[GDT]Vancouver Canucks hosting Pittsburgh Penguins Feb 27 2024 7pm PST.

DANJR

27 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Ya if it is tho (the noise) it's dependant on the summer really... We'll see what happens. I'm giving EP40 the benefit of the doubt but you never know. This team traded Bure and Linden. 

He won't be the first big name to move or the last if it comes to that point...

The nice thing is we have the playoffs to evaluate if he has another gear and if he's a franchise or just really good but not top tier type player...he's under team control for another yr and options are on our side.

I for the record want him to work out here I just don't see a world where he's worth north of 10.25...

I'd rather spend on the D and add a top six forward and picks.

The little bit about playoff hockey we know with Petey he’s been phenomenal. SHL and the Bubble. I think he’ll be fine. But yeah that’s exactly it. We’ll know for sure how he performs this year

Linden and Bure trades I mean that was pretty big losses for our franchise. Basically had to rebuild. So it’s a different scenario that way. Taking a 100 point out of our lineup will change a lot. We’d need a hell of a good Dman and a pretty decent forward to make up that. 

it’s funny that this is a conversation now when we were suspected as a borderline playoff team in the summer,

we’ll see how it plays out 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So when Petey was tops on the team last year,  it's cuz he was playing shotgun to Miller?  You don't even make any sense.  

I'm calling you out.  The entire hockey world is gushing about Miller's play and ability, and you're here as a fan on an online message board saying Miller is only doing well because Petey isn't getting his minutes?  That's why I'm calling you out as disrespecting Miller big time.

Nope, I say that Petey would have 20 points more each season since Miller came with the same position/backup. Give and take because of shortened season etc.

20points over 80 games…

Miller starts the game with Boeser and Hughes/Hronek. That is favourable this season.

The other team has to stop Petey on the other line so they have to put their better defensive player against him.

That is favourable to Miller.

On the PP it’s often Hughes taking the puck to Miller that either feeds Boeser or scores himself. 
That is favourable especially since Petey is on the right side and the other team can’t let Petey roam free on the right side so they have to cover him.

Don’t you think Miller get more space on the left side when Petey is on the right side? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

If Petey's contract, or lack of a contract is interfering with his game, he'd better get er done.  

He sure as hell isn't the player he was earlier this season.  If he can't hack the tougher going, he'd better figure it out.  There are 2 coaches who some people called sisters who had to learn that lesson too

Ya the Sedins used to fall down all the time but they eventually got strong mentally and physically… now it’s Petey’s turn… but time is running out - he is 25… he’s gotta get on it… 

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS

7 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

Nope, I say that Petey would have 20 points more each season since Miller came with the same position/backup. Give and take because of shortened season etc.

20points over 80 games…

Miller starts the game with Boeser and Hughes/Hronek. That is favourable this season.

The other team has to stop Petey on the other line so they have to put their better defensive player against him.

That is favourable to Miller.

On the PP it’s often Hughes taking the puck to Miller that either feeds Boeser or scores himself. 
That is favourable especially since Petey is on the right side and the other team can’t let Petey roam free on the right side so they have to cover him.

Don’t you think Miller get more space on the left side when Petey is on the right side? 

So you honestly believe that Petey is a better player than Miller... in fact, even quantifying it to say if Petey played Miller's minutes against the top lines in the league that Petey would have 20 points more than Miller???