[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't understand why the folks here are so down on JK? No one's claimed hes Petey.

Lots on here saying the Canucks must trade Garland or Mikheyev as their production doesn’t justify their pay….they both have more points than JK while making essentially the same amount.

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Darius said:

how do Friedman or guys like him manage to get all these details?  I doubt the player or the managers talk to him about it.  Would Rutherford/Allvin leak this sort of stuff on purpose to put even more pressure on?  The agent?

Yes. 

It goes both ways. Player agents intentionally leak things to insiders as well. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't understand why the folks here are so down on JK? No one's claimed hes Petey.

Out in Carolina they were talking about contract buy out. If they do it now, the buy out cap hit will be less than a million.

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks phone didn't start ringing from other organizations now that this has been leaked. 

If the Canucks have listened to one offer they might as well hear from any other franchises that are intrested. 

Yup. Devils are going bad. Jack and Luke have to hate playing in a non hockey market. Devils GM calls and offer both Hughes for Petey + Willander. Does Allvin keep trying to extend Petey or make the deal? 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Lots on here saying the Canucks must trade Garland or Mikheyev as their production doesn’t justify their pay….they both have more points than JK while making essentially the same amount.

I don't think anyone is saying that about garland now.  JK is a solid player having a down year, as many hurricanes are.  He'd be a solid 3C

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Out in Carolina they were talking about contract buy out. If they do it now, the buy out cap hit will be less than a million.

Yup. JK has been awful. Barely plays. He’s pretty much a cap dumperoo (like Kuz was) at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Devils are going bad. Jack and Luke have to hate playing in a non hockey market. Devils GM calls and offer both Hughes for Petey + Willander. Does Allvin keep trying to extend Petey or make the deal? 

Allvin makes the deal before NJD realizes how silly they are for offering that trade.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Really? Has he had that bad a year?

10 goals, 19 assists coming off 28 goals last year.  But he's a good 2way C and is only 23.  Lots of room to develop 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't think anyone is saying that about garland now.  JK is a solid player having a down year, as many hurricanes are.  He'd be a solid 3C

Seems to me his season average, over his career is 35’ish points, so yeah him being on pace for 27 is a tad below what he normally puts out.  You think paying $4.82m for that is good value?

Just now, fanofvan said:

Seems to me his season average, over his career is 35’ish points, so yeah him being on pace for 27 is a tad below what he normally puts out.  You think paying $4.82m for that is good value?

He's 23

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

In his last 5 games he’s only played above 10 minutes once. 10:12 against Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

In his last 5 games he’s only played above 10 minutes once. 10:12 against Buffalo.

Scored 18 last year and is on a similar pace.  More than a few canes are having off years

1 hour ago, 43isprime said:

Uh just some context - when Naslund scored 104 in 2003, that was 98% of what Forsberg scored (led the league with 106).

Pettersson's 102 pts last year gave him about 66% of what Mcdavid scored 🤣🤣🤣

All that proves is that there was no player of McDavids caliber that season…

3 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

And this will be his 6th season in the NHL so it’s not like he’s just finding his way into the league.

He's 23 and is finding his way in the league and on a team that has always had excellent C above him in the lineup.  Nonone would expect him to replace Petey.  If he scored 20 at 3C, I'd be thrilled with that

Miller

Lindholm

JK/Raty

Aman

That's a solid C corp 

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Was playing with Teuro and Necas for parts of last year and had mid production, now it looks like he's on the 4th line getting almost 60% ozone starts. For reference our current 3C gets 37% ozone starts and has more points. Kotkaniemi at nearly 5mil would be a terrible 3C. And he's proven for years now he's not a top 6 guy either. I'd rather wait for them to buy him out and give em a 2 year deal to see what he can do. The buyout cost is 835k, but it stretches to 35/36. So maybe they don't rush that decision too much. Lol. They aren't retaining more than 800k, and they'd need to retain more than that for me to value him at all. Dude is 2mil overpaid. Minimum.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1