[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

16 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Just for the record, in 2018, Pettersson's team in the SHL won the league championship, and he was named Golden Boy, playoff MVP. 

His 19 points led all scorers in the playoffs by five points. 

His point total surpassed Daniel and Henrik Sedin's previous record for U20. 

Hmmm... 

And had 18 points in 17 games in the Bubble

Edited by Bure10Kuzmenko96
Typo
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

While it is impressive, there was no crowd, much different ball game strolling into an enemy arena during playoff time. Not taking anything away from it, will be interesting to see how he plays this playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

The bubble playoff is what has me holding out hope that Petey goes into beast mode in the playoffs.  If he does, he's worth $12m+ as I'll assume he elevates his game where it matters most.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Could you imagine a Pettersson for Crosby trade? 😂

New CDC would implode! We’d have to make another one…

Wow yeah well at least we could stop talking about a billion dollers for Petey and nothing to pay our UFA based team. Would be nice to have a star player who plays like a star!

• Wiener 1

57 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Anyhow....this was a positive thing (seeing that people are finally getting to appreciate JT).

But some still have to somehow make him out to be something he's not. Nor ever was.

"Toxic". Those takes are toxic and we need to learn not to do that about our players. They get enough heat from others.

This, thank you for saying that.

The amount of crap people heap on players at times just makes me shake my head. I mean we are Canucks fans, support the players cheer them on. 

All the time in the world for a player that shows raw emotion over any sort of indifference.

Pettersson may in fact not be what a segment of fans here, media included think he is. But the heat on him is near mind boggling. The negativity throughout the fans and media on him is the kind of crap that festers.

He's a highly skilled 200 foot forward he can skate, make dangerous dangles, play power play, kill penalties, win faceoffs. He is taller and slight so he falls at a higher than acceptable rate to some ffs haha.

He will throw the body around, blocks shots. Facts speak and he is a PPG player against top teams. He has single handedly this season picked apart other clubs and potted a ton of game winners. Last night he led rushes made some excellent passes and made a key play in getting the OT power play by his insane hockey IQ.

Oh and continues to be a team leader offensively and when the Canucks played post season games he was leading the team offensively. STOP complaining about him and little crap details about his game, taking what he is for granted.

Mikheyev, he is on pace to have a career year. He is sound defensively and will use his body and his skating is getting stronger. Stone hands? No finish? Like I said he's on pace for a career year. He doesn't hurt the lineup. Could care less what his caphit is. The perceived goals,  assists, points, wins etc stats don't justify these contracts. Mikheyev is a player you win with in the playoffs. 

Maybe lets cheer louder when hes on the ice and support him, be so happy for the guy when he gets that monkey off his back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

The team loved Kes from what I got...at least most of them. 

Again, that on ice "toxicity" is passion and intensity for those seeing it for what it is. Guys who hate losing. Competitiveness. 

As Miller has explained, when you play on that edge you can't just shut it on/off. It's a fine line to dance on.

Like Miller, Kes was a joker behind the scenes. A guy who had a lot of fun with his teammates and often used sarcasm as part of that. 

Everyone should be a miserable SOB when losing...anyone who's not doesn't care enough in my books.

Nice guys finish last.

Sure. I don’t think anything that I said contradicts that.

(I think Kesler actually did the right thing getting out of town as those teams were never going to be good.).

Miller is obviously able to be a part of a huge turnaround and great group this year. I think you can hate losing and still have better body language (and back checking) than he had. Taking too long on shifts and forcing plays.  But if what Rutherford said was true, Miller may have been upset with the coaching as well as the losing - and that’s a tough place to be in.  That would explain his immediate buy-in with Tocchet, too.

In any case, literally everything has come a 180 from last season and incredibly quickly.  So I can also agree it was overblown as far as having any long term effects.

Edited by The Duke
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This, thank you for saying that.

The amount of crap people heap on players at times just makes me shake my head. I mean we are Canucks fans, support the players cheer them on. 

All the time in the world for a player that shows raw emotion over any sort of indifference.

Pettersson may in fact not be what a segment of fans here, media included think he is. But the heat on him is near mind boggling. The negativity throughout the fans and media on him is the kind of crap that festers.

He's a highly skilled 200 foot forward he can skate, make dangerous dangles, play power play, kill penalties, win faceoffs. He is taller and slight so he falls at a higher than acceptable rate to some ffs haha.

He will throw the body around, blocks shots. Facts speak and he is a PPG player against top teams. He has single handedly this season picked apart other clubs and potted a ton of game winners. Last night he led rushes made some excellent passes and made a key play in getting the OT power play by his insane hockey IQ.

Oh and continues to be a team leader offensively and when the Canucks played post season games he was leading the team offensively. STOP complaining about him and little crap details about his game, taking what he is for granted.

Mikheyev, he is on pace to have a career year. He is sound defensively and will use his body and his skating is getting stronger. Stone hands? No finish? Like I said he's on pace for a career year. He doesn't hurt the lineup. Could care less what his caphit is. The perceived goals,  assists, points, wins etc stats don't justify these contracts. Mikheyev is a player you win with in the playoffs. 

Maybe lets cheer louder when hes on the ice and support him, be so happy for the guy when he gets that monkey off his back.

I don't have any issues with Petey's play.  I have an issue if he wants Mackinnon or Matthews dollars.

With Mikheyev, he's actually trending to a pretty average year.  He has 22 games left.  He has 4 points in his last 24 games.  So he's more likely gonna finish around 30 points this year.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

didn't get a chance to play, but hope practicing with the big team will motivate him to keep knocking on that door. 

You can't have enough D depth come playoffs. 

Don’t they get a pretty big pay bump whether they play or not?  (Assuming 2 way contract) Pretty nice atta-boy even if he doesn’t hit the ice. But agree - would be nice if Woo develops into nhl-level depth. Hes only 23.

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I feel that one thing we all have to learn as a fanbase is to not fall apart at every sign of trouble. Weather the storms.

We have good reason to be nervous....the past has created that atmosphere of "uh oh, here we go again". 

But even when the team struggles, we should learn not to trash them so easily. Hang in there with them, get behind them.

They've earned our respect at this point. No matter how things play out...they're a good team and this isn't just a run of easy wins. This has been a sustained thing over 3/4 of a season now. Meaningless in the overall quest for the cup at this point, but means something in how we view them and credit is due for how they're showing up this year.

I agree with you. Weathering the storms has proved a lot of people wrong yet they keep clinging to the same mentality over and over.

The bandwagon jumping is brutal. I mean, it's gotten so bad people can't handle even being scored upon. That's just not how all this works.

Even Tocchet's interview today ... he's teaching the team to be mentally strong, to overcome adversity, and how to handle pressure. We need to be mentally stronger to win anything. It's the exact opposite of how some react and fold so quickly. The key isn't to be weaker. It's to be stronger.

All of this is really an opportunity beyond hockey to confront and get over our fear of disappointment. Also to learn and be stronger. We don't have to cling to the negative. I get it, feel it, and understand it but we can be stronger than that as a fanbase.

I find some have lost the ability to see when things are changing or to recognize the good.

We CAN choose to be better. Especially when the team is better.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
My keyboard is way too small.
  • Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't have any issues with Petey's play.  I have an issue if he wants Mackinnon or Matthews dollars.

With Mikheyev, he's actually trending to a pretty average year.  He has 22 games left.  He has 4 points in his last 24 games.  So he's more likely gonna finish around 30 points this year.

I think there have been some super huge Petterson fans who think he is worth more than he actually is. The numbers so blatently thrown around likely get back to the player, and the agent. Its possible the agent leaks the numbers out too, to say its "not a big deal" to ask for 10 million these days?

I just hope Petterson can be realistic, because management is smart enough to build a winning team for more than just this year.

We need cap space in the years ahead, sure its going up but its not enough to pay a guy like Petterson twice as much as Boeser, for example.

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

But some people treat every game like a turning point. They keep moving the goalposts. It was wait until 10 games in. It's always that the games we win aren't important but only the ones we lose are.

There will be ebbs and flows....wins and losses. Even strung together. 

I think the thing to remember is that it's a long season and nothing's decided until it's all said and done.

Some people want to write us off at every possible chance. Will we win the cup? Odds are against us when 32 teams are all vying for the same thing. One team will, that's it. But we could. That's becoming more and more obvious.

I hate the contenders label. Every damn team that gets into the playoffs is a contender. Top teams could lose top players to injury, slumps, etc. Goaltending matters a whole lot...those who get hot at the right time have a huge advantage. Suspensions...we know how that can impact things. Reffing.

Just stay healthy and get hot and you could go all the way.

It started with "let's hope we can play meaningful games in November.". Then it was $wait till we play good teams".  Now what?  The Canucks record vs good teams is one of the best records in the league.   Absolutely agree with the goalposts being moved by both media and fans.  

18 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

It started with "let's hope we can play meaningful games in November.". Then it was $wait till we play good teams".  Now what?  The Canucks record vs good teams is one of the best records in the league.   Absolutely agree with the goalposts being moved by both media and fans.  

It'll take a Stanley Cup win...

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Need to remember that Canucks have played more games than every other team in the league. Edmonton is going into the toughest segment of their schedule. They have multiple stretches with little time off. I think they have 5 or 6, 3 games in 4 nights through the balance of their schedule. 

Edmonton is only starting to deal with exhaustion factor and as a result, they are stumbling again. I won't be surprised if they either miss the playoffs or just squeeze into a wildcard spot.

That could mean we face them in round 1 if we win the division 

I would prefer not to to be honest 

19 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

1. Fuck the doubters

2. Fuck the Brock haters that kid was the best player all game. His puck retrievals and forecheck was bar none.

3. Which is actually 1. Fuck Boston

Brock skated hard tonight.

Ain't nobody gonna wanna trade him if he puts in effort like that. I hope he snowballs this momentum. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2