[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

4 minutes ago, tas said:

the guy looks giddy with relief. 

he projects such a confident facade, and there's truth to it, but he's human like the rest of us after all. 

The fact he wants to be a canuck basically for his career earns respect from me.

Happy to have him back. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Only a 13 game sample in Vancouver over one month, February. He has a half a point per game in that time while adjusting to new team, new linemates, new city, juggling his personal life to fit the new reality, et cetera. I will see how his last month of the season goes before making such a judgement. 

And playoffs--it's all about the playoffs. If he delivers there, that's what will count.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

29 minutes ago, BPA said:

So Hronek next to get a deal done.  He’s projected to get 58pts this season.  So thinking about $7M to get him resigned.

Lindholm (maybe) to be resigned.  BUT rumours were $8-9M cap hit.  Sorry but he’s nowhere near that.  His stats shows he’s a 50-60pt player.  So around $6M or let him walk.

Zads brings the toughness on D.  Avgs 15-20pts.  Probably a 4-5 D pairing.  So about $4M to resign him. 

Joshua.  Excellent 3rd line big winger.  Possibly a 30pt player.  Late bloomer though.  Thinking $2.5M

I think they should lock in Boeser early, so they have realistic numbers to sign everyone else this summer. There is no rush now, but keeping Demko and Brock as part of the CORE over the next 6 years should be the main focus, with the CAP issues and OEL penalty 2 million next season, 4 million after that.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

He needs to take advice from the twins and get his fitness up and be tougher on the boards.  He's been better compared to earlier yrs for sure, but he still has another level to go. 

Agreed, should work out with Hoggy. Working on his core strength is a must.

• Like 1

I'm so glad this is done. Petey can truly focus on his play now and the team has certainty going into the trade deadline. 

11.6M is great value for us at 8 yr. He could ask for 12M+ but they settled something just below it. Sure it's not a big difference, but to me it's not just the number, it's the perception that players will take less to stay in Vancouver unlike the *cough*. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

57 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Lol furious? Him waiting till summer was fine, him signing early is a bonus. I'm right because I wasn't worried while y'all tried to make me feel bad for not being worried. Essentially, exactly what you just tried to do again.

So I say again, Mr. dangles, eat my butt.

Also, no one tried to "make you feel bad"... rather a ton of people tried to explain to you why you were blatantly wrong. They were very patient trying to help you, yet you still couldn't understand basic logic. 

Then you post today requesting that all the people who tried to explain things to you should "eat your butt". 

So basically you were alone in your way of thinking a few days ago, and now you call out all the people who were actually right.

Petey did the thing everyone else wanted him to do, and said he should do, and provided reasons why signing was the right thing, and you defended why he shouldn't sign. 

Now he changed his mind and made the right decision. That makes you look silly, yet you double down and remain so far in the wrong it's basically comical at this point. You're losing a lot of credibility.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I do think he struggles with talking to the media at times though. Seems to be kind of introverted.

Thats why I think alot of the stuff he was saying was scripted from his agents. 

Pettersson's never seemed to like dealing with the media, and likely doesn't any more than he has to

Which is fine, it ain't for everyone

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Frank Seravelli.... 

I think it starts with a 12. I don’t know it’s $12.5, $12.25, $12.75 — either way, it’s going to be significant.

Suck it frank!

David Pagnotta...

Canucks made an eight-year contract offer to Pettersson worth $12 million per season at the start of the 2023-24 season.

Sure they did... goof!

It's like they are just guessing or something haha

1 minute ago, Wing said:

I'm so glad this is done. Petey can truly focus on his play now and the team has certainty going into the trade deadline. 

11.6M is great value for us at 8 yr. He could ask for 12M+ but they settled something just below it. Sure it's not a big difference, but to me it's not just the number, it's the perception that players will take less to stay in Vancouver unlike the *cough*. 

IF and big IF he keeps improving and finds the Selke vote play from last year, 11.6 is a bargain in a few years. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

If McKinnon signed this year he's making 13-14 million per season.  So your POV is also incorrect.  Also, Mackinnon never hit 100 points when he signed your so called discount.

Huh? You can't be serious? 

image.png.980a8b2fe9dca16a5575d48e6e519146.png

You're going to split hairs over 99, 97 in 74, 93 in 69 point seasons well over 100point pace and the year he signs 88 in 65  oh ya and a cup. Then you claim he's a 14million dollar player which was basically my point, but argue with me that he didn't take a discount. You're all over the place bud. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Wing said:

I honestly thought he’d go the 4-5 yr route like Mathew’s. Then sign the big retirement contract at 29-30. Glad we got him signed for the 8.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Also, no one tried to "make you feel bad"... rather a ton of people tried to explain to you why you were blatantly wrong. They were very patient trying to help you, yet you still couldn't understand basic logic. 

Then you post today requesting that all the people who tried to explain things to you should "eat your butt". 

So basically you were alone in your way of thinking a few days ago, and now you call out all the people who were actually right.

Petey did the thing everyone else wanted him to do, and said he should do, and provided reasons why signing was the right thing, and you defended why he shouldn't sign. 

Now he changed his mind and made the right decision. That makes you look silly, yet you double down and remain so far in the wrong it's basically comical at this point. You're losing a lot of credibility.

I would prefer not to “eat his butt” 😂 

35 minutes ago, BPA said:

Zads brings the toughness on D.  Avgs 15-20pts.  Probably a 4-5 D pairing.  So about $4M to resign him

Tocchet only plays him 17 minutes a night. That's #6 on our team, that contract is most likely some of the fat that has to be trimmed with the OEL penalty coming. He's a nice luxury for now.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1