[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

My thoughts.   Great movie.   Why does Nicholson do crazy so well.   We can wait a couple years, and find out how nuts this deal is. 

One Flew over the coocoo’s nest I believe? Ya powerful disturbing film 

ya he still has some maturing to do… he’s only 25

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

It’s a good thing he dressed up for the occasion…

He probably just came from the locker room before practice. We’re gonna grill him for his attire now?

Give the guy a break.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

EP Miller Boeser

DJ Blueger Garland

Mik/xx Suter Hogs

PDG Aman Bains/xx

QH Hronek

Soucy xx

Xx Juulsen

Demko

Desmith

You've got no 2nd line

This years 3rd is our 2nd

This years 4th is our 3rd

Spare parts are our 4th

Only 2 top 4 D

It's a pretty spare line up which is why I'm calling it a non-playoff team.  I don't have quite as pessimistic of view

Suffice to say that Allvin has his work cut out for him to ice a team next year.  I think they'll take a step back before they get another shot at the cup but once prospects like Lekkerimaki, Willander, D Petey, and Podkolzin etc are ready, then they'll be back.

This season's point totals don't support your rationale:

EP, Miller, and Boeser all score like high end first liners (top 25 in the league)

Garland, JD, Mik, and Hogs are all scoring like low end 2nd liners (top 196 forwards).

Mgmt will have to decide if players like Hogs, DJ, and Garland can do better with more playing time (e.g. PP time etc). If they don't think they can then mgmt will walk from a number of the current UFAs and look to fill roles with different players.

But, based on this season's point totals the following top two lines would consist of three 1st liners and three 2nd liners.

Hogs Miller Boeser

DJ EP Garland

Suter and Blueger are scoring at a high end 3rd line rate. 

Edited by NoCupSyndrome
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He probably just came from the locker room before practice. We’re gonna grill him for his attire now?

Give the guy a break.

Dude the dude needs to take this more seriously…

11.6 million reasons 

He’s a roll model to millions of impressionable children 

Dude shoulda worn a suit and tie 

with much cash comes much responsibility….

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

It's pretty apparent.

With the way things unfolded im pretty confident that we have a pretty clear picture. ...

From Petterssons own words of no negotiations this year and then the reports of the CAR trade talk to starting negotiations to getting a deal done all within 4 or 5 days.. 

Pretty sure all the reports not only in local media but national media weren't invented by reporters for clicks..

If there was no truth to it the Canucks from ownership to JR down to the coaches would be irate and all over the media letting their feelings be known...

Yes....media never makes up things.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

But but but the cap is rising 100+ cha cha cha Sedins signed for 7m at that age am I doing this right cff? 

regardless of the fact that of course he isn't retiring at 32 and you haven't factored into your hypothetical whatever that theoretical contract would look like speculatively in concocted anecdotes.

I think  the only real push back I would give you is that teams get stale. We probaly shouldnt try to sign everyone for life. I think we are discussing a few hundred K. I would like to get Hronek at 7.8m for 5 years. If the entire core is on long term deals we can probably fire our GM and just run the team on sim mode. 

If we offer him 5 years he walks. Someone will offer him that amount for 7 imho 

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I didn't say they expected the cap to stay flat forever, but at the time Mac signed his deal there was absolutely no indication on if/when the cap would start increasing significantly, so signing him at 15ish% for that cap made perfect sense. Mac was also 28 when his new deal kicked in, Petey is 25 when his new deal kicks in so that needs to be taken into account as you are "buying" more prime years.

Mackinnon is at 1.12 PPG for his career, Petey is at 1.03 PPG. At the age of 25, if you remove Mackinnon's 18 & 19 year and start at his age 20 year, the same age Petey started playing in the NHL, Mack's PPG between Age 20-25 was 1.07. 1.07 PPG is not that much more than Petey's current 1.03. Mackinnon has taken off in the last couple of years.

We can expect Petey to get even better as he matures, just like most stars do, and just like Mackinnon did.

There is a year difference in age when their extensions were signed. Mac had a cup to bring with him to the table. So lets say we use the 3 years leading up to Mac's extension 246points in 182 games decent sample considering it's a what have you done lately league. Thats 1.35PPG  110 consistent point average.

Now EP ooh 245 points thats fun!!

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

In 222 games. Oh so sorry thats 90 points average.  No cups not his fault but Mac sure had on at the table. Now should I start to compare some other stats like primary assists?  Or 5v5? or are we good I don't really need to cherry pick to illustrate to you that Pete today doesn't have the negotiating power that Mac did when he signed his extension do I? I dont want to do that I love Pete. Fucking stoked we have him for a long time. 

4 hours ago, The Duke said:

Maybe, but my list would be:

1) Hronek

2) The rest of the defence

Whether that includes Zadorov, Cole, Myers, Friedman… I think we need to keep an open mind.  Upgrades are going to come at a huge cost - and we do have Willander in the wings ~2 years out.  

Older guys like Myers or Cole (playing his off-hand) could keep his seat warm on a short term, reasonable AAV deal while maintaining the burliness of the back end.  I’m not saying there aren’t better fits out there.. but I won’t be upset if we bring most of the same pieces back.

It is time for some young guys to arise.That is the only way to keep high end talent.I have no patience for Myers.When he play he play,but when is off it is brutal

• Like 1

Oof finally.  This one was going to start a Civil War.   I feel good about this one not the dreaded 12 and not the lottery 10... it was nice seeing him humble and human in the interview.  I'm ok all around on this one.  On to the next...

Though I'm all for a bargain, the main aspect of this signing is the term. To me this shows unequivocally that Petey is loyal to the cause with our Canucks. He's made his choice, and it's with us. Probably has been all along. But he sure hides it well, doesn't he.

11.6mil is less than the rumours of 12-13mil.  I don't know what the starting point was, nor the counter offer from JR/PA. I'm sure they met somewhere at that number 'cuz it works for both parties. Is it team friendly? Without knowing what was said in the negotiations, we'll never really know. But if most of you figure Petey gave thought to a "team first" mentality, then I'm with y'all feeling it is team friendly. All I can say is..............

Go Canucks Go!!!!!:towel:

2 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Allvin will acquire more players - the dude has a plan im sure… the dude is a wizard 

lord of the rings laughing GIF

He can acquire all the players he want the poster said dj and garland HAVE to be the 2nd line if they are your 2nd line this team is in trouble 

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Cant be bothered to read through this entire thread.

What is the consensus?

Are most happy or not? 

What matters are you happy? You’re own opinion is what matters

• Wiener 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The best part from today is that I don't have to change my username or my avatar...   😊

I always pretend that you are Elias Pettersson 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

What matters are you happy? You’re own opinion is what matters

Thank you, now can you tell everyone else that.

I mean, that is exactly what I have always thought. My opinion is that only one that should matter,

Just now, Jaimito said:

I dont do twitter...plus I was wondering about CFF. How are we, the most important Canucks fans, feeling?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

They told him piss or get off the pot..

Why are you so determined that Rutherford issued an ultimatum when the GM, the player and the agent all said how pleased they were with the deal and how it came about? Don't discount the agent, who helped Petey understand that the team needed some indication about Petey's intent before the deadline. Not every negotiation is an armed battle. In this case, both parties were able to QUICKLY agree on a deal that makes everybody happy. I seriously doubt any kind of ultimatum was offerred.

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Cheers 3

56 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Dude the dude needs to take this more seriously…

11.6 million reasons 

He’s a roll model to millions of impressionable children 

Dude shoulda worn a suit and tie 

with much cash comes much responsibility….

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Cinnamon or dinner?

I'm sensing some tongue in cheek stuff here....at least I hope so.

• Haha 1