[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

58 minutes ago, HKSR said:

0.53 GPG difference x 1312 games per season = McDavid is solely responsible for 695 goals.  Math... 🤣

O.53 goals per game per team...so it comes out to about 1.06 total goal each game...so he's in fact responsible for 1390 goals. 

2 hours ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Anyways, Black skate night. Petterson will get a hatty. and 2 assists. And then everyone just shuts up till when the new contract is gonna start

This is not holding up well lmao.

• Tank 1

14 minutes ago, KesLord said:

I'm a big fan of Petey, but if the Hurricane's offer a package that involves Svechnikov... I feel like you HAVE to take it. 

Svech

Necas

1st

for

Petey

Why would they offer that?

Come on now.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, KesLord said:

I'm a big fan of Petey, but if the Hurricane's offer a package that involves Svechnikov... I feel like you HAVE to take it. 

Svech

Necas

1st

for

Petey

That package needs a centre though.  We've got none in the pipeline.

15 minutes ago, KesLord said:

Svech

Necas

1st

for

Petey

Carolina would be absolutely stupid to offer Necas and Svech alone for Petey. Let alone a 1st. Svech alone I'd value higher than Petey. And this isn't a kneejerk reaction thing from the game. Svech is a stud. Health is the only question mark with him for me. Lindholm/Svech, Miller/Boeser. That's a pretty nutty top 6 core. Although I figured Petey and Lindholm would be nutty, but here we are. I do wonder if Lindholm is just better suited to center rather than wing. Instead of being Petey's faceoff taking RWer.

3 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

That package needs a centre though.  We've got none in the pipeline.

You kidding?

If that were offered (which it never would be) Allvin wouldn’t be able to make the trade call fast enough. 

20 minutes ago, KesLord said:

Svech

Necas

1st

for

Petey

What about something around Brady Tkachuk and Ottawa?   

BT wants out and Sens are apparently trying to change their culture.

Petey and Boeser for Tkachuk and Stutzle.

• chaos 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe the offer was good enough to Allvin tell Petey’s agent that they were going to make the deal if a new contract wasn’t signed before the TDL?

And, if that’s the case, then the offer would have to be damn good. So it’s likely Aho +++

Or maybe Pete's asking for a negative value contract? 

I want us to keep Petey and I can be quoted from earlier this year (when he was at about 2ppg) saying it will come in at $12.5x8 and for a clean $100 and we should be thankful. I would be fine with this price and anything less I would consider good value. 

But just because we’re all doing this…

What if Petey’s extension is a sign and trade?

I sure hope not. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

The proposed trade is sarcasm, right?

• ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I'd rather not ruin the chemistry of the one top 6 line actually playing well, and I doubt Ottawa risk Petey just going to arbitration this summer and leaving next summer as a UFA. But Petey for Tkachuk straight up I'd do in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I'd rather not ruin the chemistry of the one top 6 line actually playing well, and I doubt Ottawa risk Petey just going to arbitration this summer and leaving next summer as a UFA. But Petey for Tkachuk straight up I'd do in a heartbeat.

Tkachuk and Stutzle are locked up for the next 13 years combined with a total hit of $16.5m.  Pettersson and Boeser are both potentially two years away from UFA and make $14m combined.  I’m making that trade every day of the week.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Tkachuk and Stutzle are locked up for the next 13 years combined with a total hit of $16.5m.  Pettersson and Boeser are both potentially two years away from UFA and make $14m combined.  I’m making that trade every day of the week.

Yeah, but they aren't. Like I said. Lol.

If he doesn't put pen to paper trade him. 

He's not worth $12 mill. So the contract has to be reasonable for both sides. 

If not possible then time to move on. 

8 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Just listened to Seravelli talking on Toronto radio and he said it’s 100-112m/8 years is what he said the range is of difference. He said he doesn’t believe either side will walk away over .5-1.5m/year. 

This has to be a joke right? anything over 92 seems like way too much.

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

This has to be a joke right? anything over 92 seems like way too much.

The video posted earlier Seravelli said he didn't foresee it getting into 100 million but you never know. Different answers for different markets?