[PGT] Canucks Bruins -- slump over!!!!

HKSR

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

It is difficult for me to see how the heck, Mikheyev as even earned a spot on the top two lines. In practice today, he was on the first line with Pettesson

and Hoglander.  Nope! To me and what my eyes see, he's a third liner. (I recently had my by annual eye check). Looking at his stats with us, I can only

conclude, he is a third line player! Garland or Lafferty, for that matter, have out played him. 

I hope those lines Tocchet had today was just for a practice. Didn't like the configuration whatsoever...........................https://www.nhl.com/canucks/stats

Can’t wait till he gets traded. That 5 million could be better spent

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

Hard to argue with the results of naming Hughes captain.   Guys like Miller, Garland, Joshua, Zadorov, maybe Cole… those are the emotional leaders on the team.  I’d throw Myers in there as well.  

We’re fortunate to have such a deep leadership group - amazing job by coaches and management.  But Hughes as captain? Perfect choice.

Naming Hughes as captain also prevented a future clash between Miller and Petey. 
Don't need another JT v Bo situation. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

https://stadiumchinatown.ca/exclusive-an-interview-with-the-green-men-after-their-triumphant-return/2850/25/02/2024/

Good read on the Green men story and their one night return for the Bruins game. 

The energy they bring is infectious....I just love that they returned for this game. So great, they should've got 3rd star(s).

• Cheers 3

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I had a very special experience with this game. I'm coaching girls club volleyball and we had a tournament in Kelowna this weekend. On Saturday we had consecutive games start at 3:50 and 5:30, with the 5:30 game being a very important first playoff crossover game. Essentially deciding whether we stay in Division 1 or drop to Division 2. And it was against a team that we played so far in every tournament this season, with each team winning once. And their coach is an asshole 🙂. We drop the first set, then come back to win the next 2 and win the game, keeping us in Division 1. One of the best games of the season for the girls. A lot of emotions and screaming. Obviously, no time to check the Canucks game score. Right after the game the whole team rushes to Red Robin for pre-booked team dinner. We walk into the restaurant just as the timeout in the OT ends and the whole team stands by the bar, not proceeding to the table (close to 30 people, with all the parents and coaches). As Boeser scores the winner, all of us erupt with the "YEESSSS" scream, scaring the rest of the restaurant. Double high in a matter of about 30 minutes 🙂 

Now please tell us how you really feel 😂😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Canucks yes, Calgary fuck no. 

(I've said this since November, no team can beat this Canucks team 4 out of 7 as it stands.)

That's what everyone was saying when the Canucks went up in the series against Detroit. That didn't turn out quite as predicted.

41 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

That's what everyone was saying when the Canucks went up in the series against Detroit. That didn't turn out quite as predicted.

In fairness if you're referring to the WCE Canucks, I NEVER felt comfortable with Cloutier in net.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

In fairness if you're referring to the WCE Canucks, I NEVER felt comfortable with Cloutier in net.

For good reason as it turned out! Mostly my point was there are no givens. And if fan expectations meant anything, the Leafs would have won the cup every year for the last 15 or so.

On 2/25/2024 at 6:04 PM, Rocket-68 said:

BIG TEST

BIG GAME

BIG MEASURING DI.. STICK

EBB FLOW

UP DOWN

IN OUT 

LEFT RIGHT

OVER UNDER

ABSURD 

ABSURD

ABSURD

FUN

FUN

FUN

POKE

LOSE

LOSE

GET'ER DONE

gioated-family-guy.gif

Sorry couldn't resist ripping this off of your idea for a minute @Dr. Crossbar

Don't ever stop doing these during g GDT, one of the posts I look for when reading the GDT's.

I'm definitely the same, lol

• Haha 2