[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

45 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Lol furious? Him waiting till summer was fine, him signing early is a bonus. I'm right because I wasn't worried while y'all tried to make me feel bad for not being worried. Essentially, exactly what you just tried to do again.

So I say again, Mr. dangles, eat my butt.

Rationalise it any way you want. It just comes across as stubborn and immature when you can't see your own faults.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

If McKinnon signed this year he's making 13-14 million per season.  So your POV is also incorrect.

Yeah, you can’t compare a contract signed during flat cap times to one where it’s going up 4 mil or whatever and looks to be going up every season after.

Petey’s agent would laugh you out of the room. 

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I see someone else responded regarding the tax discussion. The other important factor for players doing it is that the signing bonuses get paid up front to start the year and money now is better than money later...especially when it comes to any lockouts that may happen.

He wanted the up front bonus money ($12 mill fist season) so that he could afford to buy a home in Vancouver. 

Housing market is no joke here. LOL

Frank Seravelli.... 

I think it starts with a 12. I don’t know it’s $12.5, $12.25, $12.75 — either way, it’s going to be significant.

Suck it frank!

David Pagnotta...

Canucks made an eight-year contract offer to Pettersson worth $12 million per season at the start of the 2023-24 season.

Sure they did... goof!

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bardown said:

I think Lindholm won’t be re-signed. He hasn’t shown he fits in the top 6 and will be too expensive for a 3c. 

I mean it depends. He's ufa so he can talk to anyone he wants and figure out what the market will bare for him. Maybe there's a reality check there and his number comes down into a range where it does make sense to resign him. 

Points aside I'd rather Lindholm 1.5m more than Mikheyev if we can find a way to move MIk without taking cap back in the off season. 

• Like 2

I'm glad Petey is locked in for the next 8 years. He's an elite Top 10 player in the league IMO. Canucks will also have him in his prime, when he gets there. Petey is still youngish and he will fill out a bit over time. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I know, that wasn't the point of the comment 😂 

I can't wait to see the proposals to "get us out" from this contract over the next 16 months. 

Unfortunately, you are 100% correct. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

5 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Frank Seravelli.... 

I think it starts with a 12. I don’t know it’s $12.5, $12.25, $12.75 — either way, it’s going to be significant.

Suck it frank!

David Pagnotta...

Canucks made an eight-year contract offer to Pettersson worth $12 million per season at the start of the 2023-24 season.

Sure they did... goof!

The best pile of tripe was this, making the rounds a few weeks bac:

"Murley said we shouldn't be surprised if the 25-year-old Petterson tried to make his way to the Blackhawks to play with Connor Bedard. He added that there was also a lot of talk about Nylander, 27, heading to the Windy City."

https://thehockeynews.com/news/rumor-tying-pettersson-and-nylander-to-the-chicago-blackhawks-drew-attention-to-end-2023

the guy looks giddy with relief. 

he projects such a confident facade, and there's truth to it, but he's human like the rest of us after all. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

The best pile of tripe was this, making the rounds a few weeks bac:

"Murley said we shouldn't be surprised if the 25-year-old Petterson tried to make his way to the Blackhawks to play with Connor Bedard. He added that there was also a lot of talk about Nylander, 27, heading to the Windy City."

https://thehockeynews.com/news/rumor-tying-pettersson-and-nylander-to-the-chicago-blackhawks-drew-attention-to-end-2023

Pipe dream from Blackhawks supporters not wanting to endure 5 years of pain.

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Only a 13 game sample in Vancouver over one month, February. He has a half a point per game in that time while adjusting to new team, new linemates, new city, juggling his personal life to fit the new reality, et cetera. I will see how his last month of the season goes before making such a judgement. 

For sure, and I think the playoffs matter too, but so far he’s not been as we had hoped. I think that’s a fair assessment 

Edited by Bardown

2 minutes ago, tas said:

he projects such a confident facade, and there's truth to it, but he's human like the rest of us after all. 

he’s still the alien

• Upvote 2

Just now, tas said:

I do think he struggles with talking to the media at times though. Seems to be kind of introverted.

Thats why I think alot of the stuff he was saying was scripted from his agents. 

57 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I see this comment come up periodically and wanted to put a little bit of perspective on this particular topic. While focusing on just points is a simplistic perspective, it is still illustrative. The table below summarizes the number of 100+ points seasons for all players over their entire careers. Assuming Petey will do so about 6 - 8 times in his career (last year, this year and the next 3 or 4), it would put him in some elite company. 

By no way am I implying Petey equals some of the players on the list clocking in at 6 seasons in all facets of the game (i.e., Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Messier, Crosby, etc. ) ... just stating should Petey achieve 6 - 8 seasons with 100+ pts, we would have a pretty decent offensive player by anyone's metric. 

Reveal hidden contents
Player # 100 pt seasons
Wayne Gretzky 15
Mario Lemieux 10
Marcel Dionne 8
Mike Bossy 7
Peter Stastny 7
Steve Yzerman 6
Connor McDavid 6
Phil Esposito 6
Bobby Orr (D) 6
Guy Lafleur 6
Jari Kurri 6
Bryan Trottier 6
Dale Hawerchuk 6
Mark Messier 6
Sidney Crosby 6
Joe Sakic 6
Jaromir Jagr 5
Paul Coffey (D) 5
Denis Savard 5
Adam Oates 4
Teemu Selanne 4
Brett Hull 4
Leon Draisaitl 4
Luc Robitaille 4
Michel Goulet 4
Alexander Ovechkin 4
Bernie Federko 4
Bernie Nicholls 3
Nikita Kucherov 3
Doug Gilmour 3
Joe Thornton 3
Mark Recchi 3
Bobby Clarke 3
Ron Francis 3
Evgeni Malkin 3
Jeremy Roenick 3
Glenn Anderson 3
Mike Rogers 3
Pat LaFontaine 2
Pierre Turgeon 2
Kent Nilsson 2
Alexander Mogilny 2
Kevin Stevens 2
Sergei Fedorov 2
Peter Mahovlich 2
Darryl Sittler 2
Peter Forsberg 2
Barry Pederson 2
Gilbert Perreault 2
Dave Taylor 2
Pavel Bure 2
Patrick Kane 2
Jean Ratelle 2
Matthew Tkachuk 2
Paul Kariya 2
Jimmy Carson 2
Dino Ciccarelli 2
Dany Heatley 2
Ken Hodge 2
Rick Middleton 2
Charlie Simmer 2
Theoren Fleury 2
Dennis Maruk 1
Johnny Bucyk 1
Rob Brown 1
Johnny Gaudreau 1
Jonathan Huberdeau 1
Eric Lindros 1
Bobby Smith 1
Mats Sundin 1
David Pastrnak 1
Bill Barber 1
Henrik Sedin 1
Pierre Larouche 1
Nathan MacKinnon 1
John Cullen 1
Joe Mullen 1
Mats Naslund 1
Jason Robertson 1
Rick Tocchet 1
Kirill Kaprizov 1
Vincent Lecavalier 1
Bob MacMillan 1
Guy Chouinard 1
Bobby Hull 1
Vic Hadfield 1
Craig Janney 1
Hakan Loob 1
Auston Matthews 1
Steven Stamkos 1
Neal Broten 1
John Ogrodnick 1
Mikko Rantanen 1
Steve Shutt 1
Markus Naslund 1
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins 1
Jean Pronovost 1
Daniel Sedin 1
Doug Weight 1
Daniel Alfredsson 1
Mike Bullard 1
Gordie Howe 1
Al MacInnis (D) 1
Jacques Richard 1
Mike Gartner 1
Claude Giroux 1
Joe Juneau 1
Brian Leetch (D) 1
Elias Pettersson 1
Brendan Shanahan 1
Martin St. Louis 1
Brent Sutter 1
Nicklas Backstrom 1
Erik Karlsson (D) 1
Steve Larmer 1
Paul MacLean 1
Denis Potvin (D) 1
Marian Hossa 1
Rick MacLeish 1
Brad Marchand 1
Rene Robert 1
Eric Staal 1
Blaine Stoughton 1
John Tonelli 1

That list is perfect in saying he is in the superstar group. Those players are all superstars...

Can't believe the stick he has had bearing in mind he would be the first Canuck player with more than 1 100point season and he is STILL ONLY 25. 
total collapse aside this contract is gonna look good in 3-4 years. Book it. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I do think he struggles with talking to the media at times though. Seems to be kind of introverted.

Thats why I think alot of the stuff he was saying was scripted from his agents. 

what he was saying was way less important to me than the way he was saying it. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1