[GDT]Vancouver Canucks hosting Pittsburgh Penguins Feb 27 2024 7pm PST.

DANJR

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Fans thought Miller wanted out since he got here. Didn’t wanna play in Canada etc. try again I have a long memory 

Miller wanted to stay in Vancouver. 

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/05/j-t-miller-wants-to-stay-in-vancouver.html

Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet explained that he went right to the source and asked Miller:

"No, he does not want to be traded, he does not want to leave, he wants to be a Vancouver Canuck. He has no intentions of leaving. ‘We have a good team here’ and he wants to be a part of it."

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Fans thought Miller wanted out since he got here. Didn’t wanna play in Canada etc. try again I have a long memory 

He’s signed a contract. He’s made comments publicly about wanting to be here. He’s playing like it matters. This is what people want to see from Petey.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Gotta remember one thing, the Penguins are desperately fighting for their playoff lives.  They left it all out on the ice in the 3rd and OT.  

Refs also helping them out with powerplays in the third.

Just now, HKSR said:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/05/j-t-miller-wants-to-stay-in-vancouver.html

Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet explained that he went right to the source and asked Miller:

"No, he does not want to be traded, he does not want to leave, he wants to be a Vancouver Canuck. He has no intentions of leaving. ‘We have a good team here’ and he wants to be a part of it."

I know that and you know that. But that was not the consensus around here and the media made it worst. Miller was shit on constantly. I’m not saying it was right. Far from. I just see the glaring similarities 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

ahaha shows how much devron knows 😛 and ya i saw that too, JT never ever wanted to leave the canucks and he had no issue playing in canada

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He’s signed a contract. He’s made comments publicly about wanting to be here. He’s playing like it matters. This is what people want to see from Petey.

I get that. So we wait for that to happen. Then we wait for someone else to shit on 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Too much Petey hate. Where would we be without him? Not atop the league standings that's for sure. Petey has the most GWG this season with 9.

We have lost 5/6. Where has Petey been? Everyone can tell the pressure is getting to him or that he is struggling.

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Petey sleeping in LALA land atm , maybe oneday he will wake up from his slumber

Just now, Déjà Vu said:

ahaha shows how much devron knows 😛 and ya i saw that too, JT never ever wanted to leave the canucks and he had no issue playing in canada

No shit. I’m not talking about his statement and his contract. I’m talking about the speculations all seasons and if you weren’t around the forums then it is what it is 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I know that and you know that. But that was not the consensus around here and the media made it worst. Miller was shit on constantly. I’m not saying it was right. Far from. I just see the glaring similarities 

Really? I felt it was about 50/50 when it came to Miller.  Some people saw how hard he played, others just nitpicked.  Right now I think it's like 80% are against Petey.

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

I get that. So we wait for that to happen. Then we wait for someone else to shit on 

No it’s just it’s sort of an insult that it’s been so hard for Petey to want to sign now. He doesn’t seem eager. The commitment is in question. That is hard for people who love Vancouver to take and they are first in the league. How much better can it get? He still doesn’t want to commit right now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

But Devron is right. That wasn't the sentiment from fans, no matter what this article or JT himself said.

They wanted him out and said he didn't care enough or he was a distraction or made too many mistakes. It got especially bad when we signed Miller and not Horvat. I remember it all too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rounoush said:

But Devron is right. That wasn't the sentiment from fans, no matter what this article or JT himself said.

They wanted him out and said he didn't care enough or he was a distraction or made too many mistakes. It got especially bad when we signed Miller and not Horvat. I remember it all too.

I guess I remember it differently.  It was a full on war on CDC between those that were for Miller, and those against.  Right now it seems for every 8 fans that are upset with Petey, there's like 2 fans defending him.

Just now, HKSR said:

Really? I felt it was about 50/50 when it came to Miller.  Some people saw how hard he played, others just nitpicked.  Right now I think it's like 80% are against Petey.

Yeah that could be. I guess it always seems like one of our stars wants out, not good enough etc. and from what I’ve seen with Brock, Miller and Hughes it’s all turned out pretty damn good. I remember in Quinn’s second year he wasn’t going to be good enough to defend and win and here we are but that’s another story 

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No it’s just it’s sort of an insult that it’s been so hard for Petey to want to sign now. He doesn’t seem eager. The commitment is in question. That is hard for people who love Vancouver to take and they are first in the league. How much better can it get? He still doesn’t want to commit right now.

I do get it. I just think it’s out of hand. We’ve had enough bs over the last few years. There always needs to be a big story and a lot of the times it’s not what the general consensus thinks 

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lol I think you should watch this game and see that maybe it's Miller himself that is actually the one responsible for being a top 5 centre in the NHL and has absolutely nothing to do with what Pettersson is doing.

I look at the whole picture, all seasons… Not just this season.

So, this duscussion belongs to another thread. 
You’re acting like a child.

9 minutes ago, Devron said:

At least Miller showed heart... at times smashing sticks and swearing at his mates... at least he showed something.

Love EP40 but when he isn't on he's invisible. Guy has no emotion and lacks a consistent I care gear. Miller u notice game in and game out.

Really hope EP stays... love the player but he's gotta figure it out if he wants the big bag. I'm not convinced he's a 12 million dollar man. He doesn't drive play like Miller and Hughes and hasn't in a while. 

He can drive plays but not consistently like the two mentioned above. Miller and Hughes can play with anyone petey needs to be put on the lotto line these days to be elite.

No matter what it's awesome to have such 1st world hockey problems again.Teams come a long way since Willie D and Jayson Menga lol 

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bobby Lou said:

At least Miller showed heart... at times smashing sticks and swearing at his mates... at least he showed something.

Love EP40 but when he isn't on he's invisible. Guy has a no emotion and lacks a I care gear. Miller u notice game in and game out.

Really hope EP stays... love the player but he's gotta figure it out if he wants the big bag. I'm not convinced he's a 12 million dollar man. He don't drive play like Miller and Hughes and hasn't in a while. 

He can drive plays but not consistently like the two mentioned above. No matter what it's awesome to have such 1st world hockey problems again. Come along way since Willie D and Jayson Menga lol

I absolutely love Miller. I’d take him over Petey in a heartbeat. I just making points about the past and how I’ve seen the same trend of frustration with other players that are having great seasons. But yeah Pete is a big part of the team. It will be nice when the noise is gone again 

• Cheers 1

Just now, LillStrimma said:

I look at the whole picture, all seasons… Not just this season.

So, this duscussion belongs to another thread. 
You’re acting like a child.

So when Petey was tops on the team last year,  it's cuz he was playing shotgun to Miller?  You don't even make any sense.  

I'm calling you out.  The entire hockey world is gushing about Miller's play and ability, and you're here as a fan on an online message board saying Miller is only doing well because Petey isn't getting his minutes?  That's why I'm calling you out as disrespecting Miller big time.

• MillerTime 2

4 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Love EP40 but when he isn't on he's invisible. Guy has a no emotion and lacks a I care gear. Miller u notice game in and game out.

Really hope EP stays... love the player but he's gotta figure it out if he wants the big bag. I'm not convinced he's a 12 million dollar man. He don't drive play like Miller and Hughes and hasn't in a while. 

He can drive plays but not consistently like the two mentioned above. No matter what it's awesome to have such 1st world hockey problems again. Come along way since Willie D and Jayson Menga lol

He fell down again so much tonight. Players lean on him and he can’t stay up. The book is out. He’s got to get stronger in his core and legs. It’s so noticeable this year. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I absolutely love Miller. I’d take him over Petey in a heartbeat. I just making points about the past and how I’ve seen the same trend of frustration with other players that are having great seasons. But yeah Pete is a big part of the team. It will be nice when the noise is gone again 

Ya if it is tho (the noise) it's dependant on the summer really... We'll see what happens. I'm giving EP40 the benefit of the doubt but you never know. This team traded Bure and Linden. 

He won't be the first big name to move or the last if it comes to that point...

The nice thing is we have the playoffs to evaluate if he has another gear and if he's a franchise or just really good but not top tier type player...he's under team control for another yr and options are on our side.

I for the record want him to work out here I just don't see a world where he's worth north of 10.25...

I'd rather spend on the D and add a top six forward and picks.

• Upvote 1