miller can anyone tell me how our other five forwards are different from each other in terms of their play. All very passive and don’t provide any physical element.

Totally agree - their compressed schedule has not helped (eg. played 6 more games than the Oilers) - 10am starts, eastern swings etc - however, each team plays the same number of games and I was just looking at the Oiler schedule - it is gonna get a bit more compressed with Eastern swings and back to backs coming up - many of opponents will be bubble / contending teams as well.

I also find a lot of teams this year seem to be "holding back defensively" a bit with a patient game until the third period (eg. Oilers + 3rd period comebacks) where they keep it close and then pour it on - managing their game a bit more. 

Its hard to play a full 60m effort in this league with the parity around  - don't spend all the energy in the first and then just run on fumes in the last period.

Just Win.jpg

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

They need a break... I have full confidence, that once they get settled at home, we will see a turn around... 

Before we went on this and the previous away trip, everyone agreed this would be really testing times... They first away trip they nailed, the second they failed, all in all its what could be expected...

We will do fine, but the team gets to get its footing again, be it v Boston or the game after or the game after... 

They were indeed measuring games and testing times. Most agreed. We now have to look at how we did in those tests. 

I've been vocal about the Boston games. We have another opportunity tomorrow. A big one. Imo, since we were the #1 team in the league, we need to show that and prove that. We have beaten top teams, we're just not making the statements we should right now. 

When you look at ebbs and flows of a season, especially with a good team, you can take some comfort in knowing that this won't last. We will come out of it. We are a good team. It's the nature if peaks and valleys, ebbs and flows.

So the people feeding, thriving and salivating at this losing streak to spew toxicity should enjoy this losing streak now because we will come out of it. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think he needs less pressure. He's probably a great full-time option for the fourth line. Match up his motor with Lafferty and sign a more truculent, bowling ball fourth liner, or trade for Cal Clusterfuck and Bainsy will shine. 

Agree. He should be starting on the fourth line. But it's indicative of what's going on right now that we have him playing over his head and the rest of the team trying to do too much, creating holes in our game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

They were indeed measuring games and testing times. Most agreed. We now have to look at how we did in those tests. 

I've been vocal about the Boston games. We have another opportunity tomorrow. A big one. Imo, since we were the #1 team in the league, we need to show that and prove that. We have beaten top teams, we're just not making the statements we should right now. 

When you look at ebbs and flows of a season, especially with a good team, you can take some comfort in knowing that this won't last. We will come out of it. We are a good team. It's the nature if peaks and valleys, ebbs and flows.

So the people feeding, thriving and salivating at this losing streak to spew toxicity should enjoy this losing streak now because we will come out of it. 

Well anyone who takes enjoyment out of losing and is hoping the Canucks lose is just ridiculous. Why would anyone hope for them to lose. I think what people mistake as fans hoping the team loses is actually just the frustration that some have with their inability to meet pressure with pressure. They want to see this core take the bull by the horns and impose their will on the league. When that doesn’t happen fans question their ability to handle pressure and get things done. The fact they have reverted back to losing habits doesn’t help as well. Totally abandoned whats got them to the top. Frustrates people is all.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree. He should be starting on the fourth line. But it's indicative of what's going on right now that we have him playing over his head and the rest of the team trying to do too much, creating holes in our game. 

Lindholm should go back with Miller and Boeser. 

Pettersson can have Hoglander and Mikeyev.

Suter on the line with Blueger and Garland.

Lafferty Bains and PDG

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I don't feel so concerned about the Boston game... 

If we were playing to our potential, yes then I would be good to see us beat them, but we are not, or at least haven't been the last few games.

I'm just hoping/expecting us to get out of the funk after a few days home, when the boys gets rested and time to practice again...

After the Bruins game they start to see a more relaxed schedule, and that will without doubt help them settle down...

• Cheers 2

What a schedule.  It feels like they've been on the road for a month.  Now they come

home for 3 games and then back on the road again.  It's hard to get some decent

practices in with all the air miles they're putting up.

I look forward to the extended home games coming up in early March.  They should

be able to gain a lot of points in those 9 games.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

What a schedule.  It feels like they've been on the road for a month.  Now they come

home for 3 games and then back on the road again.  It's hard to get some decent

practices in with all the air miles they're putting up.

I look forward to the extended home games coming up in early March.  They should

be able to gain a lot of points in those 9 games.

At least they have some breaks in-between games and none of these ridiculous game times...

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Been waiting for them to sign that type of player forever... will surprised if them don't leading up to the TDL...

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I don't actually like her as a reporter, but that's just my preference.  I think there have been better ones over the years. Telling her to go Only Fans is just plain disrespectful.

Why do people have to say shit that's not very nice? Keep that shit to yourself. That realtor needs to get some consequences for some stupid shit they said.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lindholm should go back with Miller and Boeser. 

Pettersson can have Hoglander and Mikeyev.

Suter on the line with Blueger and Garland.

Lafferty Bains and PDG

I don't mind those lines. They look good. Keep Miller and Boeser on the outside, Lindholm down low. 

Lindholm is still finding his way and adjusting. We always knew that would be an adjustment. 

I do think there's something with Lindholm, Petey, and Hoglander. 

But ...

Tocchet needs to be careful that he doesn't get caught in a spinning wheel of experimentation. Our lines need reliability. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

A lot of real estate agents are scumbags. And I'm surprised that people would deal with them.

I don't think it's limited to real estate agents though. It's just the nature of the job. And with any job, there's going to be bad folks as well as good ones. Real estate agents - the good ones - serve an important purpose. If they advise properly, they can help smooth the whole process. There's a lot of stress involved in the job itself that doesn't get recognized. People often undercut them but demand a lot from them.

Real estate agents don't get paid unless a property is sold. It's not an easy job at all, even though there's a lot of money at stake. You can work 12+ hours and not get paid at the end of all those genuine efforts. That's rough and soul-killing.

I hate sales and I would never do it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Every time a Vancouver Realtor gets mentioned I think of the Harvey guy that got kicked off CDC

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hey Patrick- while agree- no need to get personal, let's not pretend Kate is a reporter; when she is a Canuck  paid,  public relations representative.

• Cheers 1