[GDT] L.A Kings @ Vancouver Canucks Thursday Feb 29th @ 7pm pt/10pm et| The Pacific Division Dominance Edition |

John.Tallhouse

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Second coach to question his practice habits, just saying…

I hope we don’t have a prima Donna on our hands. That or taking it easy to avoid injury.

I thought Bo was a heart and soul guy that would do what it took to stay. Now I’m not so sure about players.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

worried about

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Petey

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

isn't playing his best.

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

too shabby

This above is how the media would frame what you said. 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope we don’t have a prima Donna on our hands. That or taking it easy to avoid injury.

I thought Bo was a heart and soul guy that would do what it took to stay. Now I’m not so sure about players.

Really no idea what he's thinking. And with a contract coming up?

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is why a lot of people are on Pettersson. Not because he’s slumping, because of his actions. He’s already pulled this shit before during his last contract.

Says he wants to play for a winning team, wants a huge payday, wants the glory like Messi, wants everything but to be a good teammate and put in the work. As Toch has mentioned if you can read between the lines even some of the guys on the team are getting sick of it. He’s also always the first name to come up by teammates when the question of who is on social media the most. 

As me and many other posts have said, he’s lost the fire to become the best in the league that he used to have. I just don’t think he’ll ever be mentally or physically strong enough to be given the kind of money he wants in Vancouver.

Would love to trade Petey for Brady if he’s really on the block. Imagine Miller and Tkachuk destroying guys every night. We need more of that. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And there's some around here that say he's better than Drai lol.

I'm usually a serial optimist but I'm losing my patience with Pettersson. This shit happens every year. Let's face it, he's not consistent and very streaky.

Will he be a Leon draisaitl or a Tyler Seguin?

If he wants north of 11 then kick rocks.

I said this the last time Soucy was nearing the come back, but we've barely seen the benefits of what he brings to this team this year And we're still top of the league. I think giving 47 a few games off to rest and heal damn Noah J has been awesome but that dudes gotta have some bruises to rest up. After that do we just rotate? Damn good problem to have though. What a 180 from last year. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

49 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Still #1 in the league.

Not worried about any of the players.

Even the chew toy of the day...Petey. He has the second most points on the team and isn't playing his best.

Not too shabby. 

He'll be firing on all cylinders as we head into the dance. 

Go Nucks.

1st in points but 5th by percentage. They have slid a bit as of late but still amazing from last year. With the better schedule in the last 20, they have a great opportunity to prepare for a playoff run.

54 minutes ago, RichterBelmont said:

It's one thing I have noticed consistently; he just doesn't look comfortable on his skates. Like he is going to fall down all the time. Unsteady on his feet. Not sure what the problem is but he may benefit greatly from some work on his skating. Should not be falling down as often as he does.

Get Quinn's Mom to give him some coaching

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This above is how the media would frame what you said. 😉

I'm sure they would.

i stopped paying any real attention to media a while back

I have been a die hard JT fan since he got here, always have seen his value. I couldn't stand the nonsense that many in media were going on about around the time that Miller was having some struggles. It was apparent that they were trying to stir the pot 'to get clicks' as the kids would say today.

This team is brill.

We have a great chance to do real damage in the dance, we are contenders. 

We have minimal injuries, if we can get just a sprinkle of luck and have a full healthy roster going into the play offs...

Plan the parade. 

Oh, and Petey will be fine. I have been concerned since Tocc got here that he might not be the right coach  for our Alien star but I am starting to believe that Rick is developing along with our great group. I think he is focusing on EP a bit more in a positive way. Future is bright.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dom said:

I can't find a link and no idea if this is legit but apparently Nick Kypreos claims Canucks room ' not as tight as it should be '. Anyone able to find proof of this statement?

Comments like that really need to be based on something or else I just dismiss it as press trying to stir things up for attention.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Comments like that really need to be based on something or else I just dismiss it as press trying to stir things up for attention.

I can understand that, it's on twitter. Like I said, I can't find a link so I am curious if anyone else can. 

9 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

I think Corky Hirsh was saying the same thing about Miller a couple years ago. 

Grain of salt.

14 minutes ago, Dom said:

I can't find a link and no idea if this is legit but apparently Nick Kypreos claims Canucks room ' not as tight as it should be '. Anyone able to find proof of this statement?

Nick isn't either 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Will he be a Leon draisaitl or a Tyler Seguin?

Neither.  He doesn't play anything like them.

EP is worth more than Drai's current contract, but not as much as D's

UFA contract next year.  If Mr. Saddle moves on from Edm, he will have to face hockey

without the McBoost.

In the past 5 seasons, Seguin hasn't scored more than 24gs or 50pts a season.  Seguin's

physical game isn't what it used to be either.  JT cleans the floor with Benn(34yr) or Seguin(32yr),

with a $1.5m to spare.

What ever is going on between Pettersson , his agent and management I have no doubt Rutherford will achieve results that are best for the club.

Players come and players go.

I hope Pettersson is a fit however;  if he’s not, JR will recognize it and act accordingly to reap the benefit of his value. We are in good hands with this management team. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... the media has been saying the exact opposite, forcing stories, and now all of a sudden this.

I'm speculating that his sub par play of late is bothering him.  The distraction is negatively affecting his performance (unlike Bo). Maybe he just told his agent to get it done.