[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

18 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Suter           Miller              Boeser

Höglander   Pettersson     Mikheyev 

Joshua        Lindholm        Garland 

Bains           Blueger           Lafferty 

This is what I would go with.  Mikheyev looks regenerated. And Bains is an upgrade on Aman and PDG. 

I hope Tocchet uses these lines when Joshua is back. 

It is difficult for me to see how the heck, Mikheyev as even earned a spot on the top two lines. In practice today, he was on the first line with Pettesson

and Hoglander.  Nope! To me and what my eyes see, he's a third liner. (I recently had my by annual eye check). Looking at his stats with us, I can only

conclude, he is a third line player! Garland or Lafferty, for that matter, have out played him. 

I hope those lines Tocchet had today was just for a practice. Didn't like the configuration whatsoever...........................https://www.nhl.com/canucks/stats

Edited by Rip The Mesh

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

BIG TEST

BIG GAME

BIG MEASURING DI.. STICK

EBB FLOW

UP DOWN

IN OUT 

LEFT RIGHT

OVER UNDER

ABSURD 

ABSURD

ABSURD

FUN

FUN

FUN

POKE

LOSE

LOSE

GET'ER DONE

gioated-family-guy.gif

Sorry couldn't resist ripping this off of your idea for a minute @Dr. Crossbar

Don't ever stop doing those during g GDT, one of the things I look for when reading the GDT'.

Hahahaha ... nice one! Love it!

I know how much you were frothing at the mouth, rocking back and forth, babbling to do this. 😉

• Haha 2

I think we have the perfect hot/cold duo in Captains. Hughes is the calm, cool, and collected one. Miller is the let’s go, hot, and rowdy one. Both are helpful in different situations. One thing is for sure, the quality in character & composure is found throughout the line up.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mc1laren said:

Bostonfanforlife82 

Like that annoying guy behind you criticizing every play and every player. Had one of those yesterday. Shoot the puck! Bro, there’s like 7 players in front of him 🙄

• Cheers 1

Love the win but must confess. I felt for most of the game the bruins did a better job defensively, especially boxing out the crease. I think we need more size up front, even with Joshua returning. Here's hoping the GM will pick up at least one more piece by the deadline. Perhaps we can move Mik and Suter and add one big MFing dude...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's he giving away? The team remains calm?

Strategy, how the team adapts to specific situations, set plays and their variations. Also how to communicate these and other things (including attitude) effectively so that players take it the right way. 

I think the Oilers took more than a page from his approach when they changed coaches. After that they played more like us, as have the Rangers since we schooled them back east. 

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

I'll say the quiet part out loud:

JT is the actual captain of the Canucks. For all intents and purposes.

In fact he was the obvious leader of the team not long after he arrived. It was soon obvious that he was usurping Horvat without even trying to.  I was an early supporter of him over Horvat staying. Bruce Boudreau said as much, calling JT "a" captain of the team. A true leader of the team. His passion on the ice is what we needed. I was laughing at those who were wringing their hands about his "behaviour".  My gawd.....we have a player on our team who loses it sometimes! who gets mad at himself and the team for not playing well!  He even....gawd forbid.....gets mad at his teammates sometimes!!!!   Shocking.  Because we are just not used to that kind of player here. Especially not in a leader of the team with our long history of nice guys captains.  But its just what we needed. What Petey and Hughes and other younger players needed to see. Passion and determination from a veteran.

And when Horvat left, they gave the C to Hughes. Even though Miller was then, and has never not been, the actual captain.  Not that I don't understand and agree with the decision.  Hughes is obviously much younger.  It also shows him how much the team is committed to him staying which is important. And in a few years, perhaps Miller's play will degrade, and he won't have as much cache with the rest of the team..theoretically.  While Hughes should be a premier player for maybe another decade.  I get all the reasons.

But as for today.......nudge nudge wink wink......we all know who the actual captain of the team is, even Quinn I'd bet.

No need for drama. It is what it is. It is working.  Miller accepts his A with honour and doesn't even think about it. And I don't either. :classic_ninja:

My 5 cents. The way I see it- JT is the true leader of the team. The player who, when the going gets tough , makes a play, score some goals, makes hits, fights, etc.

The great captain is the player, who is , in addition to all leadership abilities, has the whole bunch of different skills- able to talk to people as a group or individually, can talk to management on behalf of the team or individual players, good with media, etc. Captain- is not only about "ra-ra " speeches', but everyday staff. Captain is a guy, who a payer wants to talk first , if he is experiencing issues, problems in life, etc.

From outside looking in, I think Quinn has a great potention to became one of the legendary captains on NHL.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

My 5 cents. The way I see it- JT is the true leader of the team. The player who, when the going gets tough , makes a play, score some goals, makes hits, fights, etc.

The great captain is the player, who is , in addition to all leadership abilities, has the whole bunch of different skills- able to talk to people as a group or individually, can talk to management on behalf of the team or individual players, good with media, etc. Captain- is not only about "ra-ra " speeches', but everyday staff. Captain is a guy, who a payer wants to talk first , if he is experiencing issues, problems in life, etc.

From outside looking in, I think Quinn has a great potention to became one of the legendary captains on NHL.

Hard to argue with the results of naming Hughes captain.   Guys like Miller, Garland, Joshua, Zadorov, maybe Cole… those are the emotional leaders on the team.  I’d throw Myers in there as well.  

We’re fortunate to have such a deep leadership group - amazing job by coaches and management.  But Hughes as captain? Perfect choice.

• Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 2

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

It is difficult for me to see how the heck, Mikheyev as even earned a spot on the top two lines. In practice today, he was on the first line with Pettesson

and Hoglander.  Nope! To me and what my eyes see, he's a third liner. (I recently had my by annual eye check). Looking at his stats with us, I can only

conclude, he is a third line player! Garland or Lafferty, for that matter, have out played him. 

I hope those lines Tocchet had today was just for a practice. Didn't like the configuration whatsoever...........................https://www.nhl.com/canucks/stats

How was the bi annual eye exam?  Did everything check out?  Or are you still seeing two Mikheyev’s on the ice at the same time?   🤔 😊

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Haha 1