[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

6 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Is it just me or did that almost feel as big Burrows OT winner against Chicago?

Not just you.... take a look at the Canucks bench....

Guess it was the way they came back and fully deservedly beat the Bruins and their hot goalie. 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

But you are always going to have players that slump and who aren't on the most efficient contracts either. Constructive criticism is fine. But what ppl have been saying is anything but constructive criticism. He has turned into a punching bag. Just wise cracks and garbage has been flung his way. Like he is Andrew Ebbet or the Leafs David Clarkson. As if he's been costing us games. 

Yes, I do agree some people are going overboard, but I also can't blame them for getting fed up. The guy is making near $5m a year and hasn't scored in 28 games, which is 34% of a season. He's only got  8 points in that span, this is getting to be more than a slump. He's not costing us games, but he hasn't been helping us win games either.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

He played on the top line for 2 years. And very few people trashed him for all that time.  He's not a bottom 6 freaking player just because he slumped. We missed him when he was injured the first time. And we won more games when he got back. He's a second and third line 2 way winger. And can play a third wheel on a top line. 

Nobody had a problem with him in the top 6 for the first few months of the season.

You keep pointing out that Mik has played in the top 6 the last 2 years, which yes he has. But statistically, and for his whole career he has been a 3rd liner, and that is what he is. He can move up to a 2nd line as a fill in, but he's not consistent enough to be a true top 6. He's very much a Jannik Hansen type, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being that type of player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim Tim said:

You lack context. Go see my previous comment in that thread.

Cheers, nothing personal, but lets just celebrate beating the Bruins, especially the way the boys did it....

Maybe leave the Petey bashing (or contract talk) until tomorrow at leaat. 
This team doesn't beat the Bruins with passengers. 

Petey is still only 25....

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

IMAC sounds so different in the post game. lol. His voice is so much deeper if anyone is listening. 

Can't recall if I have. If I crash early and catch the rest of the game, I leave the radio on. So, maybe. Not really knowingly. Usually I'm asleep at that point.

37 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Wow.   Would be so curious to know what we could get for him .

While I do believe PA / JR are trying to sign him and with a legitimate shot at the Cup, in my humble opinion it would take a Godfather type of offer to pry him away from the Canucks before this TDL ... summer will be different ... What would be a Godfather type of offer, well again in my humble opinion something like

Petey

Mik

<pick that isn't a first or a second>

for 

Eriksson Ek

Boldy

Faber

plus a A-prospect

Flame away ... yes 

GO CANUCKS GO! WIN THE CUP!

Edited by Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

While I do believe PA / JR are trying to sign him and with a legitimate shot at the Cup, in my humble opinion it would take a Godfather type of offer to pry him away from the Canucks before this TDL ... summer will be different ... What would be a Godfather type of offer, well again in my humble opinion something like

Petey

Mik

<pick that isn't a first or a second>

for 

Eriksson Ek

Boldy

Faber

plus a A-prospect

Flame away ... yes 

GO CANUCKS GO! WIN THE CUP!

Think message is now out.Or sign or we do have customers asking

• Cheers 1

Went through all 12 pages. Don't do that often. I guess I yearned for more good vibes from our Dragon Slaying type game tonight.

Some peeps mentioning Jerome Iginla and Ryan Kesler in the same breath with our John Tanner Miller. That's damn good company to be associated with to be sure. 

Now all he needs to do one better than either of those guys is hoist Lord Stanley as a Canuck!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, The Brock Star said:

Boeser, Miller, and Zadorov all rightfully stole the show, but TBH I thought Lindholm quietly had a great night tonight. Played really solid hockey, and had a few looks. Just got Swayman’d in the end.

The lineups tonight really give me hope for the future. I love 3 deep lines and Lindholm and Garlund were beuatyfull

Mik got a little chemistry back with petey and Hogz

Suter is still getting better with Millsy and brock but not quite enough.

Bluger on the fourth made PDG and Laffs actually look productive.

By far the best was Boeser and Miller, but could you imaging Joshua playing there instead of suter? I also hope they try Mik with them...

Zad and Myers were the best defense tonight ( yeah I loved Hronek scoring) but Hughes and Hronek are weak on the end of the ice they are supposed to protect.

• Thanks 1