Canucks Sportsnet broadcast team

Mordekai

tomlinson is adequate but needs to reign in the canned enthusiasm. ray is great. 

nobody can replace cheech and that chemistry he had with shorty, but they've found the best replacements they possibly could. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 4

On 9/19/2023 at 1:37 PM, tas said:

tomlinson... needs to reign in the canned enthusiasm.

Am I safe to assume you're talking about his recent days in Seattle? 

Tomlinson was on 650 recently talking about how he would talk a bit differently there being in a newer market. Over-explaining things, dumbing it down a bit. I wonder if that's a part of that 'canned hype' you're referring to? I don't remember him enough from his TSN1040 days to know if he's always been that way though so 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Am I safe to assume you're talking about his recent days in Seattle? 

Tomlinson was on 650 recently talking about how he would talk a bit differently there being in a newer market. Over-explaining things, dumbing it down a bit. I wonder if that's a part of that 'canned hype' you're referring to? I don't remember him enough from his TSN1040 days to know if he's always been that way though so 🤷‍♂️

nope, I'm referring to his previous stint on canucks radio. 

On 9/19/2023 at 11:58 AM, Rip The Mesh said:

Dave Tomlinson apparently will not get all that may game which for me, is too bad.  My experience with watching other game is Ferraro's voice can get, um, I'll just say repetitive  and leave it at that.

Is Tomlinson the one who never lets the play breathe. always jumping right in with a verbal replay of what we just saw for ourselves? No colour in this colour guy. 

Edited by Inkidu