What can be done about the top 6? We are missing 2 forwards.

I'd actually like to see Joshua get a chance with Petey and Boeser, and garland a shot with Miller and Lindholm.

I hate to break up the successful chemistry of that 3rd line, but our top 6 would benefit and we have the depth in bottom 6 talent to offset.

I'd be particularly interfered in Joshua. Burrows effect?

On 2/24/2024 at 8:27 AM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I will do it for you. Boeser 1 goal, 5 assists in his last 10

games. Hmm I wonder where his assists have come from.

1 goal and he’s supposed to be a scorer.

Yeah Boeser is a bum 🤣

• Vintage 2

In the long run of things we have some interesting choices going into next year.  

1.  Several guys are going to have to walk in free agency as we can't sign everyone.  

2.  Several players need to be moved up from Abby or risk stunting growth or losing them.  

3. We may need to trade some guys to make room too.  

I see more forward changes then D changes next year.  But I think next season ends up something like this.  

Hogs Petey Mik

Pods Miller Boeser

Joshua Suter Garland

Karlsson Aman Bains

Spare PDG.  

Hughes Tanev

Big Z. Hronek

Soucy Juulsen

Spare Friedman Woo

Demko

Silovs 

That would mean signing Petey 12, Hronek 8, Tanev 4, Zadorov 3.5 and Joshua 3.  And letting Cole, Bluegar, Myers, Lafferty, Lindholm Desmith walk or dealt.  My rough math says that is about 83m

Not sure how much a step back that is.  Can Mik regain his lost speed?  Can Hogs score 30 with more ice time and PP time?  Can Pods be a power forward with Miller to show him the way and take the pressure off?  Are Bains and Karlsson ready to contribute some and can that young 4th line play plus hockey? 

Laughable thread. Just as I predicted , we added one of the top available top 6 players in Lindholm and yet some fans are still clamoring for not one but 2 more top 6 players. Completely oblivious to the fact that every team is built on compromises. There is no team in the NHL with a top 6 that these fans would be satisfied with. And if there is , let's hear it. Tell me which team has a top 6 that you'd be satisfied with. 

On 2/24/2024 at 8:02 PM, BigTramFan said:

Yeah Boeser is a bum 🤣

Canuckfanforlyfe82 is the biggest "what have you done for me lately" bandwagon fan. Just watch. Miller will go a few games without a goal and he will pipe up about him too.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Canuckfanforlyfe82 is the biggest "what have you done for me lately" bandwagon fan. Just watch. Miller will go a few games without a goal and he will pipe up about him too.

i think we need an 82 emoji for when a post sounds more like a whine or complaint.  But that would be giving him too much attention lol

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

On 2/24/2024 at 2:43 PM, Mr Wrong said:

Coaches should take Peteys phone from him. I read somewhere he is on social media all the time. You cannot get through a full season dealing with all the crap online. Make it a no social media time starting now all the way until they get eliminated in the playoffs, or they win it all. It lets the players focus on what is important. 
I remember some years when players decided to not take their Xboxes on road games 😂 it is actually quite simple. Petey will be a better player. 

IMG_3609.gif.8388ac6e55794508c58d3892a304769a.gif