[GDT]Vancouver Canucks hosting Pittsburgh Penguins Feb 27 2024 7pm PST.

DANJR

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think this is what bugs me. JT is doing everything he can to get the team to win. And they keep finding ways to lose points.

That and some players who are prime players aren’t showing up. Petey is crumbling under pressure or rather puts an effort in for half the game.

• ThereItIs 2
  • MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's so damn refreshing to hear the entire world singing the praises of JT Miller. Even the panel post game.

Just like Burr....shutting up all the naysayers who cried when he got pissed off in the past. 

He's the real deal. 

Watched the Pittsburgh feed tonight and they wouldn't shut up about how good he has been all year. Miller has impressed me too. Very engaged game in game out

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That and some players who are prime players aren’t showing up. Petey is crumbling under pressure or rather puts an effort in for half the game.

Yeah I don't see how he's a 12m+ player in any fashion. Dude does not control the game like a superstar. He's a great player and makes some 'nifty' plays here and there but not upper echelon of the NHL. 

• Like 1

People talking shit about Petey. It’s the same stuff people were talking smack about Miller just maybe in different contexts. Petey can be better by my god. If we listened to each other this team would have traded Miller, Boeser and probably Hughes already. Now Miller is a star, a fan favourite and people have to turn on Petey now. Someone is always in the shit house 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

The panel on Sportsnet were talking about how all this contract "chatter" must be distracting Petey and I totally agree. He's playing in a tough market with a huge distraction looming over his head. As professional as he is, it's gotta be affecting his game.

I believe Petey has talent and works hard, but needs to get over whatever is bothering him. We are NOT the same time without him!!

• Like 1

Just now, Devron said:

People talking shit about Petey. It’s the same stuff people were talking smack about Miller just maybe in different contexts. Petey can be better by my god. If we listened to each other this team would have traded Miller, Boeser and probably Hughes already. Now Miller is a star, a fan favourite and people have to turn on Petey now. Someone is always in the shit house 

He's bringing it on himself. The lack of contract is a distraction for the entire team now and he's obviously feeling some pressure, which he's fucking crumbling under. Big cry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Difference is that Miller decided he wants to be here and Petey has dragged his feet. Miller plays with his heart on his sleeve and Petey sulks. Petey talked about being on a winning team. Here we are, a winning team. It still feels like it isn’t enough for him. It’s made fans pissy about him. He is also causing goals against right now and not making up for it in offense. So ya people have a right to be worried and pissy. He wants fans on his side. Sign a contract and start producing again. Tell fans you love their support and you love Vancouver. He hasn’t really done that. You know who has, Miller.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 2

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

He's bringing it on himself. The lack of contract is a distraction for the entire team now and he's obviously feeling some pressure, which he's fucking crumbling under. Big cry.

And same can be said about the other players I’ve mentioned in the past. They were also bringing it on them selves. Miller yelled and someone. Smashed his stick . Not a leader. I’ve seen it all, it’s just Peteys turn now 

• Haha 1

If Petey's contract, or lack of a contract is interfering with his game, he'd better get er done.  

He sure as hell isn't the player he was earlier this season.  If he can't hack the tougher going, he'd better figure it out.  There are 2 coaches who some people called sisters who had to learn that lesson too

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I dunno, maybe others talked shit about Miller, but I always said he's a top 10 scoring power forward that wins faceoffs, PKs, plays on the PP, plays with grit and fire.  That has always been a hallmark of his game.

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

1 minute ago, Devron said:

People don’t care about that now. Someone else is in the shit house with the fans now 

Yep. It has gotten so bad, I'm not even bothering to argue with these people.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Difference is that Miller decided he wants to be here and Petey has dragged his feet. It’s made fans pissy about him. He is also causing goals against right now and not making up for it in offense. So ya people have a right to be worried and pissy.

Fans thought Miller wanted out since he got here. Didn’t wanna play in Canada etc. try again I have a long memory 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, YourTimeisNow said:

Man, Crosby is so good at making something out of nothing. Wish Petey could play more that way…

Garland had a rough game. Where’s Dakota!?

Bleuger with that brutal giveaway stands out to me. Also the Myers high stick that made us go down 2 for 2 minutes.

Just now, HKSR said:

I dunno, maybe others talked shit about Miller, but I always said he's a top 10 scoring power forward that wins faceoffs, PKs, plays on the PP, plays with grit and fire.  That has always been a hallmark of his game.

I agree he’s always been awesome 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, YourTimeisNow said:

Man, Crosby is so good at making something out of nothing. Wish Petey could play more that way…

Garland had a rough game. Where’s Dakota!?

Dakota is on IR