[GDT] L.A Kings @ Vancouver Canucks Thursday Feb 29th @ 7pm pt/10pm et| The Pacific Division Dominance Edition |

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I think a 3 day break in between games is just what the doctor ordered. Not excusing their play but damn that’s a lot of hockey. Rest is needed. Schedule looks good going forward. Just tougher opponents which will be good for them heading into playoffs 

I think they're going to get worked in the playoffs no matter what, but ultimately that will be good for them.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Not liking the way we played tonight overall.

Petey always kicking his head back or down looking deflated after every mistake he makes is killing me. Mistakes happen... hustle hard to recover / make up for it. I also think his defensive play has been chaotic and inconsistent. And he's been a turnover machine in the offensive zone. He just seems mentally off. We need him to figure it out and be ready for the playoffs though. 

Boeser on the back check was brutal today. Loved the goal and his movement to soft spots in the offensive zone but his back check made me angry. 

Lindholm, I understand the transition period but we are gonna need more from him down the stretch here.

Cole I thought he had one of his worst games of the year. Fiala got around him, by him and he lost track of his zone / assignments and lost more pick battles than I expect from him.

Juulsen outside of the screen on the doughty goal I thought he was fine. Safe plays, pucks on net or deep, and big hits when he could.

Hughes, I'm worried he is looking a little tired. He's been getting hit a lot more than usual, and playing lots of minutes. 

Hronek, the penalty he took right after scoring was brutal. Bad call or not it hurt us tonight and when he was with zadorov I didn't feel safe with them out together.

Lotto line / line stack at end that everyone's called for looked terrible and we got scored on two times.

I'm worried the all star game inflated our guys egos and didn't give them the rest / reset they needed.

Hoping that down the stretch in march here they get enough rest and practice between games to get things going more consistently and to the high standard the coaching staff has worked hard to establish for our club. Because the staples look like they are slipping and I can't help but just think they look tired.

Just now, iinatcc said:

Do other fanbases even discuss the schedule as part of the teams performance or is it just us ?

I think all 12 of LA's fans are on X tonight talking about this win

Just now, iinatcc said:

Do other fanbases even discuss the schedule as part of the teams performance or is it just us ?

Not sure. But it’s definitely a factor. Nice thing is we’re past the tough part of the schedule. Lots of home games. No back to backs. Oilers have it tough now. Check out their schedule during their win streak, it’s no coincidence. 

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Totally agree, Miller/Boser 20 points in last 6 games, Petey? 3 points. 

We need to call a spade a spade here our concern is the 2nd line, Petey's line, not put this LOTTO LINE together again, Miller and Boes are fine by themselves.

Petey failed with Kuz and Mik. The Team brings in a fellow Swede to help out, Lindholm, 1 point in the last 6 games? Definately don't resign Lindholm..he's average at best

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Devron said:

Not sure. But it’s definitely a factor. Nice thing is we’re past the tough part of the schedule. Lots of home games. No back to backs. Oilers have it tough now. Check out their schedule during their win streak, it’s no coincidence. 

Ok but they have been at home and have had practice. They should be fine. It’s only going to get harder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think they're going to get worked in the playoffs no matter what, but ultimately that will be good for them.  

Yeah that’s possible. It’s all part of building a championship. No one makes the playoffs once in 10 years then wins the cup. Will be an experience for them 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok but they have been at home and have had practice. They should be fine. It’s only going to get harder.

Definitely the games are getting harder 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

See you next week when they’re contenders again?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's the spirit. 

Show me one data point that suggests this. Or is this just defeatist whiny bullshit.

Just now, DeNiro said:

See you next week when they’re contenders again?

Nope, I never thought they were this year.  A team who needs, and will get, valuable playoff experience 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I like Bains, kid seems to have a future in the NHL.

That being said this is not the time to be experimenting with a raw rookie in a top 6 role. He’s not ready for this level or this amount of responsibility.

Call up Karlsson or Podz and put them in that role.

lol what, and Karlsson and Podz are? Karlsson does absolutely nothing when he’s called up and Podz ain’t even on Bains level, can barely score in the AHL. 

I’ll admit, I’ve been a certified EP40 hater lately but I would offer him $15 mil before I offer Mikheyev $4.75. My word he has been a black hole on every line 

• Like 1

Just now, farinush said:

I’ll admit, I’ve been a certified EP40 hater lately but I would offer him $15 mil before I offer Mikheyev $4.75. My word he has been a black hole on every line 

Where’d you get your certification? Looking to upgrade. 

Just now, NucksNation said:

lol what, and Karlsson and Podz are? Karlsson does absolutely nothing when he’s called up and Podz ain’t even on Bains level, can barely score in the AHL. 

What?