[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

haha

A  loud minority might be but lets not use a big paint brush.

its funny, there's some folks that love to use "toxic" etc to describe "Canucks fans" or "the fan base". Did you hear that building last night? did that sound "toxic"?

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

haha

A  loud minority might be but lets not use a big paint brush.

I'm using an airless sprayer; the ones who don't want to be painted know how to step out of the way. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Bob Long said:

its funny, there's some folks that love to use "toxic" etc to describe "Canucks fans" or "the fan base". Did you hear that building last night? did that sound "toxic"?

It was awesome..

Poor nucks fans had to sit there beside the gloating enemy interlopers for a lot of the game.

Then we came back, and the top blew off... was great to hear. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Fair enough. I just feel like this is a new team, new core, time for their own traditions to develop, but if others still love them, it’s all good. Is crazy P like Crazy George who used to be at the Lions games? Now there’s a blast from the past.

Yes, but I loved George. It was different...he wasn't so IN YOUR FACE. Maybe it was the set up that didn't make him so glaring.

P does get the crowd going...but standing on the stairs next to people trying to actually WATCH the game, his face red/veins bulging as he yells at us and bangs his drum? I find him SO annoying when he's up close and personal. In another section? Sure, go for it. But please don't interfere...blend in more.

And he does a 7 Nation Army thing that, for me, is so lame. 

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

The Sedins had two careers.   One as reliable first line players, who eventually lost their speed and a supporting cast, the other half learning how to emerge into first line players.   It's part of the reason those who've followed the team since they were drafted,  know just how hard it is to find guys like Miller and EP. 

As for Miller, 99 is awfully close.    Without checking, Bure twice (also scored 60 or so goals each time), then Mogilny, Naslund once (also just missed out on the Art Ross to Forsberg, was actually ahead all year, came down to the final couple games), then Hank (114?) then Daniel.    Bure's goal scoring records seem safe.   Hanks single season for sure is something either Miller or EP could challenge though.     Funny thing ... pretty sure we have more 100 point plus guys then TO's had.   Sittler?  Gilmour for sure.   Don't think Sundin ever did it there (did it with the Nords though)... Even pre-cap, these guys didn't grow on trees. 

Edit:  Checked.  TO Sittler had two in the 70's, and Gilmour had two in the 90's just as the dead puck era was creeping in.  92-93, 93-94, 127 points as their high bar.   Remember Cherry gushing over him all the time, and felt he was the best player in the game back then.    That was the only TO team that I liked, Clark was a beauty.   It was nice to dispose of them in 94,  also a testament, to how good the Canucks were.    Barely put up a fight compared to CAL.   Also,  the 92-93 Leafs/LA series, was one of the best i've watched.    Mathews has one (so far) too,  giving them 5 total.    Love that we've got them beat.    And looking to add to that as well.  

Gilmour was one of the best two-way players at that time. But another reason why Cherry loved the guy so much is, they're both born in Kingston Ont. 

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love that Marchand was completely irrelevant last night.

It was a small play but when our boy Miller stood him up, open ice, and separtated the puck, while we were on the pk.... it just seemed to set the tone.

Not tonight rat. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yes, but I loved George. It was different...he wasn't so IN YOUR FACE. Maybe it was the set up that didn't make him so glaring.

P does get the crowd going...but standing on the stairs next to people trying to actually WATCH the game, his face red/veins bulging as he yells at us and bangs his drum? I find him SO annoying when he's up close and personal. In another section? Sure, go for it. But please don't interfere...blend in more.

And he does a 7 Nation Army thing that, for me, is so lame. 

Ahhhh, not in Vancouver, so don’t get to see live games enough. Had no idea about Crazy P, and I hate the 7 Nation Army thing too, lol. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

Ahhhh, not in Vancouver, so don’t get to see live games enough. Had no idea about Crazy P, and I hate the 7 Nation Army thing too, lol. 

I honestly cringe when I see him coming up the stairs and park it near us. In between whistles? Sure. When the game starts, get the heck out of the way!

The canned noise thing is needed at times. But he's just way too over the top for me.

14 hours ago, van_can_fan said:

Hard to make the case for him being worth more than twice as much as Brock... at least tonight

Yep. If JT, Huggy, and Demko are our best players, I don’t see how streaky Petey gets $12 million. JT can take over a game and carry the team on his back. Can Petey do that?

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, 4petesake said:

McNogoals  gets flattened, 1/8 on faceoffs and -2 in a loss.

Can’t ask for much more on a Saturday night!

The oilers looked like they were wearing depends or something. Worst pants ever! CANUCKS BRING THE BLACK SKATE!

• Cheers 1

That wasn't weak west coast hippie hockey at all.

Exactly the type of statement game they needed to make at the right time. They needed it. The fans needed it. 

It was important that we had that type of game as the #1 team in the league for the past few months.

It just needed to happen and it did.

Proud of this team.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Why do local Bruins fans all look like they marry their cousins ?

The Hockey Guy looks normal. I just can't figure out his love of the Dallas Stars. Just because it was the Minnesota North Stars doesn't mean any loyalty should shift to the new city. I don't see people in Winnipeg cheering Arizona. Or Quebec City cheering for Colorado.

Hell I don't even like the Canes, for moving from Hartford.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Hockey Guy looks normal. I just can't figure out his love of the Dallas Stars. Just because it was the Minnesota North Stars doesn't mean any loyalty should shift to the new city. I don't see people in Winnipeg cheering Arizona. Or Quebec City cheering for Colorado.

Hell I don't even like the Canes, for moving from Hartford.

But have you seen his cousin?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Great to win another game, team looked thrilled. Good on the Canucks to bring back the Green Men, gave the game that playoff feel, although, these aren't the Bruins I remember. I was at the game.

BOS had control of the first 2 periods, but then their offense disappeared and the Canucks crept back into it. Great to get the 2 points and to see EDM lose again.

Bruins got hammered in the 3rd and it was only a shit hot keeper that kept them in it...

• Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1