[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Marcus Pettersson and/or Reilly Smith? There's also Nic Seeler 

Pettersson I could see since it solves a need for us next season.

Smith I’m not really sure moves the needle much for us since he’s having kind of an average season. Would be kind of a lateral move if we shipped Mikheyev out.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Excellent interview! Been waiting for this one. This kid is such a gamer, so dialed in. You can tell Tocchet loves his game. I'm glad to see they know Bains can handle the game at this level and have confidence in him.

His comments about Miller are interesting and revealing. Not once did he use the word "toxic". 😉

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Didn’t they just sign him?

Not sure we’d be willing to commit that long term to another D.

Cost controlled top 4 at $4.5m would be pretty good.  Has size too at 6'5" 220lbs.

Just now, HKSR said:

Cost controlled top 4 at $4.5m would be pretty good.  Has size too at 6'5" 220lbs.

Maybe but I’m not sure he’d be the target. Can’t see us going after anyone with term now until our cap is more sorted. Unless of course Mikheyev is going out which I guess is possible.

We sure they’re not scouting the Flyers? They’re the ones rumoured to be dangling players.

Walker?

Seeler?

Laughton?

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Huge shoutout to Teddy Blueger, who just demonstrated that he can excel in an energy 3rd line alongside Dak and Garland, but ALSO drop down and be an elite, effective shutdown, pesky 4C for the big matchups. That was a terrific game from him in all 3 zones. 

Our 4th line is not looking like a demotion anyways, these days. I love the changeup to the lines. I think all 4 lines can play equal minutes against any line when we get Joshua back. Bains and Joshua look interchangable between the Miller/Boeser line and the Lindholm/Garlund lines. Mik actually looks better with Petty/Hogz.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Maybe but I’m not sure he’d be the target. Can’t see us going after anyone with term now until our cap is more sorted. Unless of course Mikheyev is going out which I guess is possible.

We sure they’re not scouting the Flyers? They’re the ones rumoured to be dangling players.

Walker?

Seeler?

Laughton?

Could be... mikheyev out and Laughton in would be a significant upgrade. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It's a bit funny.

A few armchair chicken littles are pouncing on any reason to predict our downfall around here, so it was nice to see the team put a cork in that.

It's not going to be easy, but who ever thought it would be? 

We're going for the fricking Cup!

Buckle up. 

Same with Hronek. Noticed that last night. Some people have been waiting to pounce on him, frothing at the mouth, chomping at the bit when he makes a mistake, since they were wrong from the get go. 

And then ... he scores! 

You are right! Buckle up! 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Could be... mikheyev out and Laughton in would be a significant upgrade. 

Laughton is definitely a guy you want to go into the playoffs with.

Not sure why the Flyers would want to part with him unless they think they can get a big overpayment.

Edited by DeNiro

5 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Hahahaha 🤣 

FB_IMG_1708894031628.jpg

I LOVE the green men. They're wild and unpredictable. Much prefer these two to a guy banging a drum in my ear, yelling and pointing during gameplay. Same routine, over and over.

This is much more my style and how I roll. Not sure what that says about me.

429524013_10160782829410549_110894423833

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Inkidu said:

It's nice to be open with the media but sometimes I think he reveals too much. I wouldn't be surprised if coaches around the league take notes, and not just for how to play us. 

What's he giving away? The team remains calm?

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I LOVE the green men. They're wild and unpredictable. Much prefer these two to a guy banging a drum in my ear, yelling and pointing during gameplay. Same routine, over and over.

I'm with you on that one. I really hope they come back more this season and the playoffs. Missed them so much

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Wearing a box of L'eggos was hilarious and a call back to previous years.

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just what the doctor ordered...

We spoke a few times about the importance of winning the game against the Bruins...

It was a fabulous win, and more importantly the way it was achieved....

I still believe, being in a funk made it less important to beat the Bruins. For the simple reason they were in a funk...

If they had won a few on the spin, and lost to the Brunis again, I would have been more concerned, and likely Tocchet and management as well, but being able to rise to the occasion despite being 2-0 down, and having been losing several games on the spin (in various ways), shows immense character and will and that was very impressive... 

This was not luck, but a beating only stopped by a red hot keeper, who under normal circumstances wouldn't have been denied... but sheer will did...

Don't know, where they found the will or strength, but something very good is cooking, and we all have front row seats to witness it...

I respect your opinion on it. I get what you're saying. 

We simply don't agree that it was less important to beat the Bruins. We are/were the #1 team in the league and as such it was even more important to beat the Bruins.

Just think about what the players, fans, and the organization would have been thinking and feeling today had we lost again. That funk could have been a lot more unhealthy, negative, potentially demoralizing, and harder to climb out of and overcome. 

We do agree that the way it was achieved was important. That was not luck.

Today is a good day! Something good is cooking. All good, amigo! 🙂

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We simply don't agree that it was less important to beat the Bruins. We are/were the #1 team in the league and as such it was even more important to beat the Bruins.

Just think about what the players, fans, and the organization would have been thinking and feeling today had we lost again. That funk could have been a lot more unhealthy, negative, potentially demoralizing, and harder to climb out of and overcome. 

Always friend 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I feel that one thing we all have to learn as a fanbase is to not fall apart at every sign of trouble. Weather the storms.

We have good reason to be nervous....the past has created that atmosphere of "uh oh, here we go again". 

But even when the team struggles, we should learn not to trash them so easily. Hang in there with them, get behind them.

They've earned our respect at this point. No matter how things play out...they're a good team and this isn't just a run of easy wins. This has been a sustained thing over 3/4 of a season now. Meaningless in the overall quest for the cup at this point, but means something in how we view them and credit is due for how they're showing up this year.

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1