If Petey forced our hand options (Proposal/Discussion)

2 minutes ago, BabcocksChin said:

Why does a team like Columbus give Gaudreau nearly 10 million per season? 

They thought they were better than they are.  But here's the thing. They didn't have to give up anything other than cap space to get him and he's signed long term.  All these proposals are asking for a rebuilding teams top young assets and Pettersson could walk away in a year. The two  situations aren't remotely the same 

to put this to bed even he said this already...could Elias simply say that he stands by his original decision not to negotiate until after the season?  So simple...yes he would have to re state his position but that one statement might shut down the trade Elias threads?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He signed a new contract.  He isnt walking away in a year.  Do you even know what you are talking about ?

This is under the assumption that an extension would be in place with his new team. Let's take a step back from the ledge. 

5 minutes ago, testycal said:

to put this to bed even he said this already...could Elias simply say that he stands by his original decision not to negotiate until after the season?  So simple...yes he would have to re state his position but that one statement might shut down the trade Elias threads?

Please don't put this to bed, it's far too entertaining. 

Rantanen + Prospect for Petey. Mikko is 6'2" 218lbs & he plays hard. We need that in our top 6. I doubt Colorado does this. If they said yes, take it and run.

Edited by Canucks

45 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

They thought they were better than they are.  But here's the thing. They didn't have to give up anything other than cap space to get him and he's signed long term.  All these proposals are asking for a rebuilding teams top young assets and Pettersson could walk away in a year. The two  situations aren't remotely the same 

So MTL is out because they won't be competing any time soon. 

For fun, Something around Pettersson to Tampa for Cirreli and Cernak (again, I wouldn’t do this, but just a hypothetical).

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Cirreli-Lindholm

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Mikheyev-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Cernak

Soucy-Hronek

Cole-Zadorov

Demko

DeSmith

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

For fun, Something around Pettersson to Tampa for Cirreli and Cernak (again, I wouldn’t do this, but just a hypothetical).

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Cirreli-Lindholm

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Mikheyev-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Cernak

Soucy-Hronek

Cole-Zadorov

Demko

DeSmith

Sorry bruv. I strongly disagree with this proposal. 

• Cheers 1

I would do

Vancouver 

Pettersson 

for 

Buffalo 

Tuch 

Power 

2024 1st 

resign Lindholm

6.75m x 4-5 years 

trade Mikheyev 

resign Hronek, Joshua, Blueger 

Edited by occ78

12 hours ago, BabcocksChin said:

So I for one think Petey will eventually resign. But, i cant say Petey is in Matthew's, Mackinnon, McDavid tier for salary. So If his Salary demands are any higher than 11, I think it may be best to Start weighing our options. Fantastic player, but has he been our MVP this year? I'd say that's reserved for Hughes, Miller and Demko. 

Here we go. 

I mean there should be no shortage of teams interested. We would most likely get an absolute haul for him. 

Anaheim

L.Carlsson
Luneau 
1st 2025
2nd 2024

Columbus 

Fantilli 
Mateychuk 
2025 1st 

Hawks (if they get number 1)

Celebrini
Vlasic
1st Leafs 2025

I also think Sens could be bound for some sort of bold culture move. I think Tkachuk would be a possibility (close friends with Quinn). 

All of these moves may even make us better. While allowing us to allocate the cap properly. 

Thoughts? 

I too think he will re-sign. I don't know what his demands are but the Canucks have a 12M AAV on the table which he has not signed... so maybe higher?

He is not our team MVP but I think teams will pay through the nose to get him. A young (25y/o) center producing at 100 point pace with a 200-foot game.

I think the price based on the Lindholm trade... who is a 29y/o defensive center on an expiring contract and definitely not producing as well as Petey (definitely not apples to apples)... should be a young roster player, a top prospect, a mid-level prospect, a first and a second. (Am I overvaluing him?)

I know many here will get in their feels about the proposal. But for a discussion forum they do try their hardest to step on any discussion. One of the major issues though is, we don't really know who he'd sign with. Contenders make sense, but most of them don't have the pieces I'd care for. Also, I would not trade Petey to a divisional rival for anything other than one of the biggest trades in history. Lol. Say what you will about the guy, but he produces and he produces well. Send him East.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I know many here will get in their feels about the proposal. But for a discussion forum they do try their hardest to step on any discussion. One of the major issues though is, we don't really know who he'd sign with. Contenders make sense, but most of them don't have the pieces I'd care for. Also, I would not trade Petey to a divisional rival for anything other than one of the biggest trades in history. Lol. Say what you will about the guy, but he produces and he produces well. Send him East.

Seems like we are signing him for the long term.