[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

10 hours ago, Dom said:

Watch them play lol how can you tell me they aren't the drizzling shits? 

I wish I could tell you what the solution is... 

I'd probably start by trading Mikheyev and benching Cole the second Soucy gets back. 

What I'd like to see:

Greenway-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Lafferty

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

Suter-Blueger-Duhaime

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Soucy

Myers-Juulsen

Hogs - Miller - Boeser

Vatrano - Petey - Lindholm

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

PDG - Suter - Lafferty

21 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Yeah he's not been good this year, he should be a 3C and was projected as a 2C but he's been average this year, defensively and offensively. 4M for a 4C is crap too. He would come in and be forced to replace Blueger and I don't know if he can, but he has some small potential still there and is obviously very young.

Necas would have to eventually learn how to take faceoffs better and play center but Lindholm can be thrust into the 2C role.

Problem is relying on KK, Necas and Lindholm to do well - that's a lot of risk. We could just keep Petey and hope he'll play better. I think the chances of Petey becoming a better player is much higher than relying on KK, Necas and Lindholm to all be better. Chances are with the first three, one or two will succeed and someone will suck.

I've got a feeling we've got a 100M 8 year deal on the table but some reports say that the contract starts at 12M. I can see us giving him 12.5M in the end which is crazy money but that's just what young 100pt players cost these days to lock up long term. 

I'd like us to re-sign him ASAP too and think his mind will be free again and he'll get back to playing solid hockey. This is a massive distraction and management just have to get it done because we're losing games partially because of it now.

Petey over any of those three any day and three times on Sundays. 

To hope that Lindholm gets better I think is wishful thinking. He's 29 years old, for most players, they are what they are at that age and point in their careers. Miller might be an exception to that rule, as he seems to be getting better as he's turning 31 years old, and is on pace to pass his 99 point season (if he keeps up his current pace of playing). 

7 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I think a trade with Carolina would be great for us if EP dicks around and doesn't sign by tdl.

They could give us two pieces we could use now,plus a prospect or two and a first.That would be a home run.

We could then resign Lindy and others plus go after another player at tdl and have a better team for playoffs and going forward.

I heard on sekeres and price it  was for kotkaniemi, necas a first and a prospect.

Interesting...

Edited by ronning4center

8 hours ago, The Duke said:

Just read Friedman’s piece on this. I wonder if this somewhat explains Petey’s lacklustre play lately.

He clearly wanted to wait until the offseason.  And I actually connect with that - it’s a big nasty discussion and focusing on the season makes sense.

But damn, Rutherford and Allvin aren’t about that kind of patience.  Understandably from their POV as well, with so much contract uncertainty.  And I can see JR not wanting to be jerked around like that, not for anyone. Firing up a trade to Carolina to pressure Petey is such a nutsy move.  On the other hand, I wonder if JR is miscalculating Petey, who seems to be fairly sensitive, IMO at least. 

Overall, I love this from management - just hoping it doesn’t backfire. Also, full credit to Aqualini who I’d say is a huge Pettersson fan - based on him publicly being very pro-signing  him at that press conference. 

What drama. Even as the team stinks it up on the ice lately, they sure are entertaining.

I'm here for it.  I dont like this I'm a superstar ill let you know next year if I think you've lived up to my standards.  JR would definitely not like that attitude.  In fact I really don't remember a player saying things like this.  Maybe Kessler and he got booed for almost ten years after that bulldog move of his.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

I heard on sekeres and price it  was for kotkaniemi, necas a first and a prospect.

Interesting...

That’s not enough compared to what Tkachuk trade got.  Need at least 2nd rd pick as well.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

That’s not enough compared to what Tkachuk trade got.  Need at least 2nd rd pick as well.

well the difference is Florida was on the list of team he’s willing to sign with. Carolina prolly don’t even know if ep is willing to re-sign beyond the 1 year rfa. Kk and necas is no where close to weegar hub at that time. And it’s a late 1st.. if anything Carolina would love for you to take that anchor cap of kk. 4.8m for a 3/4c trending 28 points and you have to HOPE he will improve in a system that doesn’t promote offence 

Sounds like it's 11.25M to 12M. I said in the pre-season it'd be nice to have him at 11.5M, seems like a nice number for him, so hope we get him at around that. If they're just splitting hairs about a few hundred thousand now they might as well just sign the papers and get this done for the greater good of the franchise, fanbase and locker-room. You just know some reporter is going to ask Petey how he feels once it's done and he won't mince his words - he'll say it was a big distraction.

• Like 1

I want to see what the Devil's are willing to give up for EP.

If it was something awesome you just have to take it.

If was decent but didn't blow you out of the water you sign EP asap.I know teams have called as any GM should call.But if you get the deal of a lifetime you must take it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ronning4center said:

Interesting...

I wouldnt do that deal. 

Svechnikov, Kotka, 1st and prospect is more like it. 

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

I wouldnt do that deal. 

Svechnikov, Kotka, 1st and prospect is more like it. 

Well we probably need a C back if we trade Petey so I'm ok with Necas but I don't want Kotkaniemi at all.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Siarrio said:

Well we probably need a C back if we trade Petey so I'm ok with Necas but I don't want Kotkaniemi at all.

Miller/Lindholm/Kotka or Blueger. Necas is good, but Svechnikov is better and that's what it should take for a Pettersson trade. 

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I want to see what the Devil's are willing to give up for EP.

If it was something awesome you just have to take it.

If was decent but didn't blow you out of the water you sign EP asap.I know teams have called as any GM should call.But if you get the deal of a lifetime you must take it.

Devils would Petey for Jack Hughes. They add. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Dom said:

What do you suggest then bud? Cole-Myers? LOL

Earlier in the season, I would have suggested

Soucy-Hronek as a 2nd pairing, and Hughes + (an acquired #2A/#3 calibre d-man) as a top pairing.......but that ship seems to have sailed.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronning4center said:

Interesting...

Empties are saying it was Aho +++. Empties also saying Devils phoned and offered up Jack and Luke Hughes. 
9971A328-E3AC-43FB-BD36-CD11B5F1FFCA.gif.b566aa34872d325ee38e0b3b9c8537b5.gif