[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

Anyone else concerned with Petterson lack of involvement? 
The guys that got on the board did their part.  (Boeser/Hronek/Miller 3 assists)

The guys that played physical showed up (Miller/Juulsen/Garland)

Petey just kinda floated around all night. Didn’t see anything meaningful from him. Hopefully he’s saving up for the playoffs because right now his play is very lacklustre.

• Confused 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Good come back game by the Canucks. Boeser came in clutch today. Hronek is today’s hero!

Solid games by Miller/Juulsen. 
Lindholm solid again in the faceoff circle.

Only one I wasn’t really impressed with was Petey. Didn’t seem as motivated as everyone else.

One thing I have always said about Brock when this team is snake bitten in a game and is getting opportunities but just can't seem to buy one. Brock is the guy I look to he often is a big factor or the goal scorer in thise situations where a goalie is standing on his head and if feels like he's impenetrable. Brock is the Penetrator. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, greenbean30 said:

You keep pointing out that Mik has played in the top 6 the last 2 years, which yes he has. But statistically, and for his whole career he has been a 3rd liner, and that is what he is. He can move up to a 2nd line as a fill in, but he's not consistent enough to be a true top 6. He's very much a Jannik Hansen type, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being that type of player.

Hansen was better, faster and tougher

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think the proper way to build our playoff team is to be strong down the middle. We have 4 strong centres so why not?  

Miller

Petey

Lindholm

Blueger

We just need to find the right winger combination for each centre. IMO this is the correct way to try for the cup. 

Boston didn’t have an answer for all 4 lines. Neither will anyone else. 

Agreed.  If the Joshua-Blueger-Garland line became our defacto "4th line", we would dominate other teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Well if he refuses to sign what are you proposing?  Military intervention?

I don't think PA/JR will wait for that moment.  If Petey comes out and states he won't be re-signing, then we lose a ton of value in terms of trade.

• Like 1

I think the proper way to build our playoff team is to be strong down the middle. We have 4 strong centres so why not?  

Miller

Petey

Lindholm

Blueger

We just need to find the right winger combination for each centre. IMO this is the correct way to try for the cup. 

Boston didn’t have an answer for all 4 lines. Neither will anyone else. 

Build down the middle is accurate. Just sucks when a few forwards go out with injury. So roster depth that can come in anytime, and adapt to most situations are equally important. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

honestly when we were not generating good chances I found myself missing Kuzmenkos skills

Yet im watching the battle of Alberta and dont think I have heard his name once.

Edit: ok just checked he's not playing. Healthy scratch or injured?

IMG_1089.jpeg

• Cheers 1

Actually I was thinking those wingers would play with Lindholm. Blueger would be the 4C with Bains and Lafferty. 

Good call Petey.  Lindholm might even add an extra dimension to that line as he has a higher offensive upside . If thats your third line you are in good shape matching up with majority of the teams.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, he directly cause the power play in OT by noticing Boston had extra men on ice during their change and fired the puck over to BB6 who was amongst them if memory serves me correctly giving the refs no option by to call the penalty ... for one.

These things are not the same. Not piling on Pete he's absolutely a guy Ive seen fire from. He's a skilled player and smart cookie. Just as being agressive will only get you so far so will skill. it's when the 2 meet thats when the magic happens.  You don't have to be 6'3 215 it can be guys like Garland Hog battling hard and making an elite play. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

29 minutes ago, Darius said:

IMHO that was the best win of the year.  Down by two with around half a period to go, the weight of 4 previous losses hung around their necks, playing one of their nemeses and they pulled it off.

Key players 

-JT

-Brock 

-Zadorov

-Lindholm (several outstanding defensive shifts)

Now for some possible blasphemy for the old school fans.  JT Miller is every bit the leader Trevor Linden was.  At least as talented, at least as tough - all he needs now is the opportunity to lead the team deep into the playoffs.  Linden had 94, and 89 to a certain extent...hopefully JT can create some impactful playoff memories for the franchise during his time here.

Kuz didn’t play in Calgary tonight. Not sure why? Lindholm looking good.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think PA/JR will wait for that moment.  If Petey comes out and states he won't be re-signing, then we lose a ton of value in terms of trade.

Dereliction of duty if they wait.

Have to force Pettersson into shit or get out of our way.

Alvin's taking us to a SC final this year with him, or next year without him, he can go play in Buffalo and watch.

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Good call Petey.  Lindholm might even add an extra dimension to that line as he has a higher offensive upside . If thats your third line you are in good shape matching up with majority of the teams.

Suter           Miller              Boeser

Höglander   Pettersson     Mikheyev 

Joshua        Lindholm        Garland 

Bains           Blueger           Lafferty 

This is what I would go with.  Mikheyev looks regenerated. And Bains is an upgrade on Aman and PDG. 

I hope Tocchet uses these lines when Joshua is back. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2