[GDT] L.A Kings @ Vancouver Canucks Thursday Feb 29th @ 7pm pt/10pm et| The Pacific Division Dominance Edition |

John.Tallhouse

3 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

Toch needs to send the team back on the ice to take laps after the game 

Holy shit, that is genius. Is he allowed to do that?

What a message that would send in front of all of the fans.

• Vintage 1

I used to despise EDM (still do) but honestly LA is the team I wanted VAN to trounce.  You just know Doughty is talking shit

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Exactly!! It should be very worrisome. They aren’t even responding to being called out. Where is the pride?

How dare they make it personal and not respond to you and other nobodies calling them out 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Hoggy's giving it a good go. No quit in him.

I think he's trying but this might be the worst game he's played this year.  The whole team's passing and puck control was terrible, including Hughes and I don't remember seeing that from him this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Yeah, I don't doubt they'll make the playoffs. I'm worried they're going to get fuckin TROUNCED in the playoffs. Not even worth the "experience".

The bigger worry is that JR will go all - in with this bunch at the TDL and trade away more draft picks. prospects and our future to try and get us to win a few games post season.  No more of our future should be gambled away with this goup.  let them sink or swim or tear it down!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I thought the first half was good, the kings have played great.  Demko not good

The first half was most certainly not good. Our best period, I thought, was actually our 3rd up until we decided to give up.

14 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Soucy and Joshua will be like additions. Plus, this team needs to gel and figure out who they are. The answer is from within. 

Agreed, this isn't a cup winning team anyway, so don't waste the assets, thats my take.  

Get the experience and make changes in the off season.  We might see a significant step back next year too.

4 minutes ago, van_can_fan said:

Buddy, I know. We're in a slump. We want to pull out of it. We haven't yet. It's called sports.

It helps to keep the big picture in mind. 

You are assuming this is a slump and not a group of disconnected players who started believing their own hype.  I think they felt the first 30 games of the year define an entire season and they are realizing it is how they are playing the last half of the season that set the best teams apart from  the hopeful and lucky.

Edited by TheRev

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Every fucking player should be pissed off and smashing their sticks after the losses.  Have some pride.  Where's the fire?  It's something this group will need to learn if they wanna make an impact in the playoffs.  The "oh well" attitude will have them down 3-1 in a series before they know what hit them.

It’s called pride and I am questioning if the players have any after all these losses and being called out to show up and haven’t. Only players right now are Miller and Boeser. What happened to being tough to play at home? So pathetic lately.

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hope Rick is honest enough to take part of the blame.

The team shoulders the majority. There were so many listless plays and performances tonight. It was weak. He mixed lines to get something going. They need another top six winger. And Erik Johnson. 

On to the next game!

The abandon ship crowd is out.

Rough month but hard not to see it coming. Not that bad when put into context. They needed to tread water through horrible stretch of the schedule and they did just that.

13 games in 23 days

Record: 5 - 6 - 2

8 road games (3-4+1)

5 home games (2-2-1)

First 6 games of Feb: 4-2-0

Last 7 games of Feb: 1-4-2

Remaining games

20 games in 49 days (as of March 1st)

8 road (California, Arizona, Winnipeg)

12 home games. (9 game homestand)

Edited by NoCupSyndrome
  • Like 1