Canucks Sportsnet broadcast team

Mordekai

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Well, I mean... they could've also used "resident homer", but then that probably wouldn't apply to Ferraro... 😝

Dear Gord no it would not. I like Ray, I'm very interested to see how he handles.the gig. But he generally hasn't been the most.. supportive of the Canucks in recent memory. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Dave Tomlinson apparently will not get all that may game which for me, is too bad.  My experience with watching other game is Ferraro's voice can get, um, I'll just say repetitive  and leave it at that.

Tell me you play too much Chell with out telling me you play too much Chell 😬

• ThereItIs 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sportsnet-announces-2023-24-vancouver-canucks-broadcast-schedule/

Starting Oct. 17, regional Canucks coverage features:

• The debut of Sportsnet’s new regional broadcast team: Announcer John Shorthouse with the play-by-play call, alongside new game analyst Dave Tomlinson and host Dan Murphy. Former NHLer Ray Ferraro will also join the Sportsnet broadcast team as game analyst on select regional Canucks games throughout the season.

17 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Tell me you play too much Chell with out telling me you play too much Chell 😬

I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN THE ANNOUNCERS YELL AT ME FOR A SIMPLE SAVE. " OH WHAT A SAVE! "

Settle down, Cybulskibot. The puck was passed off the goalie by accident.

So loud. I kind of miss the monotone indifference of the old commentary back in the day.

"Ohlund .... Runs Over..... Kariya" or something like that.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN THE ANNOUNCERS YELL AT ME FOR A SIMPLE SAVE. " OH WHAT A SAVE! "

Settle down, Cybulskibot. The puck was passed off the goalie by accident.

So loud. I kind of miss the monotone indifference of the old commentary back in the day.

"Ohlund .... Runs Over..... Kariya" or something like that.

You're doing it wrong my guy. Turn the commentating off and listen to 650 podcasts while you play. You're welcome!

Just now, -AJ- said:

I think I'll like Tomlinson more, but maybe some of Ferraro will be a nice way to mix it up. Wonder if they'll have all three and have Ferraro between the benches or is that too much?

I hope not... everytime I see Debrusks giant coconut down inbetween the benches I get unreasonably annoyed.

• Haha 1

Canucks: Dave Tomlinson calling games with John Shorthouse, with help from Ray Ferraro

Play-by-play man John Shorthouse will call Vancouver Canucks games on TV alongside analysts Dave Tomlinson and Ray Ferraro this coming season.

The long-rumoured set-up came to fruition on Tuesday, with Sportsnet announcing their broadcast team for 58 regional Canucks games. It’ll be largely Shorthouse and Tomlinson, with Ferraro joining the broadcast for “select regional Canucks games throughout the season.”

Dan Murphy is back as host.

Ferraro also works for ESPN. No word on how many Canucks games he’ll call, and whether they’ll employ a three-man booth for those games or they’ll give Tomlinson the night off.

Ferraro is married to Canucks assistant general manager Cammi Granato.

Tomlinson had been the Canucks’ radio analyst for seven season prior to the team switching rights holders from TSN 1040 to Sportsnet 650 in 2017-18. He’s spent the past two years as radio analyst for Seattle Kraken games.

News broke in late March that John Garrett, who had been the analyst for Canucks’ games since 2001, wouldn’t be returning for Sportsnet regional games, even though he still had another year on his contract. He’s expected to still work other Sportsnet games, though.

Sportsnet 650 has also confirmed the radio crew for this season. Brendan Batchelor is back for play-by-play, with Randip Janda handling the majority of the analyst duties. Brett Festerling will fill-in for Janda on Saturday games once again.

https://apple.news/A_b9MSF5bT46BXCSbWbbZFw

• Thanks 1