[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins, Feb 24, 4PM PST (7PM EST), Rogers Arena, the SPLAT THE RAT (for Reals this time) GAME & START A NEW STREAK M'Kay!

Rocket-68

24 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Boston lost the flames, they aren’t coming in happy…. 

it’s going to be a tough game. 

Canucks lost 4 straight.  They aren't going to be happy tomorrow.  That's what the Bruins are thinking. 

41 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I'm seeing a lot of Pettesson being traded. Traded to Tom Dick and Harry. That guy Twitternese told me so.🤒

Seriously, Petey said many moons ago, I leave everything to my agent. Also said "I want to be paid".

1- Does he back off the rough stuff too much; To the point of it being obvious ?

2- Does he look motivated to win games for his team?

3- All about the next contract and what's the max and term will bring? 

Well almost everyone does 3 to a point.

4- Last but not least, Do the Canucks want him back?

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm seeing a lot of Pettesson being traded. Traded to Tom Dick and Harry. That guy Twitternese told me so.🤒

Seriously, Petey said many moons ago, I leave everything to my agent. Also said "I want to be paid".

1- Does he back off the rough stuff too much; To the point of it being obvious ?

2- Does he look motivated to win games for his team?

3- All about the next contract and what's the max and term will bring? 

Well almost everyone does 3 to a point.

4- Last but not least, Do the Canucks want him back?

In the last GDT, if memory serves me correctly, someone proposed Petey for Eriksson Ek, Faber and Boldy. Setting aside for the moment whether this is utterly ridiculous (or not), would you do the deal? And if so what would be the point that you would say no (i.e., too many pieces added on the Petey side.)

I would, for the record, but definitely would be problematic this year cap wise but next year would be possible.

Opinion #2 if that was the deal on the table and the pieces didn't include something "ridiculous" JR would be packing Petey's bags for him as a courtesy.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Upvote 1

It cracks me up that the coach and others are complaining about fatigue and playing 10 games in 17 days? They've only had one back to back in that stretch and they were coming off the all-star break? Then after RT gets through blasting the team about lazy stick penalties and not competing he give an optional skate today with no vets attending? They should all be working their asses off on their crappy special teams! Just tired of excuses, I've heard them for decades.............Sigh

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

It cracks me up that the coach and others are complaining about fatigue and playing 10 games in 17 days? They've only had one back to back in that stretch and they were coming off the all-star break? Then after RT gets through blasting the team about lazy stick penalties and not competing he give an optional skate today with no vets attending? They should all be working their asses off on their crappy special teams! Just tired of excuses, I've heard them for decades.............Sigh

Step back from the edge

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

Fatigue is real.  Coach never used that as an excuse.   He said they need to learn how to play with fatigue.  Nux played the most games since ASG, and also the most games in NHL still.  Fatigued players make poor decisions and hence take stupid penalties. 

Not to mention have 6 players in ASG and didn't have a real break.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Fatigue is real.  Coach never used that as an excuse.   He said they need to learn how to play with fatigue.  Nux played the most games since ASG, and also the most games in NHL still.  Fatigued players make poor decisions and hence take stupid penalties. 

Not to mention have 6 players in ASG and didn't have a real break.  

Next year, lets vote in 7 members of the Bruins into the ASG along with Pizza Delivery Guy as the Canuck representative - everyone rests that way 

image.gif.e0f791ec6cbeb786d8e15260e974e88b.gif

Edited by Rocket-68