[GDT]Vancouver Canucks hosting Pittsburgh Penguins Feb 27 2024 7pm PST.

DANJR

37 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Maybe put Myers in front of the net?

Yes, Myers could tie up 2 players trying to move him out. And piss the goalie off too. We need something drastic because OUR PP HAS BEEN FKN BRUTAL lately. Just sayin

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Since our power play has been pretty fkn brutal lately,  I think we should try putting Zadarov as net front presence.  fk the pretty pass pretty shot goals

LETS GO GET THE GREASY ONES. 

Plus we have the skill to capitalize off garbage rebound goals back door.

I mean who doesn't like a little back door action once in a while amirite.

:parrot:

Jim Carrey Text GIF

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good. The dynamics of the PP needed a change up. 

Yea they clearly couldn’t keep doing the same thing. There’s powerplays being cold and then there’s ones that will obviously just not work.

When I first saw them I thought wow they dropped Petey off the first unit. But then I noticed Hughes on it. Gotta figure any unit with Hughes is the first unit.

Good to split up Hughes, Miller, and Petey though. It seems like they’re stuck in a never ending loop of passing around the outside when they’re out there. This will hopefully force them to think differently.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea they clearly couldn’t keep doing the same thing. There’s powerplays being cold and then there’s ones that will obviously just not work.

When I first saw them I thought wow they dropped Petey off the first unit. But then I noticed Hughes on it. Gotta figure any unit with Hughes is the first unit.

Good to split up Hughes, Miller, and Petey though. It seems like they’re stuck in a never ending loop of passing around the outside when they’re out there. This will hopefully force them to think differently.

I don't mind the miller unit, i think they'll do well as lots of willing shooters (garly, brock, hronek, one great distributor (miller) and a plumber (suter).  The other unit needs hughes and pettey to shoot, or chaos to unleash, while lindholm distributes and bains looks for tips. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't mind the miller unit, i think they'll do well as lots of willing shooters (garly, brock, hronek, one great distributor (miller) and a plumber (suter).  The other unit needs hughes and pettey to shoot, or chaos to unleash, while lindholm distributes and bains looks for tips. 

First thing Myers needs to do is work on hitting the net.

He has a big blast but zero accuracy.

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 3

55 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I would think that a larger player would be a better net front presence. Zadorov or Myers are a lot harder to move than Bains. 

Net front requires a lot of hand eye and High hockey IQ. Sticking a random big body doesn't help, you need a player who can win puck battles, be good at deflecting the puck, making short relief passes to offset pressure for the half wall and knowing when the peel off to the side for a pass verses screening the goalie.

In all honest, net front is the hardest PP position to play, requires a lot of reads and quick decision making. I think Bains is an excellent player to provide that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

First thing Myers needs to do is work on hitting the net.

He has a big blast but zero accuracy.

Def, but he'd certainly confuse the hell out of everyone, might lead to greasy ones. Big change from hughes to pettey, back to hughes, pass broken up to miller, hughes recovers, back to pettersson, x5)

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
g
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I didn't like DeSmith's game in Minny, but I think he deserves more starts. Can't run Demmer into the ground. Because he is either going to get hurt or he is going to run out of gas come a long playoff run. 

Need to let DeSmith have some runway down the stretch here to allow Demko to rest.

I guess if we can wrap up the pacific then maybe demko rests a lot? Still like to see silovs up for a few.

56 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, Myers could tie up 2 players trying to move him out. And piss the goalie off too. We need something drastic because OUR PP HAS BEEN FKN BRUTAL lately. Just sayin

He could also pull a Big Buff (see earlier post on page 5) and engage in chemical warfare.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • chaos 3

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

Fun clip but I don't like his voice, sounds like his tackleberries are being squeezed.

Same... I don't like his voice for some reason...

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Net front requires a lot of hand eye and High hockey IQ. Sticking a random big body doesn't help, you need a player who can win puck battles, be good at deflecting the puck, making short relief passes to offset pressure for the half wall and knowing when the peel off to the side for a pass verses screening the goalie.

In all honest, net front is the hardest PP position to play, requires a lot of reads and quick decision making. I think Bains is an excellent player to provide that.

Myers is one of the players on the second powerplay, so he already has experience, mind you from a different position. 

• Cheers 1

It's interesting that the Soilers had a losing streak after the ASG, similar to ours. They broke theirs yesterday against LA

Now that we are back in the W column we should win tonight if we show the same application as we did against the Bruins 

The Pens have a pretty ancient team ( Crosby, Carter, Eller, Malkin, Letang, Karlson) but I'm sure they'll put up a fight.

5-2 Nucks

• Cheers 1