[PGT] Penguins at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Garland is missing Joshua,  that duo is pretty effective 

Garly struggles a bit tonight, got man handled and screwed up in OT that leads to the winning goal.  

He'll be fine.  Been good all yr. 

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

There’s no way I think we should pay Pettersson more than what Miller makes. Some team will though. I just hope it isn’t us.

His value league wide is incredibly high. We have Lindholm who can anchor the 2nd line behind Miller or just use that money in UFA. A Petey futures package could set us up for the next decade +.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Miller and Demko brought their A game tonight - I have no doubts how they will be come playoff time.

Thought Suter, Hoglander, Myers and Juulsen had solid games as well. 

Not enough guys are elevating their game at this juncture of the season and its telling who those few are. 

• Upvote 2
  • MillerTime 1

5 hours ago, Iron Man said:

We need to get rid of Mikheyev. Or start benching him. He's literally useless.

He's definitely not earning his TOI. Played over 13 minutes too tonight and wiffed a couple great chances. Not sure why he's getting the opportunities he is at this point

Edited by Sneakystink
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Lost a pt for sure. 

Need more discipline when already on PK.  Can't give teams a 5 on 3.  

Juuls injury on the pens goal was just bad luck.   The third goal could've been prevented. 

OT is just circus, not going to blame all on Garly.   Shit happens.  

Edit:removed opening comment

Reffing was mostly loose after 5on3. If Miller could have buried that one in the 3rd after checking the guy from behind, I would have called it even on the reffing. Pens 3rd goal could be argued that it wouldn't happen, if they would call Crosby for hauling down the guy who knocked him down in the Pens end, but it is what it is. Pens capitalized on ref mistakes, and we didn't.

OT was insane. Bad pinch by Petey to start the circus. We all know how it ended 😠

Edited by Kragar

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Similar feel here.  Wished they could bury them when they had the chance.  Giving up another 5 on 3 is frustrating. 

Give credit where credit is due, Jarry played out of his mind tonight.

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

This is one of those games I didnt think they would lose, even in when the Pens tied it.  At the end of the day they need the top 2 lines all clicking at once. ITs kinda sad to see Mikh lose a gear and lose his game.  Im not sure he was ever a long term solution as a top 6 player though...i always thought he would be more of a north south defensive forward. 

Joshua cant come back soon enough.  That third line is just not the same without him.

What we are seeing from Miller reminds me of prime Kesler, prime Linden when they took charge .   Looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Miller and Demko brought their A game tonight - I have no doubts how they will be come playoff time.

Thought Suter, Hoglander, Myers and Juulsen had solid games as well. 

Not enough guys are elevating their game at this juncture of the season and its telling who those few are. 

I wonder if it's the same 5 or so players mentioned by Tocchet after the Kraken game 

15 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I agree.  When Joshua comes back, Mikheyev is the press box contender.  I would keep Bains but you could tell that he is green at the NHL level but once he get some experience, he will be a good one for us.  I still wouldn't count out Mikeyev as his speed is not the same as he once was but with full summer training, he could be very good next season.  

Regardless, Bains is creating opportunities for himself and for his linemates. Mikheyev is tits on a bull.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miller looks dangerous most of his time on ice where Pettersson just has the fuck it look on his face with shoulders down. Needs a kick in the ass for sure. Maybe sit him for a game or 2 to send a real message

Edited by Sneakystink
  • Haha 2

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

The refs gifted them the 5on3. Myers did not high stick him, it was the Pens' own stick.

Reffing was mostly loose after that. If Miller could have buried that one in the 3rd after checking the guy from behind, I would have called it even on the reffing. Pens 3rd goal could be argued that it wouldn't happen, if they would call Crosby for hauling down the guy who knocked him down in the Pens end, but it is what it is. Pens capitalized on ref mistakes, and we didn't.

OT was insane. Bad pinch by Petey to start the circus. We all know how it ended 😠

Wrong replays showed it was his stick. High crosscheck. 

1 minute ago, Sneakystink said:

Miller looks dangerous most of his time on ice where Pettersson just has the fuck it look on his face with shoulders down. Needs a kick in the ass for sure

He’s got those Naslund post-game misery vibes.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

He's definitely not earning his too. Played over 13 minutes to tonight and wiffed a couple great chances. Not sure why he's getting the opportunities he is at this point

Well there are 4.75 million reasons why he is being played in the top 6. It is likely the only reason why right now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1