[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

5 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

I'm going to sign off, but I just wanted to point out the lack of objectivity in evaluating Pettersson here and especially in the media over the course of this season. I really hope that people start holding Pettersson to a higher standard next year, not just in terms of points totals, but also consistency. And I hope he has a great year and outplays his contract.

Mostly, I hope the team builds on this incredible year, and that we all have lots to cheer about in the coming years.

He was playing hurt. End of story.

• Cheers 1

I've been very hard on Petey the last little while, but I'm gonna hold back until we see 2 things happen:

1.  Petey back to 100% health.  A knee injury for a guy that centres his game around quick pivots to elude defenders is a major blow for his offensive game.

2. A legitimate and CONSISTENT top 6 forward to be acquired to play next to him.  I was one of those that downplayed the importance because of Hoglander's game this past year, but realistically, if PA/JR have made it explicitly clear that they are specifically looking for a top 6F, that tells me they see that the hole on Petey's line is one of the biggest priorities this offseason.

Now IF the above 2 are fulfilled and we still see a 60 point forward in Petey, we will all have a lot to complain about.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I see the same poster is still finding ways to shit on Petey.  Like do you even have anything else to contribute to this website?

He got destroyed months ago so now he wants his "revenge" because he can't handle being wrong. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

He got destroyed months ago so now he wants his "revenge" because he can't handle being wrong. 

I literally destroyed him all by myself one day.  He didn't even bother to respond afterwards.  Now I see he is doing the same thing again in this thread.  I couldn't be bothered to waste my time with him anymore.  He seems to have a "crush" on Petey, it's literally the only thing he talks about...

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

Not only that, but notice how he had a friend or an alt account upvote each of his posts? Someone with literally 0 posts.

At least he's provided me with a laugh I guess. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • ThereItIs 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Half the team was playing hurt

I guess you've never had tendonitis in your knee before.  It can be quite debilitating, to the point where you can't even walk.  That's quite different than having a bum shoulder.  For a player who is supposed to be skating and trying to catch McDavid and Draisaitl, knee tendonitis can be considered a major injury.

Also, there have been NFL football players that had to retire because of chronic knee tendonitis.  So it's actually a serious medical condition...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I guess you've never had tendonitis in your knee before.  It can be quite debilitating, to the point where you can't even walk.  That's quite different than having a bum shoulder.  For a player who is supposed to be skating and trying to catch McDavid and Draisaitl, knee tendonitis can be considered a major injury...

I've had tendinitis before and it's not fun. I couldn't walk for a good couple of weeks. Makes me a little surprised he could even skate through all of that but I guess there's also varying degrees of it?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I've had tendinitis before and it's not fun. I couldn't walk for a good couple of weeks. Makes me a little surprised he could even skate through all of that but I guess there's also varying degrees of it?

There are varying degrees for sure.  I know an NFL player that had to retire because of it.  I'm assuming Petey was taking something to have the swelling go down.  He admitted it got worse as time went on, so it was probably serious enough that he shouldn't have been playing.  You could tell his skating was affected.  He didn't have the same explosiveness as during the beginning of the year.  And he was falling down alot more than his usual self...

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not only that, but notice how he had a friend or an alt account upvote each of his posts? Someone with literally 0 posts.

At least he's provided me with a laugh I guess. lol

oh be careful with this haha, already was called out by this mystery poster in a private message for daring to mention it.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I literally destroyed him all by myself one day.  He didn't even bother to respond afterwards.  Now I see he is doing the same thing again in this thread.  I couldn't be bothered to waste my time with him anymore.  He seems to have a "crush" on Petey, it's literally the only thing he talks about...

how could you not have a crush on Petey? His long pale limbs, whispy blonde hair, intense gaze. I'm swooning as we speak.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

oh be careful with this haha, already was called out by this mystery poster in a private message for daring to mention it.

"Calling you out" rather than providing proof on being a different person is only evidence for it to be true. You saw through his tactics and he responded in fear basically.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

7 hours ago, 43isprime said:

I'm going to sign off, but I just wanted to point out the lack of objectivity in evaluating Pettersson here and especially in the media over the course of this season. I really hope that people start holding Pettersson to a higher standard next year, not just in terms of points totals, but also consistency. And I hope he has a great year and outplays his contract.

Mostly, I hope the team builds on this incredible year, and that we all have lots to cheer about in the coming years.

There’s nothing wrong w what you said in this post specifically.  Petey himself said he had a “sh*t” year.  He’s a driven athlete so Im not worried.

As an aside:

Some of the criticism about his injury to “man up” is totally unfair imo.  People handle / experience pain differently. I had a knee injury (meniscus damage I think-not officially diagnosed) I tried to compete through in my boxing days until finally I decided being 100% is a lot better than not being at my best.  I wasn’t making millions of dollars either but my point is regardless of what other people think, youre not in Petey’s shoes.  If he’s being genuine and honest about his experience that should be the end of it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

"Calling you out" rather than providing proof on being a different person is only evidence for it to be true. You saw through his tactics and he responded in fear basically.

Could be. Timeline makes sense as well, messages were only a couple minutes apart. Kinda weird, but whatever, no skin off my ass.

Patterson frustrated me this year, but I didn’t really complain about it. I figured he had to be injured now that we hear he had tendinitis in his knee that’s acceptable ,for the guy saying he’s inconsistent and he didn’t elevate people I’d argue he did even through his injury, hoglander and others had career years playing beside him that said none of those players are true first or second line players. This is where I question the management group and why they didn’t shut him down. There was a drastic difference between the first half and second half of the year and if rest is what heals it They should’ve given it to him once playoffs were secured, they then could’ve used his ltir to to bring in a true first line player à la Las Vegas

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I see the same poster is still finding ways to shit on Petey.  Like do you even have anything else to contribute to this website?

Maybe it's Seravalli's account. Given he recently shit on Petey, and has been shitting on him since our season ended. Seems to have it out for Petey. More than me, and I figured I was a big Petey critic.

But, I do think something smells in regards to his knee injury. Cause no matter how you slice it, someone is either lying or incompetent. Either Petey is leaning on the knee injury as an excuse., but to his credit he also mentions he was just playing like shit. Or management was stupid in not shutting him down earlier. Given rest is apparently all Petey's knee needs for treatment. The situation is just really ugly for everyone involved ngl. Cause the entire reason I figured he was healthy, was cause the team never rested him. Despite being willing to rest Lindholm and Cole at points.

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Half the team was playing hurt

and?... half the team wasn't on course to get above 100 points for a second year running... especially while still under 25 years old...

Think he is doing just fine...

On 5/17/2024 at 10:51 PM, Canucks164cup said:

I would pay Miller this money but EP doesn't deserve this amount, watching the playoffs Miller is 100% better even if they had zero points Miller does way more and is more engaged because he's stronger. Watching Petey this playoffs it's like watching a fragile 18 or 19 year old play, management jumped the gun on this one too early.

Will Miller be 100% better in 2-3 years?... Why is that so hard to comprehend. You are not paying Petey for what he has done up to now, but for what, he is predicted or at least hoped to achieve by the time he is 28 onwards...ie his prime years...

Did you watch Petey during bubble, when he WAS a fragile teenager? Management jumped to gun, but 90%+ of the fan base wanted this deal concluded prior to the play offs, even though Petey wanted to wait...

He had over 100 points last year and was on course for it this year as well until he got injured...

Guess we'll see next year, when we are in the play offs again...

On 5/16/2024 at 11:07 PM, NoCupSyndrome said:

Yes, EP is struggling but some crazy takes are starting to make the rounds. JD Bunkis (Ontario podcaster, surprise surprise) suggested on sportsnet that EP's contract might be in the NHL's worst contract territory.

Crazy take, EP's game is still strong, it's his offensive production that has dried out. He needs to get out of his own head, he needs to go hard starting tonight, and he needs to get stronger on his skates over the summer (and every summer moving forward).

Playoff bubble EP was a beast, he will get it back. Unfortunately, it is terrible timing for him to go into a slump. The big contract is currently weighing on him. Lets go EP, huge game tonight!

boy had 102 points last season and nearly 90 this season (on course for over 100 until injured apparently)... so how the f is that the NHL worst contract territory for a 25 year old... Hope that clown is being held to account next season...

He's is just another Leafs blower, trying to divert all the garbage going on in leafs nation.... Maybe he should look closer to home...

Nylander was signed to a $11.5M contract after being barely a point per game up until his 27th birthday...

On 5/28/2024 at 11:03 AM, 43isprime said:

How do you feel about this now? 🤣

Maybe when Pettersson next season disappears for a 10-game stretch, it will be taken a bit more seriously instead of being brushed aside with accusations of cherry-picking.

If he scores 100-110 points, I'll have no issues with him vanishing for a 10 game stretch...