[PGT] Penguins at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Super19 said:

This is some of the best Canucks hockey we have seen in years! Enjoy it. This is the good kind of annoyed to be feeling.

The team knows how close we are to piecing it together. We want the cup. Playoff spot secured, now we just building ourselves to be legit cup contenders. Believe.

1-5 in our last 6, 5-7 since ASG.  Going to be a quick exit from the playoffs IMO. 

• Wiener 1

Just now, Dom said:

1-5 in our last 6, 5-7 since ASG.  Going to be a quick exit from the playoffs IMO. 

I'd rather be losing these games now than have it all fall down in the playoffs.

Facing the adversity now is good. Lots of time to get it back together. We are a highly skilled team with players that have the intangibles. Miller leading the way in the latter category. A good coach. 

Enjoy the ride. One of the best teams we have had in a long time. I don't have any reason to lose the faith despite our record since the ASG.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

I said to ChatGPT:  Write a song about the Vancouver Canucks and their ineptitude at playing well against good teams, and having too many passengers for the money they are being paid ...

(Verse 1) In the city of rain, where the Canucks play, A team with potential, but struggles every day. Against the top dogs, they falter and fall, Too many passengers, not giving their all.

(Pre-Chorus) High expectations, but they let us down, Against the good teams, they wear the frown. Money they're paid, but where's the fight? In the face of the strong, they lose their light.

(Chorus) Oh, Canucks, Canucks, skating on thin ice, Against the best, paying the price. Ineptitude looms, like a shadow tall, Passengers abound, but will they stand tall?

(Verse 2) On the ice they can dance, with skill and grace, But against the elite, they're losing the race. Fans in frustration, yearning for more, It's time to step up, hear the fans roar.

(Pre-Chorus) Dollars and cents, on the payroll wide, But on the ice, they often hide. Money they're paid, for what they could be, It's time to show heart, set the passion free.

(Chorus) Oh, Canucks, Canucks, facing the storm, Against the best, they need to perform. Ineptitude's grip, breaking the chain, Passengers or players, it's time for a change.

(Bridge) The fans are waiting, with hope in their eyes, For victories sweet, beneath the starry skies. No more excuses, it's time to ignite, A flame in their hearts, to conquer the fight.

(Verse 3) The journey is tough, against the elite, But champions rise, on defeat's retreat. Passion and fire, in every stride, It's time for the Canucks, to turn the tide.

(Pre-Chorus) Money they're paid, a symbol of trust, But against the best, it's more than a must. No more passengers, on this wild ride, It's time for the Canucks, to take pride.

(Chorus) Oh, Canucks, Canucks, the spotlight's gleam, Against the best, fulfill the dream. Ineptitude crumbles, like a sandcastle tall, Passengers no more, rise or fall.

(Outro) In the city of rain, where dreams are spun, The Canucks rewrite, the battles won. Against the elite, they find their might, A team reborn, in the Vancouver night.  In your dreams ...

That outro ...

Edited by Hockey God
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

I do fear if getting rid of Kuz was a big mistake 😞

I believe the trade was a good one for what we need and the direction we're heading. There has to be some accountability though and for some reason certain players aren't being held accountable

Just now, 24K said:

Nah it wasn't. 

Kuz is scratched in Calgary these days. 

They’ve been winning with Kuz’s presence. You can’t underestimate his lighthearted personality and all those smiles in your locker room. Now there is less smiling

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sneakystink said:

I believe the trade was a good one for what we need and the direction we're heading. There has to be some accountability though and for some reason certain players aren't being held accountable

Yeah true. I just had a soft spot for the guy. That smile, man. Lol. You're right though, as nice as Kuz was, he was not integral part of this core despite him playing top 6 role. Onwards and upwards for us and hopefully for him in Cgy as well. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Super19 said:

A lot of EP40 hate going around. For the haters, Petey has 9 GWG this season, leading the NHL in that category. 

Hes not playing like a 12mill a year player right now, hes been in teletubby land ever since the allstar break, he needs to wake up and start playing esp if he wants to be here, and wants the contract hes waiting for, yes he has 9 GWG but most if not all came before the allstar break

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

They’ve been winning with Kuz’s presence. You can’t underestimate his lighthearted personality and all those smiles in your locker room. Now there is less smiling

Do you think Petey misses Kuz? Combined with contract stress? 

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

While Myers, stop taking stupid stick penalties. We know your history in the playoffs there. 

5/6 they keep saying we need to learn from this but maybe the mistakes will always be there. I am not sure if this team will learn. 5/6 games is a lot. Similar penalties and puck management. Just go out there and do it. Stop talking about learning.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

Yeah true. I just had a soft spot for the guy. That smile, man. Lol. You're right though, as nice as Kuz was, he was not integral part of this core despite him playing top 6 role. Onwards and upwards for us and hopefully for him in Cgy as well. 

I really liked him too and wish they would have played him more because I think he would have turned it around but they wanted him to be defensively responsible and that didn't happen quick enough

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Wrong replays showed it was his stick. High crosscheck. 

I watched it again, and you're right. I would argue that it was too weak for a 5on3 call, and the Pens stick contributed to the call.

I removed that part of my post though. Thanks for clarifying. I don't often have the volume too loud, and didn't hear the commentary supporting your statement.

4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Honestly, I didn't see Kuz smiling as much this season.  After the trade, seeing him interviewed in Calgary and giggling like a fool made me cringe.  It came across as completely false.