[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

18 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Yep. If JT, Huggy, and Demko are our best players, I don’t see how streaky Petey gets $12 million. JT can take over a game and carry the team on his back. Can Petey do that?

I wish someone from the Canucks side or Petterson side would come out and deny that $12 million x 8 offer. Its just a rumor, there is no way Alvin would do that. After the Oel buyout Petey could do the math and realize the core would be gone if he does that.

Demko, Boeser, Hughes, Petey, all our drafts. Then Miller, who we had to give up Horvat to keep. So this is our Core, and to win we need everyone to stay.

The upcoming youth, the Lekkermaki's Bains, Podz, Hogz, Willinagers, Woo. need this core to grow.

Hopefully Petey learned from Horvat that the management will choose the team over a beloved player if the numbers dont match the talent.

Edited by VintageActualCanuckfan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We needed to make that happen yesterday. We had to get that monkey off our backs. In this amazing season, we had to beat the Bruins. If there was any "must win" game, that was it.

Now we can get back down to business and focus on fixing the mistakes in our game.

Big win on many levels.

Biggest win of the season. 

So far.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

I know a guy named Brando who likes Mike.

It's really unfortunate. I'm trying to help the guy but I dunno if I'm even qualified. This guy need a real intervention, lead by a therapist or something.

Well his plans he had with him and Kuzmenko playing together was doomed when he got injured.  He lost the most valuable asset he owned, incredible speed.  We haven't seen Mikheyev's speed yet.  This plan reminds me so much of Bure and Mogilny, they had been friends since their youth but injuries and bad luck, it just was never meant to be.   So much success with Russians but then equally so much bad luck. 

25 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Yep. If JT, Huggy, and Demko are our best players, I don’t see how streaky Petey gets $12 million. JT can take over a game and carry the team on his back. Can Petey do that?

He wants 12, then it will be with someone else. Alvin and Ruth want him back but not at the cost of degrading other essential parts of the line up.

For me; 10mil is absolute max..

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Bruins got hammered in the 3rd and it was only a shit hot keeper that kept them in it...

The real chances the canucks had far outweigh Boston and more important, All 4 lines were getting chances. Our best d-pair looked worse than our other two. I think Myers is owed alot of forgiveness, and Juuls is becoming the GOAT instead of the Donkey. Big Z, I dont care how many penalties you take keep on it because every hit, every goal forgives your Penalty, and the rest of your team will cover for you with thier lives

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Come playoffs time, Juulsens and Z's bone crushing hits are going to determine the out come of a 7 games series... at to that Soucy, Myers, Miller and Joshua, and suddenly it looks punishing...

I just want Soucy to be healthy. It’s one of the issues throughout his career is that he has these long injuries. Might be because he puts his body on the line by blocking shots but man would it be nice for him to be healthy  the rest of the year when he gets back.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love that everyone's buying in with Miller now. For sh & giggles I went back to the old forum to when everyone had daggers out and wanted to trade him for a pair of socks and a mouthguard.

He's always shown a side of him that is on the edge and sometimes that doesn't look pretty. But the majority of the time...that doesn't look pretty to the other team and that's exactly what we needed. 

It was quite a trip down memory lane.

(And why is that site STILL going?) LOL

I have always loved Miller I just got frustrated because at times you knew he had more in him. I also had a hard time hearing him smack his stick, yelling at teammates and swearing every few seconds. He has that ability to take over a game and at times he didn’t do that and gave up silly backhanders that would get picked off. Lazy efforts at times. I think the best thing that happened to him was Tochett. Someone who holds him accountable and told him to cut that crap out of his game. This year he’s holding himself to a higher standard and having a coach who has been there and is somewhat similar in personality has done wonders for him. He’s way harder on the puck and he’s leading by example in every category so kudos to him for taking that next step. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

This was a measuring game. One in which we needed to make a statement. Especially being at the top of the league. 

It was important for players and fans to get that win and reassert ourselves. 

Now we can really move forward with confidence. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

9 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Still failing to acknowledge the fact the player made it clear he will negotiate at end of season not now.

No real update, just conjecture on the subject and stirring the pot. 

The only noise around Pettersson is a segment of the fanbase assuming he is holding out for a record payday while playing below his standard of play. These same critics suggesting he will not be a valuable member of the club come Playoff time. Which I'm sorry is complete bullshit.

Completely agree...nothing has changed since the beggining of the year. Stated he wants to wait until the end of the year and just focus on hockey. 

He's on pace for another 100 point season and his first playoff expierence in Vancouver. 

The Media knows fans in Vancouver are intense, supportive, emotional and crave updates...nothing new to report on Petterson so they start speculating and throwing out what he could be be worth if traded. You could do the same thing for every player on an expiring contract (RFA.UFA)

It'll get done in the off season and if it doesn't we can worry about what he's worth then. Until then, just enjoy the ride and get ready for some exciting playoff hockey.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Completely agree...nothing has changed since the beggining of the year. Stated he wants to wait until the end of the year and just focus on hockey. 

He's on pace for another 100 point season and his first playoff expierence in Vancouver. 

The Media knows fans in Vancouver are intense, supportive, emotional and crave updates...nothing new to report on Petterson so they start speculating and throwing out what he could be be worth if traded. You could do the same thing for every player on an expiring contract (RFA.UFA)

It'll get done in the off season and if it doesn't we can worry about what he's worth then. Until then, just enjoy the ride and get ready for some exciting playoff hockey.  

I don’t mind that he is waiting in all honesty, I think if anything it has actually helped management because if his inconsistency so far. It might have hurt him in the end. Buckling under pressure is a big risk and right now there has been pressure and he has struggled. I say it might have helped us in the end.

• Like 1