[proposal] - Forget Guentzel. Mikheyev+ for Evander Kane

1. Forget about Guentzel.  Would cost too high quality of a prospect.

2. Mikheyev++ for Evander Kane.

The bad news?  Evander Kane is a lockerroom cancer and a douchebag. The good news?  Kane doesn’t turn into a douchebag and a lockerroom cancer for atleast a couple of years on a new team…….meaning, that we’d get only the positives of Kane for the first two seasons.  Kane would turn into a douche two years later but he’d only have a year left on his contract……and he will have helped us win a cup in 2024.

Buddy is everything that we currently need.

• Confused 1

Make no mistake - Ilya Mikheyev is a solid player who just can't score to save his life.  Evander Kane... can't do anything to save his life right now, including scoring.

image.png.5700fa693516aab2b201816aff713036.png

image.png.2e0b2f0e49433891c955f38b4b61eaf0.png

The dude is a penalty machine.  Our struggling PK will get worked to the bone.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Could Tocchet get him under control? Would Miller put him in his place?

Kane is a talent with size and speed, would be great to get him into the Top 6. He does have a NMC though.

Kane - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Maybe Mikheyev and Di Giuseppe for Kane and a 6th? (or something like that, to make the cap work)

EDM might want to rid themselves of Kane quickly, if he's got issues with Draisaitl. 

• Upvote 1

Like the idea but nah. Too much risk for an aging goal scorer. 

I'd rather keep Mik and see if we can get him going again. Or pair him with a 1st and try to upgrade on that position. 

Lawson Crouse for a 1st round draft pick and Mik would be a dream. Not really sure what Arizona's plan is at this point but if they are still rebuilding then perhaps they would be willing to move off a couple of their guys in their mid 20s. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

1. Forget about Guentzel.  Would cost too high quality of a prospect.

2. Mikheyev++ for Evander Kane.

The bad news?  Evander Kane is a lockerroom cancer and a douchebag. The good news?  Kane doesn’t turn into a douchebag and a lockerroom cancer for atleast a couple of years on a new team…….meaning, that we’d get only the positives of Kane for the first two seasons.  Kane would turn into a douche two years later but he’d only have a year left on his contract……and he will have helped us win a cup in 2024.

Buddy is everything that we currently need.

There was talk yesterday from Ryan Rishaug that Kane is causing waves in the Edmonton locker room now. Apparently unhappy with his 3rd line minutes and having issues with Draisatl....As usual, the real Kane eventually shows up. No thanks, we don't need a locker room cancer, non team player, and guess what, let the Oilers deal with the turmoil, even better for us.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Like the idea but nah. Too much risk for an aging goal scorer. 

I'd rather keep Mik and see if we can get him going again. Or pair him with a 1st and try to upgrade on that position. 

Lawson Crouse for a 1st round draft pick and Mik would be a dream. Not really sure what Arizona's plan is at this point but if they are still rebuilding then perhaps they would be willing to move off a couple of their guys in their mid 20s. 

Agreed that there’d be too much risk, but my question is……..when?

While history has shown the Eastvander is a lockerroom cancer, history has also shown that he’s actually “the consummate professional” (lol) during his first two seasons on a new team. 

If history is of any indication, we wouldn’t see the “real” Evander Kane until 2025-2026……..when he’d be in his final year…….a few years removed from our cup victory. 😛

1 minute ago, Bardown said:

There was talk yesterday from Ryan Rishaug that Kane is causing waves in the Edmonton locker room now. Apparently unhappy with his 3rd line minutes and having issues with Draisatl....As usual, the real Kane eventually shows up. No thanks, we don't need a locker room cancer, non team player, and guess what, let the Oilers deal with the turmoil, even better for us.

Evander Kane is a first class cunt.  Absolutely no argument from me there.

He was a lockerroom cancer in Winnipeg, Buffalo, San Jose, and now Edmonton.   Absolutely no doubt.

However - based on Evander’s history, here is what I think would happen if he came to Vancouver.

1. He would have an immediate positive impact in Vancouver and would want to “stick it” to Edmonton (ie a potential 2nd round opponent)

2. He would help us greatly for this season.

3. Kane wouldn’t become a lockeroom cancer in Vancouver until 2025-2026……which would be the final year of his contract (i.e  we could send him to the minors if he acts like a little shit, lol).  

Bottom line?  I think Evander would help us greatly for this season and unlike Guentzel, he could be potentially had for far cheaper.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

He was a lockerroom cancer in Winnipeg, Buffalo, San Jose, and now Edmonton.   Absolutely no doubt.

However - based on Evander’s history, here is what I think would happen if he came to Vancouver.

1. He would have an immediate positive impact in Vancouver and would want to “stick it” to Edmonton (ie a potential 2nd round opponent)

3. Kane wouldn’t become a lockeroom cancer in Vancouver until 2025-2026……which would be the final year of his contract (i.e  we could send him to the minors if he acts like a little shit, lol).  

Bottom line?  I think Evander would help us greatly for this season and unlike Guentzel, he could be potentially had for far cheaper.

Ya I get your point, just I wouldn't want to risk our locker room and chemistry with that guy. Miller wouldn't put up with his nonsense. Don't rock the boat is my view. And let his cancer spread through the oilers room, helps us in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Evander Kane would likely have an immediate negative impact.  The reason he has lost minutes under Kris Knoblauch is because he lacks the work ethic to be an effective forechecker and takes stupid penalties all the time.  It would be better just to get Phil Kessel, who also cheats defensively but isn't guilty of putting his team shorthanded all the time.  Plus he'll be dirt cheap on a short term.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Evander Kane would likely have an immediate negative impact.  The reason he has lost minutes under Kris Knoblauch is because he lacks the work ethic to be an effective forechecker and takes stupid penalties all the time.  It would be better just to get Phil Kessel, who also cheats defensively but isn't guilty of putting his team shorthanded all the time.  Plus he'll be dirt cheap on a short term.

Kane still has 21 goals this season does he not?

Also, do we not have arguably the best coaching staff in the entire league?

I mean look at what these guys did with Tyler Myers.

Is Kane past his prime, or just a few quick fixes away (from a good coaching staff) to get his game back on track?

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Kane still has 21 goals this season does he not?

Also, do we not have arguably the best coaching staff in the entire league?

I mean look at what these guys did with Tyler Myers.

Is Kane past his prime, or just a few quick fixes away (from a good coaching staff) to get his game back on track?

Alright, so I can tell you haven't really followed Kane and the Oilers much this year.  The man has scored only 15 points in his last 34 games - the bulk of his goals came at the beginning of the year, when they were losing.  Now that Knoblauch's defensive system has set in, he's completely lost his top six spot to Warren Foegele.  Foegele, to his credit, is not offensively gifted like Kane but works his ass off and has been rewarded with more minutes. 

Evander Kane has always been an extremely streaky scorer throughout his career, but right now, he simply lacks the work ethic to play both sides of the ice.  When he's not scoring, Kane is an extremely lazy player who negatively impacts the game when he's not scoring.  He will spear and jab at players and get himself into penalty trouble, like he did last night against the Kings.  You say we have the best coaching staff in the entire league.  He would probably lose his spot on the top six after one game under Tocchet.

What did our coaches do with Tyler Myers?  You tell me - what did they do with Myers?  Did Myers have an attitude problem or a work ethic problem like Evander Kane?  No.  You are misunderstanding what the coaches have done to drive this team to success this year. 

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Make no mistake - Ilya Mikheyev is a solid player who just can't score to save his life.  Evander Kane... can't do anything to save his life right now, including scoring.

image.png.5700fa693516aab2b201816aff713036.png

image.png.2e0b2f0e49433891c955f38b4b61eaf0.png

The dude is a penalty machine.  Our struggling PK will get worked to the bone.

That Mik card is hilarious. 10 goals is better than 87% of the league, 8 primary assists 73%? His EV offence is 57% 69dude nice % finishing. Whaaaaaaat? Sure he doesn't take any penalties because he literally couldn't battle a butterfly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TopChed said:

That Mik card is hilarious. 10 goals is better than 87% of the league, 8 primary assists 73%? His EV offence is 57% 69dude nice % finishing. Whaaaaaaat? Sure he doesn't take any penalties because he literally couldn't battle a butterfly.

Weighted across the last three years - I never get why people miss that part.  As you can see from his trends on the right, his finishing has completely plummeted.  But Miky plays a very solid two-way game.  As for his penalties?  He has drawn 12 penalties for us this season.  Mikheyev earns too much for his lack of scoring, but just because he can't score doesn't mean he's not an effective player on this team.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Alright, so I can tell you haven't really followed Kane and the Oilers much this year.  The man has scored only 15 points in his last 34 games - the bulk of his goals came at the beginning of the year, when they were losing.  Now that Knoblauch's defensive system has set in, he's completely lost his top six spot to Warren Foegele.  Foegele, to his credit, is not offensively gifted like Kane but works his ass off and has been rewarded with more minutes. 

Evander Kane has always been an extremely streaky scorer throughout his career, but right now, he simply lacks the work ethic to play both sides of the ice.  When he's not scoring, Kane is an extremely lazy player who negatively impacts the game when he's not scoring.  He will spear and jab at players and get himself into penalty trouble, like he did last night against the Kings.  You say we have the best coaching staff in the entire league.  He would probably lose his spot on the top six after one game under Tocchet.

What did our coaches do with Tyler Myers?  You tell me - what did they do with Myers?  Did Myers have an attitude problem or a work ethic problem like Evander Kane?  No.  You are misunderstanding what the coaches have done to drive this team to success this year. 

You are correct that I haven’t followed the Oilers this year.

One thing that you’ve highlighted, which I think is an excellent point, is the fact that Kane has struggled under a new system that stresses two way play and accountability. Given that, I think you are correct that there would be a strong likelihood of Kane not fitting well here.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Weighted across the last three years - I never get why people miss that part.  As you can see from his trends on the right, his finishing has completely plummeted.  But Miky plays a very solid two-way game.  As for his penalties?  He has drawn 12 penalties for us this season.  Mikheyev earns too much for his lack of scoring, but just because he can't score doesn't mean he's not an effective player on this team.

I wonder what a line of

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter would look like.

All of these players are exceptional defensively and would have the makings of an excellent shut down line (with some half decent potential to score).  Under a fully healthy line up:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser 

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

The Lotto line would be alpha line while the Garland line would produce secondary scoring.  The Lindholm line would then be our match-ups/shut down line and take on the toughest defensive match ups.  Wondering if something like that could work?

Edited by Jeremy Hronek