[rumour] Evander Kane gonna Kane

3 hours ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

Well, It's like my Grandma used to say "You can take the thug out of the street, But can't take the street out of the thug"

You know, now that I repeat that out loud.. I think my Grandma was kinda racist.. Yeesh. 

To her she wasn't as when she grew up sayings,meanings and so on were way different.

I am 50 my grandpa was in WW2 and he said things that made him seem that way,but he wasn't.Just different era he grew up in.Same with an uncle who helped everyone he could.Ge would fix neighbors roofs at 80.Had all kids over and was a great guy but the words he used you'd now say he was racist but in fact he was anything but.

• Upvote 1

If Kane doesn't like 3rd line ice time, here is an idea, stop your bitching and step your game up, or shut the fuck up. Ya want to act like an ass, clearly they're going to treat you like an ass.

• Like 1

If these stories are true it does show a pattern Evander Kane has with his team. At first he fits in well in the locker room and is liked around there but, as years go by, things begin to sour. 

I guess Evander Kane is a very honeymoon period type of guy. 

9 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'd do it if he didn't have 2 more years left

It was exactly, how I thought about it...

He's a trouble maker, but seems to be ok at first... They seemed to like him at first up in Edmonton. 
He'd bring something to the table we could use... 

mind you, he could also destroy everything thats good about the Canucks just now, and definitely would sign him and his extra 2 years NMC contract. 

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

It was exactly, how I thought about it...

He's a trouble maker, but seems to be ok at first... They seemed to like him at first up in Edmonton. 
He'd bring something to the table we could use... 

mind you, he could also destroy everything thats good about the Canucks just now, and definitely would sign him and his extra 2 years NMC contract. 

Not really Kane really seems to be in his good behavior in his first 2 to 3 years in the organization. 

And if you believe in the Canucks leadership core it might be be extended to 3 to 4 years. 

So 2 years I think isn't a bad term. 

• Haha 1

Not sure how much stock I place in this, the article claims he "isn't producing" but is on a 30 goal pace. Pretty solid for a guy supposedly getting 3rd line minutes, which isn't entirely true. Most 3rd liners hover around 14-15 minutes. He averages roughly 17, although his ice time has been steadily dropping each year over the last couple. He also has 190 hits in 56 games. He's no golden goose, but if he is considered not producing, what the hell is Mikheyev? But hey, I am all for trouble in Edmonton.

7 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Not really Kane really seems to be in his good behavior in his first 2 to 3 years in the organization. 

And if you believe in the Canucks leadership core it might be be extended to 3 to 4 years. 

So 2 years I think isn't a bad term. 

Its a big gamble... but man could we use another power forward...

On 2/28/2024 at 8:14 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

https://www.oilersdaily.com/nhl-team/edmonton-oilers/evander-kane-reportedly-causing-rift-in-oilers-locker-room

Who could have possibly seen this coming. I for one, am entirely in shock. Up feels down, down feels up, my knees weak, arms are heavy. How could someone be acting so incredibly on brand?

Suck a Lemon Oilers.

MOMS SPAGHETTI  

Maybe Boston would be interested? Boston needs more forward depth (not that the oil don't) and Oilers need a goalie. 

To Edm:

- Ullmark

To Boston:

- Kane (10% retained)

- Broberg 

- 2024 1st

The money moving is fairly close, Boston stays under cap with minor retention that Edm can afford. If the deal is done early enough Boston can still possibly move the Edm 1st or keep it to replace their own. I feel like Edm is probably getting better value in this trade but with Boston's cap situation, I don't know if there is a more skilled player available for less money. 

On 2/28/2024 at 11:50 AM, Breadnbutta said:

Lol are you people serious?

Draisaitl>>>>Petey and it's not close

Doesn't mean Petey is still a good player,  but Drai is upper echelon.

Petey doesn't refuse to backcheck and isn't one of the most gutless pieces of trash in the league.  Crysaitl is a locker room cancer himself and his inability to act like a real man on off the ice wouldn't be tolerated by any respectable organization.  Let that lazy flopper rot in Edmonton where he fits in with the rest of the scumbags on that team.