[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

Anyhow....this was a positive thing (seeing that people are finally getting to appreciate JT).

But some still have to somehow make him out to be something he's not. Nor ever was.

"Toxic". Those takes are toxic and we need to learn not to do that about our players. They get enough heat from others.

• Like 4

Just now, Devron said:

I love how happy and passionate the team was. You can tell the losing streak was eating them up. 

It really could have snowballed and gotten away from them. For me, it shows when they start gripping the sticks too tight and playing tentative. 

They had such a good rhythm going right before the break...was a shame that was interrupted. I'm SO glad they regrouped and took it back last night.

• Like 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

So true, yes.

Love Tocchet, know the impact he's had. Bruce was the right guy to come in and play cheerleader. Believe in the team and get them believing in themselves. That only went so far though. Funny how "toxic" JT was the one guy who stayed on the bench beside Bruce that last game.  Spoke volumes for me. True character shining through. 

JT's a villain

Tocchet the saviour/hero

The drama element.

I just know that it's more complex than what it looks like at surface level. Again...going to games and watching how everyone interacts, seeing the behind the play stuff. You get a better picture than a few keystrokes on Twitter can give you. JT bad.

We've always agreed about Miller, so yes, absolutely.

Going to games definitely gives another perspective.  I never would have believed how important Tanev was in the room until I saw him in action on the bench, talking to guys, explaining things, bucking them up. 

34 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The entire team looked (was) bad at that time. But people need a scapegoat and drama.

Don't forget, he had a 99 point season the year before. It's not like this is new success for him.

Last year wasn't this big turning point that some claim it was. He was good before Tocchet. Our d was terrible so don't forget that part or blame JT like he was responsible for stuff. Yes,Tocchet's helped him elevate his game, but he was already damn good. Some just didn't know it (yet). They watched for all the wrong things and not nearly closely enough.  They TMZ'd hockey.

He did get frustrated and hates losing...and sometimes wore that. His lazy backchecks were sometimes just him out of gas....but people didn't see that part because they were waiting for something "toxic"...watching to see more of that. HE SLAMMED HIS STICK OH NO. Like he was the first and last guy to ever do that. lol

You see the puck carrier on TV but not what happens away from the play. Which is often JT battling hard. I go to a lot of games and this is NOT a lazy guy...never was. Deflated at times? Sure. But don't run with everything you're being fed on Twitter. They need "stories" and those ones really sell. If you buy into them.

He gave up on plays every once in awhile and the optics weren't good....but usually he wasn't going to get back into the play anyhow. Looks valiant to charge back but that's energy that is wasted too. Conserve that energy...get to the bench and let someone fresh come out. He's a smart guy.

Toxic was a word for those who don't understand intensity and passion in sports. Rage? It's for those looking for soap opera drama and that ripple of a story turned into a tsunami. Ridiculous. 

Thank God the team didn't buy into it.

Seen Huggy smashing his stick on the bench this year? I love it...we needed more JT energy not less of it. Guys who are f'n ticked off when things aren't going right. Rather than quiet acceptance.

Boeser is the best partner for Miller for this reason. Brock knows when to calm things down and JT knows when to fire things up. Now, if they continued with Bains on that line, or when Dak comes back, wow, they are the best line.

Lindholm on the 3rd with Garly shows that they can do without Joshua..... Suter would work in that line.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I love that everyone's buying in with Miller now. For sh's & giggles I went back to the old forum (for another reason). And came across a time when everyone but a handful of us had daggers out and wanted to trade him for a pair of socks and a mouthguard.

He was toxic.

Would ruin the team.

Keep Bo over him.

He was lazy, greedy, out of shape....would never re-sign here.

He's always shown a side of him that is on the edge and sometimes that doesn't look pretty. But the majority of the time...that doesn't look pretty to the other team and that's exactly what we needed. 

It was quite a trip down memory lane.

(And why is that site STILL going?) LOL

I wanted him to be the captain, and if only he'd controlled his reactions, he probably would be.  I have no problem with Hughes, but I prefer JTs style in a captain. 

38 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The entire team looked (was) bad at that time. But people need a scapegoat and drama.

Don't forget, he had a 99 point season the year before. It's not like this is new success for him.

Last year wasn't this big turning point that some claim it was. He was good before Tocchet. Our d was terrible so don't forget that part or blame JT like he was responsible for stuff. Yes,Tocchet's helped him elevate his game, but he was already damn good. Some just didn't know it (yet). They watched for all the wrong things and not nearly closely enough.  They TMZ'd hockey.

He did get frustrated and hates losing...and sometimes wore that. His lazy backchecks were sometimes just him out of gas....but people didn't see that part because they were waiting for something "toxic"...watching to see more of that. HE SLAMMED HIS STICK OH NO. Like he was the first and last guy to ever do that. lol

You see the puck carrier on TV but not what happens away from the play. Which is often JT battling hard. I go to a lot of games and this is NOT a lazy guy...never was. Deflated at times? Sure. But don't run with everything you're being fed on Twitter. They need "stories" and those ones really sell. If you buy into them.

He gave up on plays every once in awhile and the optics weren't good....but usually he wasn't going to get back into the play anyhow. Looks valiant to charge back but that's energy that is wasted too. Conserve that energy...get to the bench and let someone fresh come out. He's a smart guy.

Toxic was a word for those who don't understand intensity and passion in sports. Rage? It's for those looking for soap opera drama and that ripple of a story turned into a tsunami. Ridiculous. 

Thank God the team didn't buy into it.

Seen Huggy smashing his stick on the bench this year? I love it...we needed more JT energy not less of it. Guys who are f'n ticked off when things aren't going right. Rather than quiet acceptance.

It really isn't a criticism to suggest J.T. Miller has matured greatly over the past 16 months.  He has affirmed his role on this team as an emotional leader who can now be relied upon when things aren't going well.  He doesn't get to where he is right now... by making excuses about his poor play in the past.  And right now I feel you're trying to do just that - make excuses about his poor play in the past.  When you're the most emotional player on the team, you're going to cause drama, good or bad.  And last year... yes.  He bears responsibility as a leader for the discord among players.

You're trying to deny he was immature, suggesting he was gassed, or that everyone was upset, or that it was just media bias.  No way.  He really sucked, and his attitude was only making it worse.  But he was held accountable for his behaviour, and he turned it around.  This isn't the same J.T. Miller we're seeing now compared to before, and suggesting he is takes away credit for all the hard work he's put in to improve himself.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

That was a great measuring game last night. We finally got that monkey off our backs. It really showed our character.

I was really hoping we could have taken the second game against the Flyers like we did with the Bruins. Really wanted that one too but we did beat the Bruins and that was important this season since we're doing so well 

At least we can chirp back now on Bruins fans. 

• Cheers 2

Can't stress enough what a big deal this game was....for over 50 minutes, the Bruins stifled the Canucks' offense and it looked like a lock that they  were going to suffer their second shutout loss to Boston. They were outshooting the B's but it never really looked like they were going to score and on the few occasions that it did, Swayman was up to the task.

It would have been easy to fold, but they kept at it, dominated the 3rd period chances and finally broke through. Huge win.

It would have been nice to see Petey's line a bit more involved, but one thing at a time.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It really isn't a criticism to suggest J.T. Miller has matured greatly over the past 16 months.  He has affirmed his role on this team as an emotional leader who can now be relied upon when things aren't going well.  He doesn't get to where he is right now... by making excuses about his poor play in the past.  And right now I feel you're trying to do just that - make excuses about his poor play in the past. 

You're trying to deny he was immature, suggesting he was gassed, or that everyone was upset, or that it was just media bias.  No way.  He really sucked, and his attitude was only making it worse.  But he was held accountable for his behaviour, and he turned it around.  This isn't the same J.T. Miller we're seeing now compared to before, and suggesting he is takes away credit for all the hard work he's put in to improve himself.

Jt Never sucked. The process sucked, it sucked that he was the shutdown guy always but had no defensive support.

His Plus/minus wasnt that bad considering there was AHL level goaltenders. Wasnt he in on almost every Horvat point?

The whole team has improved.

If thats the only way you can give JT some credit now, its not because he found jesus or something. (maybe that day still coming lol)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

8 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It really isn't a criticism to suggest J.T. Miller has matured greatly over the past 16 months.  He has affirmed his role on this team as an emotional leader who can now be relied upon when things aren't going well.  He doesn't get to where he is right now... by making excuses about his poor play in the past.  And right now I feel you're trying to do just that - make excuses about his poor play in the past.  When you're the most emotional player on the team, you're going to cause drama, good or bad.  And last year... yes.  He bears responsibility as a leader for the discord among players.

sorry but I have not seen JT miller suck as a player once since being with Vancouver 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 2

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Huge shoutout to Teddy Blueger, who just demonstrated that he can excel in an energy 3rd line alongside Dak and Garland, but ALSO drop down and be an elite, effective shutdown, pesky 4C for the big matchups. That was a terrific game from him in all 3 zones. 

He is an excellent bottom 6 guy.  Hope he can be re-signed for under $3m.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1