Report/Rumour: Canucks have been keeping close tabs on Wild forward Brandon Duhaime

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He may not come cheap, the Jeannot trade could throw a wrench into the price when it comes to this type of player

Which isn't to say teams will go as nuts as Tampa did, likely not, but teams may ask more for guys who are viewed as "playoff type" players now

I do not know that a team would seriously pay a "haul" for a 4th liner with no playoff points who is a UFA this summer.

• Cheers 3

If Minnesota becomes a seller I wonder if we could turn it into a bigger deal and try to pry Jake Middleton too. He plays big minutes, a top penalty killer, one of about 10 players in the league over 100 hits and 100 blocked shots this year, and has a reasonable cap hit for one more year. Also very responsible with the puck. His turnover ratio is pretty good. Would be nice to have a guy like that if Nikita leaves in the offseason and given the health of Soucy. Adds more flexibility to the back end. 

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's not on IR because he lost a fight, he was in a fight.  

Broke his hand, right? Do the playoffs even have many fights anymore? A guy needs to be able to contribute useful minutes. If he’s a big, mean, and hard to play against fellow too, then that’s great. If we are getting a fighter go for the guy from CBJ

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Broke his hand, right? Do the playoffs even have many fights anymore? A guy needs to be able to contribute useful minutes. If he’s a big, mean, and hard to play against fellow too, then that’s great. If we are getting a fighter go for the guy from CBJ

You don't trade for someone because they're a fighter.  What a waste of assets 

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

You don't trade for someone because they're a fighter.  What a waste of assets 

Agreed. But The guy from CBJ is a player (10-15 useful minutes) who can also fight. The point is if we are targeting a bottom line, hard to play against guy, then get one who is a great fighter too. This Duhame guy is a middleweight at best. The guy from CBJ is a big bopper. And he provides equally otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, CanucksFan26 said:

If Minnesota becomes a seller I wonder if we could turn it into a bigger deal and try to pry Jake Middleton too. He plays big minutes, a top penalty killer, one of about 10 players in the league over 100 hits and 100 blocked shots this year, and has a reasonable cap hit for one more year. Also very responsible with the puck. His turnover ratio is pretty good. Would be nice to have a guy like that if Nikita leaves in the offseason and given the health of Soucy. Adds more flexibility to the back end. 

I'd love Middleton but with Minnys cap situation next season I don't see them trading away any of their value contracts

Just now, Alflives said:

Agreed. But The guy from CBJ is a player (10-15 useful minutes) who can also fight. The point is if we are targeting a bottom line, hard to play against guy, then get one who is a great fighter too. This Duhame guy is a middleweight at best. The guy from CBJ is a big bopper. And he provides equally otherwise. 

Hes a fringe player on one of the worst teams in the league.  I'm not sure what value he'd have in Van or worth parting with any assets over.  I think Van has a great bottom 6, as is

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hes a fringe player on one of the worst teams in the league.  I'm not sure what value he'd have in Van or worth parting with any assets over.  I think Van has a great bottom 6, as is

Fine with that too. Just don’t see us with any need for a lightweight who does little like Duhame. He’s not adding anything to our club that we don’t already have. If we do go for a guy like that, then get one who is a big bopper. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Fine with that too. Just don’t see us with any need for a lightweight who does little like Duhame. He’s not adding anything to our club that we don’t already have. If we do go for a guy like that, then get one who is a big bopper. 

That's fair.  I think they should stand pat up and down the lineup.  Add PK if it works out and let this team take the best run they can

• Cheers 2

I like the idea of someone gritty who is willing to drop them when needed, but for me someone like B. Tanev makes way more sense for the POs because he can make other teams miserable and still contribute on the sheet ala Raffi in 2011. Especially if we are going to give up a valuable asset. 

I think this is exactly the type of move this team needs, when we play big heavy teams in the playoffs we need big bodies to push back. Duhaime has that and will help keep other agitators honest. Last season Florida came in heavy hitting everyone. Vegas was able to handle that game because they have a big team and Nic Hague thew his weight right back at them. Zedorov was a great addition but we need more spark plugs. A few years ago Patrick Maroon was that type of player. He new his role, brought a big heavy game, could back it up with fights, and constantly talked shit to get the other teams off their game. Duhaime is not a heavy weight fighter like Maroon but he can be a shit disturber.  Tocchet appreciates the value of what these guys bring to the team. They help everyone else out when the games start getting physical. I hope we add him 

Hoglander Pettersson Mikheyev 

Suter Miller Boeser 

Joshua Lindholm Garland 

Duhaime Blueger Lafferty 

Aman 

Di Giseppe 

Edited by Rypien-Punch
  • ThereItIs 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:25 AM, Rypien-Punch said:

I think this is exactly the type of move this team needs, when we play big heavy teams in the playoffs we need big bodies to push back. Duhaime has that and will help keep other agitators honest. Last season Florida came in heavy hitting everyone. Vegas was able to handle that game because they have a big team and Nic Hague thew his weight right back at them. Zedorov was a great addition but we need more spark plugs. A few years ago Patrick Maroon was that type of player. He new his role, brought a big heavy game, could back it up with fights, and constantly talked shit to get the other teams off their game. Duhaime is not a heavy weight fighter like Maroon but he can be a shit disturber.  Tocchet appreciates the value of what these guys bring to the team. They help everyone else out when the games start getting physical. I hope we add him 

Hoglander Pettersson Mikheyev 

Suter Miller Boeser 

Joshua Lindholm Garland 

Duhaime Blueger Lafferty 

Aman 

Di Giseppe 

Duhaime is probably not going to be cheap, as Minny knows they know they need a player like that. 

On 2/26/2024 at 9:02 PM, Alflives said:

Rather have Olivier from CBJ. 220, is nasty, great fighter, and can play 10-15 minutes. 

Duhaime averages more ice time than Olivier. 10:29 and 9:12.

Edited by Odd.

Not a fan of wingers who have basically no offensive ability. Sure he can hit but its because we'll always be playing in our own zone when he's out playing.