[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

So ummm... for the official record... game winning goal was a POWERPLAY GOAL 😆

So ummm..............Your point?!?!?!??!?  Dude. I jest. A win is a win. And wow. What a win! 

See. I told y'all ya' had nuthin' ta' worry 'bout! Well.......Actually I didn't say that at all. But with the season we've had thus far, I was in no worry that we can hang with the big boys. So happy we beat Rat Boy and the Bears!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I like Mik, really do and he played well tonight. He just makes too much, and this was his first good game in quite a while. The criticism on him has been warranted in the last 10-15 games.

But you are always going to have players that slump and who aren't on the most efficient contracts either. Constructive criticism is fine. But what ppl have been saying is anything but constructive criticism. He has turned into a punching bag. Just wise cracks and garbage has been flung his way. Like he is Andrew Ebbet or the Leafs David Clarkson. As if he's been costing us games. 

• Cheers 2

Was at the game (was at the Columbus game as well so feeling lucky), Canucks were the best team and most unlucky team. Glad they stuck with it and got'er done! They really picked it up with 10 mins left and the building woke up.

Despite the above, players still look a little tired after a tough three weeks of games. Hopefully they can keep getting some points until the schedule eases up a bit.

Big Z made an impact. Miller was noticable all game long and all over the ice. Great game!

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Kragar said:

It was nice to see Pasta make some weak plays in the 2nd, worrying about getting hit after taking a couple big ones on the 1st.

May the Canucks perpetually plaster the pestilential pasta boy into purgatory!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Exactly this.  If Mik made half of what he makes, it'd all be fine.  The fact is he makes $4.75m but is really a bottom 6 player.  That's where the problem lies.

He played on the top line for 2 years. And very few people trashed him for all that time.  He's not a bottom 6 freaking player just because he slumped. We missed him when he was injured the first time. And we won more games when he got back. He's a second and third line 2 way winger. And can play a third wheel on a top line. 

Nobody had a problem with him in the top 6 for the first few months of the season.

Just now, Blue said:

He played on the top line for 2 years. And very few people trashed him for all that time.  He's not a bottom 6 freaking player just because he slumped. We missed him when he was injured the first time. And we won more games when he got back. He's a second and third line 2 way winger. And can play a third wheel on a top line. 

Nobody had a problem with him in the top 6 for the first few months of the season.

Because he was producing.  If any top 6 guy being paid nearly $5m and only has 1 goal in nearly 3 months, it's gonna be a major problem.

3 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Is it just me or did that almost feel as big Burrows OT winner against Chicago?

Well I think it’s because the fans are more affected by the Bruins than the actual team is. They stole that 2011 cup from us and that’s hard to forget. In this win you could tell the fans just loved it. Team of course as well but the fans have more history with the Bruins than the actual team does.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim Tim said:

I’m on the “if petey still wants 12 mil a year after disappearing late in the season, trade him for a huge package including top picks and top prospects” train 

I wonder if we could still compete this year without him

I'm happy to trust this mngmt group with the decisions 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Last year's injury is clearly having an impact. Expect him to be better come playoffs and definitely next year with a full summer of training (if still on the team)

• Cheers 1