[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins, Feb 24, 4PM PST (7PM EST), Rogers Arena, the SPLAT THE RAT (for Reals this time) GAME & START A NEW STREAK M'Kay!

Rocket-68

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Goes to show the emotional immaturity of this team. Canucks need more veteran leadership to show the way.

If Myers or his teammates recognize that issue and want to fix it, I’d say that shows more emotional security.

And what he said is EXACTLY what a veteran leader would say.

• Cheers 1

Let’s see what kind of game the Canucks play today. The dreams will say it’s just another game, they’ve done enough this year. It’s “adversity”, they’ll learn from this. 
The realists are thinking we’ve lost 4 damn games in a row and got our asses handed to us by Bruins couple weeks ago. We better come out hot today

Looking back at the post game and Tocchet's take on the previous loss to the Bruins, there are takeaways this time around ...

First, as per Tocchet ... "it was a big game. These are big time games."

No early shorthanded goals.

Manage coverage mistakes.

Better defending.

Better connection.

Better effort.

Need guys to show up.

Chase down pucks.

Fight for space.

Stay involved.

Stay with staples.

Ownership and accountability.

Need to grow.

When in big games, can't make mistakes. Need urgency.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Obviously it's not a must win in that it has little bearing on anything besides a hypothetical tiebreaker but it is the chance to defy our recent history and beat them beantowners in our building and add another win against a top team.

Historically yes i savour every win over marchand et al and it would be a fantastic way to stop a slide. 

The hockey gods do not practice karma however so i just want us to work hard and hopefully grab the win.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Upvote 1

It's timely and key that Tocchet has been preaching about playing under pressure. He's been preparing the team for the intensity of the second half. 

Just like the previous game against the Bruins, we have to play better under pressure. We can't be undisciplined and take reckless penalties.

Boston just announced the NHL players safety Committee has entered Marchand into the licking abuse program, he will still be allowed to play but will have to wear a licking prevention apparatus for the remainder of his career. 

Go Canucks :towel:

IMG_1777.jpeg

• Haha 1

Did everyone see Myers in front of the net when they pulled goalie last game?

They should switch up pp even more and just rapid fire.

Myers/Zadorov net front

Boeser         Bains            Miller

Hughes

4 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Did everyone see Myers in front of the net when they pulled goalie last game?

They should switch up pp even more and just rapid fire.

Myers/Zadorov net front

Boeser         Bains            Miller

Hughes

I suggested this last PGT! They must have been snooping!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Let’s see what kind of game the Canucks play today. The dreams will say it’s just another game, they’ve done enough this year. It’s “adversity”, they’ll learn from this. 
The realists are thinking we’ve lost 4 damn games in a row and got our asses handed to us by Bruins couple weeks ago. We better come out hot today

Its just another game, but weve lost 4 damn games in a row. Oh well, its good to face some adversity. But we cant rest on that, we better cone out hot and not get our asses kicked. But if we do thats good cause we will learn and grow.

How am i doing?

• Haha 2

I have a bad feeling we are going to have a 7 game losing streak on our hands, I think next win will be against the Ducks.  I hope I'm wrong but I've lost a lot of confidence in this group.

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Bruins last 10 games have been pretty crap too. They lost twice to the Lames and to the Kraken so we are two struggling teams at the moment.

They will certainly up their game. We have to up ours more.

The problem is they have swagger when they play the Canucks.  Swagger = confidence = play better.

25 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

This tells me that special teams for the most part is killing us right now.  Good teams that are in a slump can still win games with their special teams.  We aren't doing that right now, which is the main problem.  The refs aren't helping either.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1
  • Wiener 1

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

How about the in betweens....the real realists who know there's a balance between these two takes.

We don't have to climb out onto the edge yet but we're also not there yet either.

The realists that you speak of need to remember there were 55 games before those 4 losses and there are over 20 games to come? Those 4 games were a very small snippet.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

Anyone have anything nice they are eating or drinking tonight?

I'm going to have a nice Greek salad and peach cider(s). I'm over winter comfort good and am craving fresh fruits/veggies.

I'm also going to make cabbage rolls this weekend but likely tomorrow. 

• Like 3