[GDT]Vancouver Canucks hosting Pittsburgh Penguins Feb 27 2024 7pm PST.

DANJR

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Net front requires a lot of hand eye and High hockey IQ. Sticking a random big body doesn't help, you need a player who can win puck battles, be good at deflecting the puck, making short relief passes to offset pressure for the half wall and knowing when the peel off to the side for a pass verses screening the goalie.

In all honest, net front is the hardest PP position to play, requires a lot of reads and quick decision making. I think Bains is an excellent player to provide that.

Good post, NAZZY.  I think Lindy is very good in front of the net as well.  He has a high IQ and has

terrific hand eye/deflecting pucks.  He's not one to get pushed around either.  I don't know why

that's not a permanent role for him.  Bains could be the 2nd PP guy.

19 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Migraines suck, I hope you're feeling better by game time. For many years I got 3 or 4 migraines a year where I'd almost entirely lose my vision, be unable to speak coherently, and the left side of my body went almost completely numb. Scary as shit until you realize it's temporary. CT scans found nothing amiss. First time I thought I was having a stroke. CBD gummies (and previous to that beta blockers) really helped, I haven't had a serious migraine in over 5 years.

I get one or 2 a year. Starting to feel a little better. Was able to keep some food down. But the florescent lighting at work wasn't going to help anything, and I know it. 

• Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Migraines suck, I hope you're feeling better by game time. For many years I got 3 or 4 migraines a year where I'd almost entirely lose my vision, be unable to speak coherently, and the left side of my body went almost completely numb. Scary as shit until you realize it's temporary. CT scans found nothing amiss. First time I thought I was having a stroke. CBD gummies (and previous to that beta blockers) really helped, I haven't had a serious migraine in over 5 years.

Brother in law had exact same symptoms with his migraines. Almost killed him and many others when he basically paralyzed and couldn’t control his vehicle and went across two oncoming lanes of traffic and into a ditch. Miraculous not one vehicle other than his got wrecked. No injuries but lucky as hell. 

1 minute ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Brother in law had exact same symptoms with his migraines. Almost killed him and many others when he basically paralyzed and couldn’t control his vehicle and went across two oncoming lanes of traffic and into a ditch. Miraculous not one vehicle other than his got wrecked. No injuries but lucky as hell. 

I always had about 5 minutes of warning, where I'd see my vision start to sparkle and my brain would become very foggy. Unlike some, the pain was never that bad so I was lucky there. It was a terrible feeling though knowing that I had 5 minutes to find somewhere to lie down, especially if I wasn't at home.

Also, GO CANUCKS GO!

• Huggy Bear 1

47 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I get one or 2 a year. Starting to feel a little better. Was able to keep some food down. But the florescent lighting at work wasn't going to help anything, and I know it. 

Friend of mine puts his hands in ice cold water, for a few minutes.

His theory being, his body will send more blood to his hands to warm up, thusly reducing the blood flow/pressure in his hrad.

So I'm, not a doctor, nor is he- so maybe check with a true m.d. before trying?

• Cheers 1

Ahhh... the smell of gameday is in the air. The boys are not too high or low on things and I find that very reassuring. They are all saying the right things and seems like they really are a tight group. I'm so looking forward to each game.

Tonight will be a grsat game. Jarry will play well but won't be able to contain our forwards. Tonight will be a 4-1 victory for your Vancouver Canucks! 

Garland with the game winner.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

This forum is an echo chamber

🥸

Yea I am pretty disappointed for how many hours I put into doing the GDT.
Probably will never do another.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I am watching to see if we can snap the twine on the PP tonight and generally looking at the bottom 6 with eyes on mikeyevs whole shifts no matter where he slots in tonight.

Team wise : score early score often and if our scouts want a Prnguin by the deadline, let's help them out and win in regulation. A hopeless Penguins team is an amicable trade partner.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Wife used to drive a lot for her career all over the lower mainland, island and even to the interior now and again. She would have to pull over with her migraines as they made her power puke when they hit a particular level...and they always did. Since she retired they have largely disappeared.