[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

14 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

It's nice to be open with the media but sometimes I think he reveals too much. I wouldn't be surprised if coaches around the league take notes, and not just for how to play us. 

33 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love that everyone's buying in with Miller now. For sh's & giggles I went back to the old forum (for another reason). And came across a time when everyone but a handful of us had daggers out and wanted to trade him for a pair of socks and a mouthguard.

He was toxic.

Would ruin the team.

Keep Bo over him.

He was lazy, greedy, out of shape....would never re-sign here.

He's always shown a side of him that is on the edge and sometimes that doesn't look pretty. But the majority of the time...that doesn't look pretty to the other team and that's exactly what we needed. 

It was quite a trip down memory lane.

(And why is that site STILL going?) LOL

Take this and hit whoever degrades our guy with it. Works every time !!

GHNHvbIWAAAdyAI?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Hmm interesting but how does it explain Don's model (the one brought up in the Canucks talk Sportsnet 650) that the Canucks chances to win the Pacific has dropped from 70+% to 50+% over the last 4 games (before this Boston one)? 

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Suter           Miller              Boeser

Höglander   Pettersson     Mikheyev 

Joshua        Lindholm        Garland 

Bains           Blueger           Lafferty 

This is what I would go with.  Mikheyev looks regenerated. And Bains is an upgrade on Aman and PDG. 

I hope Tocchet uses these lines when Joshua is back. 

If kessel gets signed maybe replace laffey with kessel and see what happens 

33 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love that everyone's buying in with Miller now. For sh's & giggles I went back to the old forum (for another reason). And came across a time when everyone but a handful of us had daggers out and wanted to trade him for a pair of socks and a mouthguard.

He was toxic.

Would ruin the team.

Keep Bo over him.

He was lazy, greedy, out of shape....would never re-sign here.

He's always shown a side of him that is on the edge and sometimes that doesn't look pretty. But the majority of the time...that doesn't look pretty to the other team and that's exactly what we needed. 

It was quite a trip down memory lane.

(And why is that site STILL going?) LOL

I don't think people are going to deny that J.T. Miller turned things around big time, especially compared to the beginning of last season.  He looked bad at that time.  Arguing with teammates and snapping his stick at the goaltender is never a good thing.  Not willing to backcheck is never a good thing.  He really did look toxic back then.  Full credit to him and Tocchet for converting that rage and anger into something far more productive.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Don't know, but now it's back up to 73% after last night.  Just keep getting pts and match their pace, no one can catch them. VGK head to head games x 3 may well decide it. 

Kind of crazy. But I hope this also significantly improves the team's chances in being top of the West. Potentially facing Kings in the first round would be really scary.

Edited by iinatcc

Just now, -dlc- said:

But some people treat every game like a turning point. There will be ebbs and flows....wins and losses. Even strung together. 

I think the thing to remember is that it's a long season and nothing's decided until it's all said and done.

People want to write us off at every possible chance. Will we win the cup? Odds are against us when 32 teams are all vying for the same thing. One team will, that's it. But we could. That's becoming more and more obvious.

I agree about the ebbs and flows. I talk about that all the time. People lose sight of that.

My issue, as you say, is that many people do treat every game as a turning point and not every game is ... it's the very reason I poke fun at it each game with the Family Guy gif ... to highlight the absurdity of it all. Not every game is ... Big game, huge game, big test.

There are big games each season, road  markers and measuring games along the way. It's ok to single those out. This was one of them and I wasn't wrong in pointing that out. 

We needed to see certain things from our team and we did. They got it done.

There were things we needed to from this team as the #1 team.

We had to beat the Bruins. We had to prove that we could and we did. That mattered.

• Cheers 3

I really hope this is just practice because I don't think these lines are right for this team.

sorry...

Edited by Rip The Mesh

42 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I don't think people are going to deny that J.T. Miller turned things around big time, especially compared to the beginning of last season.  He looked bad at that time.  Arguing with teammates and snapping his stick at the goaltender is never a good thing.  Not willing to backcheck is never a good thing.  He really did look toxic back then.  Full credit to him and Tocchet for converting that rage and anger into something far more productive.

The entire team looked (was) bad at that time. But people need a scapegoat and drama.

Don't forget, he had a 99 point season the year before. It's not like this is new success for him.

Last year wasn't this big turning point that some claim it was. He was good before Tocchet. Our d was terrible so don't forget that part or blame JT like he was responsible for stuff. Yes,Tocchet's helped him elevate his game, but he was already damn good. Some just didn't know it (yet). They watched for all the wrong things and not nearly closely enough.  They TMZ'd hockey.

He did get frustrated and hates losing...and sometimes wore that. His lazy backchecks were sometimes just him out of gas....but people didn't see that part because they were waiting for something "toxic"...watching to see more of that. HE SLAMMED HIS STICK OH NO. Like he was the first and last guy to ever do that. lol

You see the puck carrier on TV but not what happens away from the play. Which is often JT battling hard. I go to a lot of games and this is NOT a lazy guy...never was. Deflated at times? Sure. But don't run with everything you're being fed on Twitter. They need "stories" and those ones really sell. If you buy into them.

He gave up on plays every once in awhile and the optics weren't good....but usually he wasn't going to get back into the play anyhow. Looks valiant to charge back but that's energy that is wasted too. Conserve that energy...get to the bench and let someone fresh come out. He's a smart guy.

Toxic was a word for those who don't understand intensity and passion in sports. Rage? It's for those looking for soap opera drama and that ripple of a story turned into a tsunami. Ridiculous. 

Thank God the team didn't buy into it.

Seen Huggy smashing his stick on the bench this year? I love it...we needed more JT energy not less of it. Guys who are f'n ticked off when things aren't going right. Rather than quiet acceptance.

• MillerTime 4

26 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Yeah. My take at the time was that he reminded me a lot like Kesler.  Exactly who you want to go to war with on a winning / playoff team but a tough attitude to live with on a losing one.  

I think most were also on board with a retool around Petey and Hughes, so trading him made sense from an age/ timeline perspective - not to mention he’s a great player so would have commanded a top tier return.

I was one of the most positive people around the talent level of the team, but even I’m surprised at the level we hit this year. It’s been great. But as good as this year has been, that’s how bad the start of last year was.  It was an embarrassment on every level. 

41 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Need to remember that Canucks have played more games than every other team in the league. Edmonton is going into the toughest segment of their schedule. They have multiple stretches with little time off. I think they have 5 or 6, 3 games in 4 nights through the balance of their schedule. 

Edmonton is only starting to deal with exhaustion factor and as a result, they are stumbling again. I won't be surprised if they either miss the playoffs or just squeeze into a wildcard spot.

12 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Yeah. My take at the time was that he reminded me a lot like Kesler.  Exactly who you want to go to war with on a winning / playoff team but a tough attitude to live with on a losing one.  

I think most were also on board with a retool around Petey and Hughes, so trading him made sense from an age/ timeline perspective - not to mention he’s a great player so would have commanded a top tier return.

I was one of the most positive people around the talent level of the team, but even I’m surprised at the level we hit this year. It’s been great. But as good as this year has been, that’s how bad the start of last year was.  It was an embarrassment on every level. 

The team loved Kes from what I got...at least most of them. 

Again, that on ice "toxicity" is passion and intensity for those seeing it for what it is. Guys who hate losing. Competitiveness. 

As Miller has explained, when you play on that edge you can't just shut it on/off. It's a fine line to dance on.

Like Miller, Kes was a joker behind the scenes. A guy who had a lot of fun with his teammates and often used sarcasm as part of that. 

Everyone should be a miserable SOB when losing...anyone who's not doesn't care enough in my books.

Nice guys finish last.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

The team loved Kes. 

Again, that on ice "toxicity" (passion and intensity is what I see) isn't always all you get with players.

Like Miller, Kes was a joker behind the scenes. A guy who had a lot of fun with his teammates. 

Everyone should be miserable when you're losing...anyone who's not doesn't care enough.

True, but the  other side of that story is that Kes bailed on the team when the going got tough after 2013.  Miller, on the other hand, stayed the course during some mind-bogglingly bad years and even signed up for more at a discount rate.  That on top of being a better all-round player than Kes to begin with.  J.T. has never been the kind of heel Kesler was, even though we forgive Kes for it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I really hope this is just practice because I don't think these lines are right for this team.

sorry...

Wasn't this yesterday's Lines...?

12 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

True, but the  other side of that story is that Kes bailed on the team when the going got tough after 2013.  Miller, on the other hand, stayed the course during some mind-bogglingly bad years and even signed up for more at a discount rate.  That on top of being a better all-round player than Kes to begin with.  J.T. has never been the kind of heel Kesler was, even though we forgive Kes for it.

So true, yes.

Love Tocchet, know the impact he's had. Bruce was the right guy to come in and play cheerleader. Believe in the team and get them believing in themselves. That only went so far though. Funny how "toxic" JT was the one guy who stayed on the bench beside Bruce that last game.  Spoke volumes for me. True character shining through. 

JT's a villain

Tocchet's the saviour/hero

The drama/soap opera element.

I just know that it's more complex than what it looks like at surface level. Again...going to games and watching how everyone interacts, seeing the behind the play stuff. You get a better picture than a few keystrokes on Twitter can give you. JT bad.

• Vintage 1