[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

2 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Pretty sure it was his contract that gave Nylander a fat head and he followed suit. Now they are in that mess and we'll soon be in our own with other players we'll need going forward.

how are we ever in the same boat as toronto?? like are you guys delusional? the biggest problem with toronto was they invested in "3" forwards at close to 11mil each and their top 4 this year makes a combine 41million.. what does the top 4 of the canucks make? 34.1mil this season.. and then next season? they have 4 forwards 46.65 mil

what's the canucks top 4 forward making?? 26.1 with boeser and then say add another 7 or 8mil player.. that's 34mil.. 12mil less than what toronto is spending to put on defence and other areas.. if u add in reilly then they are paying 54 mil for 5 players.. we add in hughes?? we are paying a little over 40mil.. 14mil difference to put into other areas.. 

by comparison we are still paying less than what vegas pays for their top 3 players even if u factor in EP's increase so i don't know what people are smoking when they are saying EP will put us in same situation as toronto and edmonton and have no fuking clue what they are talking about

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

I'll revisit this when he gets rag dolled in the playoffs.

He could have got more but I was hoping he would sign for less than this. He wants to win and he has said so much but this contract does handicap the team in signing and resigning other players no matter how you look at it. I do believe he will be worth this kind of $ in the near future. 

8 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

He could have got more but I was hoping he would sign for less than this. He wants to win and he has said so much but this contract does handicap the team in signing and resigning other players no matter how you look at it. I do believe he will be worth this kind of $ in the near future. 

It's not the players job to worry about other teammates contract situations, the player maximizes his personal value and management maximize the value for the entire team

Edited by N7_Gyoza

6 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Media will be non-stop on ...

HRONEK

HRONEK

HRONEK

HRONEK

HRONEK

HRONEK

HRONEK

HRONEK

HRONEK 

gioated-family-guy.gif

He's worth 7.5-8m It will be leaked that he wants 8-9m then he will sign for 7.8m and it will be a "discount" according to everyone and MGMT are super amazing wizards. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I love this.

I think he meant "show your hand" but we'll get him to the poker table soon enough.

Pretty sure the precise term is "show all your cards". I'll meet ya both at Parq later k? ; )

6 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

It's not the players job to worry about other teammates contract situations, the player maximizes his personal value and management maximize the value for the entire team

Do you think this was a big hometown discount? I don't think it was and this is my option. Clearly what I was saying is if he really wants to win he signs for a little bit less so the team can do more. Never said it was his job...

Just now, Sneakystink said:

Do you think this was a big hometown discount? I don't think it was and this is my option. Clearly what I was saying is if he really wants to win he signs for a little bit less so the team can do more. Never said it was his job...

He did sign for a little bit less though.

How much extra is he supposed to sign for?

A mil less than market value is more than reasonable.

10 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

He's worth 7.5-8m It will be leaked that he wants 8-9m then he will sign for 7.8m and it will be a "discount" according to everyone and MGMT are super amazing wizards. 

i honestly don't think he's worth 7.5-8 maybe closer to 6.5-7 but he will get 7.5-8 for sure. at 7.5-8mil they should be able to anchor their own pairing i view him as more of a good complimentary partner of hughes that's piggy riding on the production

8 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

No I don't, and I don't think JT or Quinn took a discount. I believe they are fair market value deals at the time they were signed.

Edited by N7_Gyoza

1 minute ago, N7_Gyoza said:

No I don't, and I don't think JT or Quinn too a discount. I believe they are fair market value deals at the time they were signed.

True. It does set the bar tho for Quinn and he's much more of a dynamic/impact player. Wonder what that contract looks like when he's due

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

He’s already performed well in one playoff. And since has gotten stronger and better at both ends of the ice 

not sure why you’re worried. Can he get stronger? Yup and he needs to 

but in 17 playoff games he has 18pts

not many players are a ppg in the playoffs dude 

Pretty sure he will get stronger in the future as well - look at Crosby (and his leg strength) or ex Canucks like Stetcher / Biega as the years have gone by. Bit of work in the off season - should be fine.

I do think the type of line mate he plays will have a huge effect on any success though - right now, still a "revolving door" but hopefully he gets some stability in the next while - think he's a play maker first so will need a finisher and some grinding type on his line (which explains some success with the Lotto line).  Up to the coach to see what works in the remaining 20 games. 

On another matter, what is happening with the favorites tonight - Vegas, Bruins, Avs and even the Bolts (tied with Canadiens) - strange night of hockey.

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

True. It does set the bar tho for Quinn and he's much more of a dynamic/impact player. Wonder what that contract looks like when he's due

It's going to be a very high number that's for sure, luckily we won't have to worry about that for a few more years haha.

16 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i honestly don't think he's worth 7.5-8 maybe closer to 6.5-7 but he will get 7.5-8 for sure. at 7.5-8mil they should be able to anchor their own pairing i view him as more of a good complimentary partner of hughes that's piggy riding on the production

Omg but does he drive play? 

🤣

Let's fire this up. 

• Haha 1