[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I don't think it says he will take less.  I think it just says something along the lines of Nylander's deal doesn't have a bearing on his deal and that we'll see once he's signed.

That’s what I read in my limited understanding of Swedish. However, only a native speaker can know for sure. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, TopChed said:

Why is that?

Because I don’t think that’s accurate. 
We can make room for Lindholm. May involve some contracts going out but it’s entirely possible.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Because I don’t think that’s accurate. 
We can make room for Lindholm. May involve some contracts going out but it’s entirely possible.

Sorry I must have miss interpeted you 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, RWJC said:

what also stands out to me is the statement that Lindholm is strictly a rental and unaffordable. 

This has been acknowledged and I think JR/PA said they hope they can extend him.

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Petey make it your no 1 priority to become impossible to knock off the puck… don’t be so soft and easy to play against… and no more disappearing… you aren’t FRODO FFS

lord of the rings GIF

I was looking at Nylander's stats and cap to compare to Petey. Dude is 3 inches shorter and roughly 20 pounds heavier. Makes me so sad. Lol. Petey is a top 3 talent in the league, easy, if he bulked up.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Wing said:

Maybe we need to thank the media for stirring stuff up. Petey not wanting to negotiate during season is causing more of a distraction for him. 

Nope everyone should have just let the man play 

• Like 1

Glad things are progressing, but I hope to the heavens that the cap hit is nowhere near MacKinnon and McDavid. Petey is a good player but he is not in that elite level like those guys where he can consistently carry a team on his back. Keyword consistently.

5 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think hearing the crowd "J T Miller" chant was enough to get Petey moving.

I think his greedy agents told him that not having a contract in place will be a major distraction going into the playoffs.