[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins, Feb 24, 4PM PST (7PM EST), Rogers Arena, the SPLAT THE RAT (for Reals this time) GAME & START A NEW STREAK M'Kay!

Rocket-68

40 minutes ago, Thrago said:

I have a bad feeling we are going to have a 7 game losing streak on our hands, I think next win will be against the Ducks.  I hope I'm wrong but I've lost a lot of confidence in this group.

Lol it’s because you’ve only watched 4 games all year. Simmer down the boys are too good to NOT bounce back. 

Enjoy the last 23 games including tonight. 

Go Canucks! :towel:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Anyone have anything nice they are eating or drinking tonight?

Making Pho from scratch - delicious and worth the wait for broth to simmer for about 8 hours.

Will wait until the third period to select the drink of choice - selection ranges from a nice red from Beringer (Cab Sav most likely) to a chalice of Conium Macultatum aka hemlock (ala Socrates).

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Anyone have anything nice they are eating or drinking tonight?

The game is early so it will have to be pizza ( the line of least resistance)

the outcome of the game will determine which whiskey or whisky I have:

Lose and it's Paddy

Win and it's a Glenlivet or a 15 yo Glenfiddich or both

• Wiener 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm going to have a nice Greek salad and peach cider(s). I'm over winter comfort good and am craving fresh fruits/veggies.

I'm also going to make cabbage rolls this weekend but likely tomorrow. 

Sounds awesome!

Time for some deck drinks for sure!

LOVE cabbage rolls.

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Making Pho from scratch - delicious and worth the wait for broth to simmer for about 8 hours.

Will wait until the third period to select the drink of choice - selection ranges from a nice red from Beringer (Cab Sav most likely) to a chalice of Conium Macultatum aka hemlock (ala Socrates).

Sounds great!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

The game is early so it will have to be pizza ( the line of least resistance)

the outcome of the game will determine which whiskey or whisky I have:

Lose and it's Paddy

Win and it's a Glenlivet or a 15 yo Glenfiddich or both

I secretly love Glenfiddich 15. Not sure why but I do.

25 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Bruins last 10 games have been pretty crap too. They lost twice to the Lames and to the Kraken so we are two struggling teams at the moment.

They will certainly up their game. We have to up ours more.

All the more reason why we should be taking this second game against them. Need to assert ourselves. Good opportunity to turn this ship around and make the statement as the #1 team. 

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's really quite glaring when you look at things.

• In January, before the AS break, this team won 10 of 13 games. Got points in 12/13.
  • Our last game was January 27 and the team was then set on ice for 10 days. They really had some rhythm going, then the plug was pulled. 
  • Came back to resume play on a road trip and traveling/playing every other night for 19 days.
  • Throw a back to back in there.
  • Adjusted times of our games to suit the entire world. Mornings on the road. Fun stuff.

It's been quite a deal and yes, other teams have to do stuff too. I'm not sure of this magnitude though. Reffing's been ass.

We really do miss Joshua in my opinion (quickly has become one of my favourites). He plays a tough game and brings a lot of energy. Sure, teams have to have depth and be able to deal with injury...but we're seeing how much of an impact he has (Soucy too). I hope Joshua sticks around with the team.

Not excuses...but certainly stuff to keep in mind.

Go Canucks. Let's quiet all the noise.

Nah, BRING THE NOISE

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What exactly is a "wiener" and when should I use this emoticon?   🤔

I only gave that emoticon (almost said wiener,then thought no that doesn't sound right) for fun. If it stands for a bad thing I apologize.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Nux need only about 8-9 wins to clinch.  

Time to get serious again and make that final push.   

I like this mindset. Lets play it like three 7 game series (plus a couple extra games)

• Upvote 2