[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

5 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

He centered a line with two players who most recently were fourth liners, yet they dominated their time on ice. 70% puck control, three high danger chances to none. Not Petey's fault that Mik can't pull the trigger on a perfect setup. It was Petey's high hockey IQ, realizing the Bruins had four skaters on the ice in OT, so he threw the pass into the middle of them to force the penalty call that won the game. Petey wasn't great, but he was fine. His face offs we're good, his 200 foot game was on point, people have to let up on the Petey hate, he's going to get his $12-12.5 million either here or elsewhere, hopefully it's here, because as Reach and Sat so correctly noted, if he leaves they won't be able to replace him. He is a Top-10 center in this league and is on pace to finish his second consecutive 100 point season, the Canucks haven't had a player do that in the cap era. Hank and Danny each only had one 100 point season in their careers. Nine of the top ten centers in the league are still with the team that drafted them. You can't sign top centers, they don't make it to free agency, you have to draft them. If you have a high pick, you pray that there is a top center available, because the only way to acquire one is a top five pick and some luck.

There was 2-3 clear chances Mik should have scored the last game, and a couple the game before. The guy is skating in a fog, and he can't shoot.

• Wiener 4

35 minutes ago, Thrago said:

I expected the streak to go to 7 games, glad they stopped at 4, Canucks really battled hard, was a great game to watch.

Let's hope they keep it up. I know some people here want to think people here are negative. But it's only because the team still have something to prove to the more skeptical fanbase. 

But this win was the step in the right direction and a nice sigh of relief. 

• Cheers 1

Great to win another game, team looked thrilled. Good on the Canucks to bring back the Green Men, gave the game that playoff feel, although, these aren't the Bruins I remember. I was at the game.

BOS had control of the first 2 periods, but then their offense disappeared and the Canucks crept back into it. Great to get the 2 points and to see EDM lose again.

13 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Can we keep the green guys around? That was some good luck charm shit tonight!!!!

Meh, their time is past. Fun to see them once in awhile for a game like this, but the novelty factor of them is very thin now. Plus….were they really a good luck charm back in 2011? I seem to remember us losing to Boston 🤔

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

Meh, their time is past. Fun to see them once in awhile for a game like this, but the novelty factor of them is very thin now. Plus….were they really a good luck charm back in 2011? I seem to remember us losing to Boston 🤔

I LOVE them and would like them to be there.  Throw Crazy P out and let these guys take over.

Quiet, hilarious antics. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I LOVE them and would like them to be there.  Throw Crazy P out and let these guys take over.

Quiet, hilarious antics. 

Fair enough. I just feel like this is a new team, new core, time for their own traditions to develop, but if others still love them, it’s all good. Is crazy P like Crazy George who used to be at the Lions games? Now there’s a blast from the past.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

It's a bit funny.

A few armchair chicken littles are pouncing on any reason to predict our downfall around here, so it was nice to see the team put a cork in that.

It's not going to be easy, but who ever thought it would be? 

We're going for the fricking Cup!

Buckle up. 

it's a sad defense mechanism, reject your team before they can hurt you again. 

canucks fans are like incels. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1