[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Was playing with Teuro and Necas for parts of last year and had mid production, now it looks like he's on the 4th line getting almost 60% ozone starts. For reference our current 3C gets 37% ozone starts and has more points. Kotkaniemi at nearly 5mil would be a terrible 3C. And he's proven for years now he's not a top 6 guy either. I'd rather wait for them to buy him out and give em a 2 year deal to see what he can do. The buyout cost is 835k, but it stretches to 35/36. So maybe they don't rush that decision too much. Lol. They aren't retaining more than 800k, and they'd need to retain more than that for me to value him at all. Dude is 2mil overpaid. Minimum.

He's proven that at 23 has he?

Tkachuk Trade:

- 100 Point Forward

- Top 4 Defencemen

- 1st Round Pick

The trade needs to start with Svechnikov or Aho.

Anyways other teams could make better trades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Was playing with Teuro and Necas for parts of last year and had mid production, now it looks like he's on the 4th line getting almost 60% ozone starts. For reference our current 3C gets 37% ozone starts and has more points. Kotkaniemi at nearly 5mil would be a terrible 3C. And he's proven for years now he's not a top 6 guy either. I'd rather wait for them to buy him out and give em a 2 year deal to see what he can do. The buyout cost is 835k, but it stretches to 35/36. So maybe they don't rush that decision too much. Lol. They aren't retaining more than 800k, and they'd need to retain more than that for me to value him at all. Dude is 2mil overpaid. Minimum.

Well said.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Nazi parody on the contract and media.  Don't watch if you are easily offended.  Based on the German movie Downfall. 

Oh man. I haven’t seen this used since 2011. I think this version is even better, lol. Literally LOL’d

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd take Forsberg 😍 over McDavid any day.

Prime Forsberg just might be the most underrated legend of all-time.  I think many fans forget as to just how good peak Forsberg truly was.  Now having said that, I’d probably still take McDavid (22-23 version), but the decision for me would not be easy.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

What I see here is a lot of people going by stat lines that actually haven't watched JK play much

I don’t need to go by stats alone.

I just look at what the Hurricanes fans think. They hope he can become a 3rd line centre at least.

5 million dollars and we have to hope the guy can become a 3rd line centre. No thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I bet the people who say "haven't watched X player play" also haven't watched them play but just like the fantasies they drum up in their head. With some EA potential sprinkled in.

2nd fave team, watch them every chance I get

1 hour ago, stawns said:

JK is a solid players, Jarvis is a legit scorer and who knows about the dman, maybe pesce on condition of signing 

I just don’t see it as value for Petey. All good players in their own right but not something that moves the needle enough to have a conversation imho. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, J-23 said:

I don’t need to go by stats alone.

I just look at what the Hurricanes fans think. They hope he can become a 3rd line centre at least.

5 million dollars and we have to hope the guy can become a 3rd line centre. No thanks.

Well he scored 18 last year, is on pace for close to that this year.  That doesn't seem like solid 3rd line production?  I'd be pretty frickin happy with a 3C that scores 18-20goals, plays a good two-way game, has good size and pretty good in the dot 

Not sure what you're expecting

Just now, Dizzle said:

I just don’t see it as value for Petey. All good players in their own right but not something that moves the needle enough to have a conversation imho. 

You have to look at it in the bigger picture I guess.  Yourd never going to get a Petey level player back for Petey.  But they can use that $ to fill several spots instead of one.  Depth is key

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Well he scored 18 last year, is on pace for close to that this year.  That doesn't seem like solid 3rd line production?  I'd be pretty frickin happy with a 3C that scores 18-20goals, plays a good two-way game, has good size and pretty good in the dot 

This is a fair point… I think most people have expectations of 2nd liners to produce at an actual 1st line rate and the same for 3rd liners to produce at 2nd line rate. 

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Again, based on stat lines and not really watching him play.  Are you under the impression he'd be the focus of a deal?

No, but he’d be a $4.82m center who could probably be out produced by Raty.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

It’s simple really. No cap dumps if there is a Pettersson trade.

Anyways Pettersson looks to be signing an 8 year contract with us if the reports are true. I’m happy with that.

2 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

This is a fair point… I think most people have expectations of 2nd liners to produce at an actual 1st line rate and the same for 3rd liners to produce at 2nd line rate. 

It's not JK would be the focal point of any deal.  They're not trading oetey for JK in this scenario ........he's the depth throw in and that's pretty good for van, imo

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

It’s simple really. No cap dumps if there is a Pettersson trade.

Anyways Pettersson looks to be signing an 8 year contract with us if the reports are true. I’m happy with that.

Cap dump how?  He scored 18 last year and will end up with 15-18 this year.......as a 3C.

4 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

No, but he’d be a $4.82m center who could probably be out produced by Raty.

Or he'd make up a great 3rd line with Raty, giving them solid secondary scoring and two way play for a long time to come

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Or he'd make up a great 3rd line with Raty, giving them solid secondary scoring and two way play for a long time to come

Or he’d continue to produce at a pace of 33 points a year while eating $4.82m in cap space.  Mikheyev has 6 more points in 2 less games and Canucks fans can’t wait to drive him to the airport.

• Vintage 1

Just now, fanofvan said:

Or he’d continue to produce at a pace of 33 points a year while eating $4.82m in cap space.  Mikheyev has 6 more points in 2 less games and Canucks fans can’t wait to drive him to the airport.

You think 23 is his peak?