[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins, Feb 24, 4PM PST (7PM EST), Rogers Arena, the SPLAT THE RAT (for Reals this time) GAME & START A NEW STREAK M'Kay!

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I understand there was a concert at Roger's last night. Madonna and someone called Johnny Blaze. They say it doesn't effect the covered ice surface,

but I know that not to be true. Wonder which team it will bother the most.

Probably the Canucks.  We play with more skill and skating.  Bruins play more meat and potatoes.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I understand there was a concert at Roger's last night. Madonna and someone called Johnny Blaze. They say it doesn't effect the covered ice surface,

but I know that not to be true. Wonder which team it will bother the most.

If you’re not teasing can you please explain.. genuinely curious 😅

It was good to see Tocchet's response after the Kraken game. There is no question about him seeing his team the way most of us do lazy, effortless, uncoordinated and soft. And although he takes responsibility for it, my guess is he lets them know how disappointed he is. If RT can't turn this around, we just don't yet have the right mix of players to go deep into the playoffs. 

• Like 2

I'd like to beat the bruins sure but i'm not expecting us to get back to the dominant team we were until the road trip that starts on march 3rd vs the ducks and whose end then kicks off a 9-game homestand. I think we need more practice time to fix the powerplay,adjust our zone entries and fix some d issues.

I'll be ok if we slowly improve and take 3 from 6 points, though 3 wins for us would be awesome.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

Get your facts straight… This is not a big test. This is one game of 82 and we are at the top already.

If we slip down it doesn’t matter a thing.

The big test or whatever you call it is in the playoff.

The biggest test will be if the fans can handle another humiliating loss to the big

bad Bruins.

Seriously though, the Canucks have taken many beat downs by the Bruins,

which in turn has created a group anxiety disorder.  It's become personal;

like an obsession.  We are a fragile bunch🫣

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't know that he JUST saw it as you've said here though. A bit of a misrepresentation in my view. That's the worst case scenario that some fans here have adopted without keeping things in context. Yes, it's slid and they need to find a way.

He also did mention being exhausted but doesn't offer that as an excuse. Simply a factor but some don't factor that in. Part of what we're seeing here, but playoffs is a huge test so they have to acclimatize themselves now.

"It's been a tough stretch of 2-3 weeks here" and then alluded to wanting to conserve some energy for the game. He gets that part.

There's no denying the schedule's been tough and the reffing even tougher. Those aren't things to simply ignore, however, the team does have to stay focused and do the things they know how to do. It's not that they're just "lazy" per se....they're tired and cheating a bit. Not skating. Hopefully a bit of relief in the schedule will help with that.

Their pp is struggling. 

It's not just a write off here and Tocchet won't just assess the team on this small sample size. Big picture is they've done well through the season and need to reset. They have the ability to play a different game and he knows that.

They ARE a good team in a grinder right now. The mental game has to refocus and let go of the recent past or they'll get caught up in it (as they appear to be at the moment). 

Your spin puts a character defect slant on the team and "not the right mix" but that's you, not him.

I hope you're right!

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The biggest test will be if the fans can handle another humiliating loss to the big

bad Bruins.

Seriously though, the Canucks have taken many beat downs by the Bruins,

which in turn has created a group anxiety disorder.  It's become personal;

like an obsession.  We are a fragile bunch🫣

The Rat is close to retirement so the anxiety will go away then. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING STAT!

Last year, the Bruins were 6-0 under referee Frederick L’Ecuyer; the Canucks went 0-4.

Source: https://scoutingtherefs.com/2024/02/44032/todays-nhl-referees-and-linespersons-2-24-24/#BOSvsVAN

WOOHOO! The Fix is In, LOL,  ...., BEAT BOTH TEAMS BOYZ!

The Bruins didn’t lose many games last season just so you know.

Also the Canucks lost a lot.

Stats without context is fun though!

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The Bruins didn’t lose many games last season just so you know.

Also the Canucks lost a lot.

Stats without context is fun though!

Yes, well aware that the Bruins set a record for most points in a season last year beating the Montreal Canadiens record.

Absolutely ... how conspiracies start ... just ask most any Trump supporters ... 4, 3, 2, 1, .... and the political fight is on.

Edited by Rocket-68