[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If he can put on 10lbs between now and his late 20s, he will become a real force out there.  2lbs a year Petey.  You can do it.

No wonder he falls - 6’2” 176… dude is a pencil… 

he need to be 190-200… at least ffs

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

happy enough with it. 

I play fantasy hockey in several keeper leagues here on these forums (enquire if you want to try your hand, we have some vacancies) and I always look at next years cap increase as free money when I am about to re-sign a star player. Taking into account next years 'free money' we landed petey for the same dough as he made this year, plus the free money. hehehe, silly way to view it, but it is my way of saying YESSSS, decent enough deal for a decent enough player. I think we are on track now folks after forty years in the desert, this club has talent to win now, and talent in the minors to win later, and we have all our 2025 draft picks except the third round. 

I am happy today with the team just as i was happy with them yesterday. Great news though. 

almost 25 million to sign Lindholm, Hronek and big Z with along with Dakota Joshua whom I think this team desperately needs on that third line for the next three years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I think 10 more lbs by his late 20s is doable.  He asking him to put on 20+ lbs is asking a lot.  Plus it'll probably throw off his game as his balance and everything will be affected.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Lekker surely needs some time in the AHL, I doubt he slots straight into our top-6 next year. Podkolzin and Raty deserve some call-ups next year for sure. Hoglander has to be a lock for a top-6 winger spot. 

I'm all for letting our waste-of-space Lindholm walk but with that 5-6M we really should focus on our defence if we're losing two 20 minute guys.

notWebP

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

$11.6m when Petey hits his late 20s is gonna look pretty darn good IMO.  

Now we need to sort out Hronek.  Hopefully he leaves a little bit on the table too.

My guess, Hronek gets 8x7.25 aav

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

notWebP

That's one. We'll still need another.

I'd quite like to give Skeij 5-6M. Pesce or Roy would be nice too. 

Tanev replaces Cole's 18-19ish minutes but we'll need someone solid to make up our 2nd shutdown pairing with Zadorov.

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

He’s more like 185-190 now. That weight is from his rookie year 

he needs to add leg and core strength. He’s training wrong 

Edited by Bardown
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

MacKinnon is the clear cut #1 or #1A player on his team alongside Makar.  You can play MacKinnon with pretty much anyone and his line is a threat almost every single time.  MacKinnon, as of this writing, has surpassed 100 points. The guy us a clear cut Franchise superstar with a Cup to his name.

I love Petey, and we have seen flashes of franchise potential (i.e. first 10 games of this season + 2nd half of 21/22 season, etc.), but there's too many stretches where he's been non-existent.  He has one goal in his last 10 games right now.  He's the 4th best player on the Canucks right now.  

With respect, Petey is a lot more than $1m behind Mackinnon at current imo.  

I like Petey and see potential, but he'll need to step up if he wants to earn his new Franchise level contract.  

i agree with everything in your post about petey verse mackinnon; however, I think age (and still potential) along with cap expected to rise plays into why the numbers are close. 

petey certainly needs to prove his worth consistently. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Gurn said:

Fake news.

I have it on firm authority, from multiple posters that Petey will not negotiate or sign until the off season.

All else is just cruel supposition.

Yup. He's sticking to his word. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

That's one. We'll still need another.

I'd quite like to give Skeij 5-6M. Pesce or Roy would be nice too. 

Tanev replaces Cole's 18-19ish minutes but we'll need someone solid to make up our 2nd shutdown pairing with Zadorov.

Pesce would be great but don't think we can afford him AND Tanev.

I wouldn't hate bringing Cole back for a bit less either

Hughes, Tanev/Hronek

Cole, Tanev/Hronek

Soucy, Zadorov 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think 10 more lbs by his late 20s is doable.  He asking him to put on 20+ lbs is asking a lot.  Plus it'll probably throw off his game as his balance and everything will be affected.

So what you are saying, is at 196lbs he would be falling just as much….

• Haha 1