[PGT] Vancouver at Seattle

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Cole could definitely use a rest.

Would like to to pry Erik Johnson out of Buffalo.

Johnson would actually be perfect. As much as we love Tanev I think he'd be an even better fit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wing said:

Hmm didn't catch this game. Guess we're on our official slump of the season.

The last time Tocc called the team out was the 2-0 loss against Philly early in the season? Not sure if it'll work again.

He was far more pointed with his comments this time. Focusing on specific players without mentioning their names.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I feel like the Petey we've seen lately is what a playoff game would look like for him.

Playing through the physical part of the game and dominating is something elite players can do. Petey so far looks disengaged. I am not sure if he has it in him until he shows he can. Hopefully it’s a learning lesson for him and he can show us he can but I am not sure he has it in him. Maybe he a just calm. Just feels indifferent from the coach.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

It’s weird to hear the players speaking and they sound so different in terms of the level of concern. They sound like they don’t think it’s a big deal. Hughes doesn’t sound like he is as disappointed as Tochett is. Just seems weird the coach is pissed and the players are a little less worried.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I feel like the Petey we've seen lately is what a playoff game would look like for him.

Too soft

he’s always getting knocked down 

his frustrations always show, titling his head back etc. he plays like it’s shinny 

that frustration he shows is a tell that he’s not mentally strong enough. Things won’t always go your way, you need to play through it and make smart plays

he forces plays to be pretty vs often making a simple play 

it’s only going to get harder

I don't buy the tired and fatigue excuse I see from media. 

Sure 5 games in 8 nights is tiring, but come playoff time, you have to learn to fight through fatigue and games every other night for 3 months essentially.

This team since the allstar break are 4-5-1 and they have looked like a team that hasn't come to the conclusion and realization that they haven't accomplished jack yet, and have to bring their game to another level in compete, intensity and focus. It looks like a team that is resting on their laurels and a selected few in particular. Their efforts are simply not good enough, they need to really ramp it up here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

WTF IS GOING ON!

TIME FOR ACTION TEAR THIS TEAM DOWN!

TOTAL DISASTER!

explosion.gif

hanging-hang.gif

lego-death-execution.gif

wile-e-coyote-mad-falling-j2oiqo0ih932jb

See people come on here and ventpost after a loss... THIS is a ventpost. Do you feel better? I dont.

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

It’s all the fans fault. We voted for the players to go to the All Star game only Hughes was picked by the NHL. Next year don’t vote!!!!

Haha not sure if this was a joke but maybe I can see other players from other teams seeing so many Canucks all stars that the Canucks basically put a bigger target on them with other players

11 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s weird to hear the players speaking and they sound so different in terms of the level of concern. They sound like they don’t think it’s a big deal. Hughes doesn’t sound like he is as disappointed as Tochett is. Just seems weird the coach is pissed and the players are a little less worried.

I am sure when the camera's are not around there is a different vibe.

Joshua and Soucy cannot come back quick enough. Hughes cannot be playing 24+ minutes a night. You get the best out of him when he’s playing around 20 minutes. 

I think it’s time they package Mikheyev with a pick and prospect and get him gone. 5 million wasted on the 4th line. Giving me Loui Erickson flashbacks with 6 mil on the 4th line. 

I really hope this team rebounds soon and get off this funk.

Considering the last two seasons the team only started to play well around this time of the season when they were pretty much out of the playoffs and the games were meaningless,  it would be really telling if the team can't recover and just collapse in the last 6 or so weeks into the season when they were the top team in the league.

It would kind of show the core just can't handle the intensity and pressure. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:27 PM, Vancan said:

I am sure when the camera's are not around there is a different vibe.

One time I want to see one of them just take every question too seriously.... 

Reporter(NOTKateP): "Are you concerned with the lack of effort out there?"

Player: "Concerned? Why would i be... wait should I be???? Wait why??? Are we gunna

lose ALL our games WHAT DO YOU KNOW????"

Edited by Shirotashi

54 minutes ago, Pears said:

Really amplifying the absences of Joshua and Soucy even more. 

Its really sad that missing a third liner winger and a bottom pairing dman causes the team to lose its total structure and staples in the game. Joshua and Soucy are important pieces, but this team has enough talent and players with the work ethic to get the job done.

I think the top players namely Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, and Hronek need to give their balls a tug. IMO.

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

Too many games in a short period of time. I warned that this will be 2nd tough stretch of the season before it happened with 2 3rd games in 4 nights in 15 days without any break.  Thankfully it will be the last kind of stretch.  November stretch was the toughest of them all and this one is 2nd toughest and it happened to be a divisional game.  They'll get some rest after Boston game and will still be somewhat fresh until 9 games home stand.  Can't wait for that.  With that insane travel in this month does make the Canucks looking tired.    They don't even have any leg nor looking quicker.   I would like to think that it is the first game back home type in Seattle tonight and the effect doesn't happen on Saturday since it's a very short trip home.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Canucks are 1-4 without Joshua.  He seems to be an important part of this team.  I hope we re-sign him in the summer...

Knowing the impact he has on the team. Wouldn't be surprised if his asking price is 4 million now 😬

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I don’t know why I have this bad feeling that Boston is going to steam roll us on Saturday. We’re gonna get creamed like a Boston pie no pun intended with the way we’re playing

With Boston losing lately and the Canucks, both teams should be up for a win with effort

• Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I don't buy the tired and fatigue excuse I see from media. 

Sure 5 games in 8 nights is tiring, but come playoff time, you have to learn to fight through fatigue and games every other night for 3 months essentially.

This team since the allstar break are 4-5-1 and they have looked like a team that hasn't come to the conclusion and realization that they haven't accomplished jack yet, and have to bring their game to another level in compete, intensity and focus. It looks like a team that is resting on their laurels and a selected few in particular. Their efforts are simply not good enough, they need to really ramp it up here.

In the playoffs your opposition get the same schedule, games, and rest as you do. 

They won't be playing teams that were resting for 2 or 3 days after a grueling b2b in the playoffs.